Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:19:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Modiphius Fallout Game  (Read 22761 times)

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
Re: Modiphius Fallout Game
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2017, 05:12:35 PM »
Very happy to hear they use the same resin as Hawk wargames.
That stuff convinced me not all resin is crap.
It's wonderfull stuff to work with
'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'

Offline Baconfat

• Librarian
    • baconfatblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2017, 12:44:46 AM »
It's very good to hear that more factions will be released in following months!

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2017, 12:53:38 AM »
Err, I'm a little unsure whether there is a consensus here to let this thread die and everybody who's interested in the game keeps up with infos on his/her own, or if we should keep on posting the little bits and bobs Modiphius releases.

Going with the latter for now.

I'm happy with keeping this update thread running. Not only does it get the info out there but it's also interesting to see what other LAFers have to say as this game develops.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2017, 02:11:29 AM »
Yep. More factions will be great. Brotherhood of Steel vs the Enclave would be really cool on the tabletop. I hope they do a feral ghoul faction, although they would probably suit being random encounters really.

Offline Baconfat

• Librarian
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2017, 11:42:15 PM »
When I read, the following on the Modiphius website:

"Players can also team up with a friend to defend a larger settlement"

I immediately started building one.

The 4 x 6 ground cover is silicone, sand and paint smashed into canvas.

Offline Baconfat

• Librarian
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2017, 11:48:19 PM »
All of it isn't finished being painted and there's more to make, but I'll be damned if I don't have a settlement ready to defend when the game is released.

Offline AngusH

• Bookworm
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2017, 05:37:02 AM »
Looks awesome Baconfat!

I really hope we see Raider Power Armour in the early releases... Some of the most impressive looking equipment in all of FO4, and there are no 3rd party models in the same vein (as far as I'm aware...).

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2017, 07:00:02 PM »
Err, I'm a little unsure whether there is a consensus here to let this thread die and everybody who's interested in the game keeps up with infos on his/her own, or if we should keep on posting the little bits and bobs Modiphius releases.

Personally, I'd like to keep this thread going, at least until the game comes out.  It'd be nice not to have to chase news down over multiple threads.

Offline Gargobot

• Librarian
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2017, 07:48:24 PM »
@Baconfat: Another (great looking) settlement needs your help. ;D

@AngusH: This is speculation of course, but I'd assume the renders they showed so far are what is gonna be released first. And there's one FO4 Power Armor in there already.

@rwwin: Ok then. So two days ago there was another short interview with Chris Birch. This time on gamer-feed.com (link):

Gamer Feed: How long has Fallout: Wasteland Warfare been in development?
Chris Birch: Since October last year.

Gamer Feed: Who made first contact about doing a miniatures game based on the Fallout universe?
Chris Birch: I did – it's something I've always wanted to do and have been chatting to Bethesda for a while now.

Gamer Feed: With the factions, from looking at the models provided, there is the Brotherhood of Steel, Super Mutants and the Lone Survivor with Dogmeat. Is there any other faction that will be brought into the game?
Chris Birch: Yes you can expect to see Raiders, the Institute and others over time. The Lone Survivor will be part of the wasteland survivors faction which includes various allies and characters.

Gamer Feed: With the scenery, you showed a resin Nuka-Cola vending machine. Will the settlement buildings and wrecked vehicles be in resin also, or be made of a different material?
Chris Birch: Things like machines, vending machines, crates, rusted cars etc. will be in resin, whilst we'll also have clip together pre-coloured card buildings that can be played right out of the box.

Gamer Feed: With the game itself, will it be played on a table top similar to Warhammer 40k or Warmachine, or use a board similar to Achtung! Cthulhu?
Chris Birch: It will be playable on a 3x3ft or 4x4ft wargame table like Warhammer.

Gamer Feed: Can you provide an example of how perks will work in the game?
Chris Birch: Perks will be something you purchase with caps as your leader develops and give benefits to the leaders or their crew.

Gamer Feed: With combat, will the game use a dice based mechanic or a card based mechanic?
Chris Birch: It's dice based, we'll be discussing more about that soon.

Gamer Feed: In Fallout, sometimes when you fight an enemy, a wild animal might show up and also attack you. Will there be any random events like this in the game?
Chris Birch: Yes, you have the option of including wasteland creatures which are run by an AI deck and they might attack either player. You can also have other factions show up controlled by the AI deck.

Gamer Feed: Did the scope of the project change over time?
Chris Birch: Yes there's been a lot of changes over the development period – some of it to simplify the rules, some of it to add more Fallout flavour. It's pretty much stayed the same scale though for 3-30 figures, though we're making sure we can have bigger battles too.

Gamer Feed: Other games you have created had a Kickstarter to launch the game. What was the decision to skip Kickstarter for launching this game?
Chris Birch: We wanted to get the game out quickly, and so decided to invest a lot of time in getting the game in to development, then run a pre-order and launch with the first factions.

Gamer Feed: What is the MSRP (manufacturer's suggested retail price) of the game?
Chris Birch: We're currently working on this.

Gamer Feed: When players build a crew, will they be limited to their factions, or will they be able to build a crew out of mixed factions? E.G. Brotherhood of Steel fighting alongside Super Mutants.
Chris Birch: You can decide to play a narrative game where you're limited to allies based on the storyline, or you can play anything goes where you might mix and match just the cool figures you want together.

Gamer Feed: Will there be a Super Mutant Behemoth in the game?
Chris Birch: Oh yes!

A short note after the interview mentions the projected release date of November this year again.
I should also mention that I changed the interview in parts, mostly spelling and formatting, because it looked like it came straight out of a speech-to-text app. I linked the original interview up top and here again, in case you want to check that out instead.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 09:44:41 PM by Gargobot »

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2017, 08:15:14 PM »
I'm happy with keeping this update thread running. Not only does it get the info out there but it's also interesting to see what other LAFers have to say as this game develops.

Ditto!  8)

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2017, 08:56:21 PM »
They already had the hook in me with a fallout game. But I swallowed completely when I saw the no Kickstarter bit.

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2017, 06:15:30 AM »
*sigh* I was doing so well concentrating on one game at a time and then this comes along. I guess its time for damage control - buy the rulebook and patiently wait for a faction that I cant resist.

Offline AngusH

• Bookworm
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2017, 06:27:10 AM »
*sigh* I was doing so well concentrating on one game at a time and then this comes along. I guess its time for damage control - buy the rulebook and patiently wait for a faction that I cant resist.

That's my thinking too. Unfortunately the faction that I can't resist just happens to be every single last one of them............

Offline Theyredeaddave

• Schoolboy
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2017, 11:51:31 AM »
This looks great, has got me wishing my life away, roll on November!

Releasing some kind of 28mm scrapped vehicle/s will really fill a void in the market, I've spent ages looking and had no joy.
Andover Wargaming Club, come check us out http://arbbl.com/wp/

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2017, 04:02:53 PM »
That's my thinking too. Unfortunately the faction that I can't resist just happens to be every single last one of them............
I'm not gonna kid myself. I'll be buying every bit they release...  ::)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666