Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:45:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Modiphius Fallout Game  (Read 22757 times)

Offline Parkaboy

• Bookworm
Re: Modiphius Fallout Game
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2017, 09:11:31 PM »
Very curious if they will go with the same Dystopian Legions game engine as they used for Achtung!Cthulhu Skirmish.

Haven't heard much about that game yet...

It's neither of those, New system.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2017, 09:12:39 PM »
I see they're going to have a solo play option too.

Offline Weezbeez37

• Bookworm
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2017, 01:21:19 AM »
Yuppies!!!! I'm definitely going to be buying this, been waiting forever for a Fallout miniature game to arrive and now that there's an official game on the way it will be mine.... Plus my birthday is in November so the arrival couldn't be more perfect  ;)

Offline Kamandi

• Librarian
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2017, 01:45:12 AM »
Hi Peabody et al.

I'm certainly interested. But I'm also worried if this will interfere with the John Carter of Mars or Star Trek games. Barsoom has been on the schedule since 2015.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 05:12:52 AM by Kamandi »
"Something had happened in the dim past...! A natural disaster coupled with Radiation! The people in the bunkers lived out their lives and died dreaming of a day of return---The radiation would be gone---and the world would be left waiting---"

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2017, 06:29:09 AM »
From their latest newsletter:

Fallout: Wasteland Warfare will include an entire narrative campaign arc as well as unique random missions with narrative-style objectives, and Crew Caps recovered in missions can be used to improve the crew's perks, weapons, gear, and upgrades for the next encounter. In either Player vs. Player, or Tournament mode, players will try to survive the tabletop wasteland.

The game will also come with a customizable solo-play AI deck to control enemies that play to their strengths and replicate a faction's tactics while attempting a narrative mission or perfecting settlement-building strategy. Players can also team up with a friend to defend a larger settlement or explore narrative missions in cooperative games against AI forces or the post-apocalyptic dangers of the wasteland.

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2017, 06:03:09 PM »
Woof, woof!  Minis look great.

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2017, 06:20:41 PM »
Solo play, narrative arcs...Fallout...

Yeah I'm getting this

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2017, 06:29:28 PM »
I'm so excited....and I just can't hide it.....

just love this on my xbox - guess whats next in the shed once I have finished the Naps project !

Offline Redmao

• Scientist
  • Canadian Agent
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2017, 12:08:00 PM »
Good thing they didn't take the KS road, other wise the game would be available in 2019.  :D

I'm curious to see of fluid the solo play will be. It could be fun if the various characters had optional heads like in the video games.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 12:29:37 PM by Redmao »

Offline Parkaboy

• Bookworm
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2017, 03:01:25 AM »
Hi Peabody et al.

I'm certainly interested. But I'm also worried if this will interfere with the John Carter of Mars or Star Trek games. Barsoom has been on schedule since 2015.

There's very little crossover between the teams and resources.

Offline The_Baron

• Librarian
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2017, 04:03:18 AM »
At the very least it will be worth it for This is Not a Test minis! Those renders are looking nice

My Blog: http://returntologansworld.blogspot.com.au/
Empire of the Dead, Strange Aeons, Old-School Fantasy and Rogue Trader, 15mm ATZ

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2017, 04:10:27 AM »
I wonder what other wasteland beasties they will include. Molerats? Bloat Flies? Rad Scorpions?

Offline Baconfat

• Librarian
    • baconfatblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2017, 06:31:46 PM »
Lets all buy enough copies that it is successful enough that they release more minis. 

I would love some raiders and Fallout 4 robots.

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2017, 06:29:50 AM »
Lets all buy enough copies that it is successful enough that they release more minis. 

I would love some raiders and Fallout 4 robots.

Sound thinking!  :D
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline Gargobot

• Librarian
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2017, 03:57:43 PM »
Err, I'm a little unsure whether there is a consensus here to let this thread die and everybody who's interested in the game keeps up with infos on his/her own, or if we should keep on posting the little bits and bobs Modiphius releases.

Going with the latter for now. There was a short Q&A over on Beasts of War (link) 3 days ago:

BoW: So, we’ve seen the first few teasers about the Fallout: Wasteland Warfare miniatures game. Can you give us some more detail on how the game is going to release initially?

Chris Birch: You can expect a series of factions being released in waves with starter sets and then expansions for each faction to add to them and build the force you want. Everything is in super high quality resin produced in the UK with scenic bases included as standard.
We’re still considering a two player starter set which is aimed at the more mainstream market and that will likely follow after.

We know that the miniatures are going to be 32mm in scale but what material are they going to be made out of and will they come pre-assembled or in a more traditional miniatures format?

They’re very high quality resin – we’re using the same company that Hawk Wargames uses for their excellent resin production. They will not be pre-assembled but resin parts – we’re trying to keep assembly simple and minimal parts where possible though.

Saying that I do plan a sprue of stuff for modders to use – like guns, heads, kit, etc.

Can you tell us a bit more about the factions that are going to be present in the game?

I think you can guess we’re going to see the Brotherhood of Steel and the Supermutants quite early on, we then have plans to gradually roll out more factions month by month.

This week we’re doing a big survey to see which factions people are most looking forward to and that will shape which factions we introduce in wave two and three of the releases.

The idea of PvP, Co-Op & Solo tabletop missions sounds fascinating. Can you run through a bit more on how that plays out?

Well aside from player vs player, I’ve always wanted a wargame with decent solo rules so we’re working on AI decks that are flavoured by their factions specific tactics so you will see one faction acting differently to another if you face off against them on your own or with a friend.

By creating solo rules we can then have players team up together against the game – like defending a joint base together, or perhaps instead we’re playing a PvP game where a third side is controlled by the game.

Modiphius has a long history of working on some great role-playing games. How much of an influence has that had on where you go with this miniatures game?

I think it’s led us to try to bring more narrative missions to the game. Something I’ve found with a lot of wargames is a lack of decent scenarios – so we’re planning lots of linked missions in story driven campaigns with regular monthly releases in a storyline as well as packaged bundles.

Of course if you just want to face off for caps or fight over a simple objective that’s easy. We’re also considering some evolving storylines that are wrapped around each faction and how the players can have an influence on that – more on that soon!

Is there more about the general mechanics of the game you can tell us, for example how a standard turn might break down on the tabletop?

I can’t reveal too much yet as it’s still in play testing and these things could change a lot. Needless to say there’s a couple of levels of play for each unit – either as characters or squads. We could roll out with just three or four cool characters and see what the wasteland has to throw at us, or face off against your squads of say a dozen raiders.

The game focuses on games ranging from three up to thirty models, however we’re working on a mob version that would let you field much bigger numbers without it taking days to play.

Are you going to be taking this game to Kickstarter or via another platform?

It won’t be a kickstarter but a pre-order on the Modiphius store or in your local gaming stores. There will be some cool bonuses for pre-ordering from us, but we’re trying to ensure you can get this anywhere there’s a good gaming store.

Cheers for the update Chris!