Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:17:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689773
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Modiphius Fallout Game  (Read 22893 times)

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
Re: Modiphius Fallout Game
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2017, 12:16:43 PM »
It is a lot of brass. Have to think carefully about getting into this game as it could cause serious damage to my wallet.

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2017, 01:57:33 PM »
Horrendous pricing - I suspect the license fee might be responsible. So looking forward to this but cannot justify starting this on these prices

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2017, 03:18:50 PM »
Modiphus is too expensive with their products. I was shocked when I saw the Star Trek-Prices, but now my interest for Fallout is blown away. So Games Workshop becomes a cheap shop for me.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2017, 04:30:29 PM »
 :) Lets' not exaggarate, a box of 8 human sized *resin* minis is EUR 45, that's about EUR 5,60 per mini? And if you get the two player starter set for EUR 67, the price per mini is more or less the same, and you get a deathclaw and couple of supermutants there?

You'd be hard put to find resin (finecast) minis cheaper on GW site, if I am not mistaken they're closer to 8 pounds UK per mini and up? Correct me if I am wrong, I haven't really followed their pricing.

So yes, they're a bit pricy to be sure, but nothing unheard of. Most minis are pretty expensive these days, barring historicals which seem to lag behind a bit.

Have they mentioned doing plastics? EDIT: I noticed there's two two-player starter sets, one with minis from PVC and one with resin... Resin one being more expensive of course. o_o

« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 05:03:34 PM by Verderer »

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2017, 05:21:15 PM »
Considering the amount of crap I bought for my Fallout project already, I'm probably just going to get the cheaper starter set.  Lets me see how the figures scale up with what I got and if the rules are worth using.  Really, all I'd be wanting from them figure wise is the power armor, some of the scenics, and a few of the robots.  Pretty much have everything else covered already.  lol

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2017, 05:37:18 PM »
As far as I know only the starter minis are PVC in the basic box, everything else is resin. I believe the choice for resin came from the questionnaire they offered a while ago.

I was taken aback at the pack prices too, but I am 'of that age' where 1/6 got you a seat in the cinema, a new suit, a chip supper and bus fare home, as we oldsters would say. They are around half the price of Hasslefree resin human figures no?

A five figure GW Imperial Guard Command Pack (in plastic?) is £21, Fallout human character packs in resin with three figures are £20.

I don't think they are inordinately more expensive compared to anything else, but if you are used to Historicals they might seem so. The price has given me pause for thought certainly, but on reflection that was probably unrealistic expectation on my part.

Offline nedius

• Librarian
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2017, 07:46:42 PM »
My thoughts are thatbthe PVC starter set is at the expensive end of average given the number of models you get, but it is still reasonable.

Named character packs, with 3 figures, associated cards etc at £20 is at the expensive end of reasonable, but is still so. GW named characters are normally way more expensive.

My concern is the generic characters. £15-£25 for generic NPCs or small model count scatter terrain is far more unreasonable. £15 for 4 barrels and some splats... £25 for 6 ghouls (GW sells 6 poxwalkers for £10).

They do beat prodos (4 sentry guns for £15 as opposed to 2 for £10), but those aside there are way cheaper alternatives!

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
  • Danger - Stupid and Industrious
    • Clan Mac's Post Apocalyptia
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2017, 08:24:26 PM »
Yes, kinda pricey, but there are a few things here for the fallout nuts (of which I am one) which are better than most of the options already available. I'll be getting those sentry guns and some Super Mutants. If the production figures live up to the renders I'm in. Likewise for the synths when they eventually come out.

Wanderers, vault dwellers and ghouls etc - there are enough cheaper options out there to mean I'm not so tempted, nice though they are.
Mac

It's not big, or clever, but let's do it anyway

https://www.facebook.com/Junkt0wn/

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2017, 09:04:30 PM »
True the accessories seem pretty expensive, and some of those ghouls look a bit odd (for ghouls...=)

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2017, 09:55:13 AM »
About the two player starter set, this is getting kinda confusing: So the PVC set is 67 euros, and it includes 12 minis, including a deathclaw. Then there's the resin set for 78 euros, but it comes with 11 minis and does NOT include the deathclaw?

And to make things even more confudzing, you can get the 12 starter set minis (with deathclaw) in resin for EUR 61.99. So the questions is, why did they drop the deathclaw from the resin version of the starter set? Simply to keep price down, I guess?

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2017, 01:21:45 PM »
I'm surprised to see complaints over price here.

To me it looks like GW/Warmachine prices (per playable army, not per miniature) and yes, thats a lot more than historic miniatures but 28mm fantasy or sci fi miniatures have always been expensive.
Considering that Modiphius has to pay for using the Fallout license, I might even go so far as to say that they're cheaper than GW and Warmachine should/could be.

I'm probably not gonna pick up anything besides the 2 player PVC set though, as I'm not interested in the current factions.

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2017, 01:28:50 PM »
One thing worth considering is that the minis come with scenic bases, so it saves a bit of effort or money (if you buy them separately).

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2017, 04:07:45 PM »
still think its too expensive...anything more than a couple of quid for a foot slogger in my book is expensive

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2018, 09:11:31 AM »
Resurrecting this thread a bit, just to ask: has anyone actually got their hands on the Fallout minis yet? I see mostly 3D renders, and not pics of actual minis so far... and apparently there's been some delays in production/deliver, if I am not mistaken?

I'd like to order some minis, but only if I can sure of the actual quality and Mophidius' ability to deliver...

Offline Anpu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Life in the vault is about to change...
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2018, 05:14:48 PM »
The ship is due in port in the nexr few days so shipping preorders will commence in week or two after customs has cleared the shipment. Stores and retailers should be getting it during august.