Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:13:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686658
  • Total Topics: 118118
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Modiphius Fallout Game  (Read 22766 times)

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
Re: Modiphius Fallout Game
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2018, 11:13:31 PM »
I see, thanks Anpu. Gives me times to save more money then...

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2018, 07:30:02 PM »
Having been out of the hobby for quite some time, I wasn't aware of this until a couple of weeks back  :o. I really, really like the Fallout setting and I have ordered some of the packs (Starter, Heroes of Sanctuary Hill, Scenic Starter, Settlement Deck and Wasteland Creatures Core Box), which I am very much looking forward to receiving, whenever that may be.

The thing appealing to me the most with gaming, is the solo aspect with an "AI" for the different units. I don't get many opportunities to play vs games so coupled with the Settlement deck I think I can have an absolute blast with the game whenever I have time to play it.
"Who knows what Evil lurks in the heart of men?"
"The Shadow knows!!! Hahahahaha!"

Offline MajorTalon

• Scientist
  • Talon Company!
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2018, 07:51:22 PM »
I have the Minutemen Posse box pre-ordered to start, but I can't wait for the game to come out. Fallout Wargaming is what got me to join Lead Adventure in the first place, and it's good to see that someone recognized the need for official minis.

Offline Littlearmies

• Scientist
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2018, 11:47:56 PM »
There is a review here of the boxset models (in PVC). After seeing the products I'm glad i didn't go for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twpi3F_b9Jw

Offline Kamandi

• Librarian
« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2018, 12:09:14 AM »
I have the Minutemen Posse box pre-ordered to start, but I can't wait for the game to come out. Fallout Wargaming is what got me to join Lead Adventure in the first place, and it's good to see that someone recognized the need for official minis.

Me too. I was hoping for a cheap and cheerful hero-clix type Fallout game. I'm not sold on this yet. I'm going to wait and see if people actually play the game.
"Something had happened in the dim past...! A natural disaster coupled with Radiation! The people in the bunkers lived out their lives and died dreaming of a day of return---The radiation would be gone---and the world would be left waiting---"

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2018, 09:34:19 AM »
There is a review here of the boxset models (in PVC). After seeing the products I'm glad i didn't go for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twpi3F_b9Jw

I agree, those placcy minis in the video are very poor to be frank. The resin ones need to be much better for me to buy them.

So very disappointing to see these, all the bendyness (even the bases), mold lines and shallow details in faces etc.

The game itself looks interesting.

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2018, 09:51:41 AM »
I am getting more and more happy with my decision to stay away from this. Those models look horrible.

Offline JamesValentine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2018, 06:37:52 PM »
No thank you. Yet another "new" game to avoid

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2018, 07:59:26 PM »
Well I think its thought a bit short to say the Game is Bad because the review of the PVC Starterset showed some Moldlines an Gaps. Please keep in Mind that Modiphius has to walk a thin Line between different worlds. On the one side we have the Tabletop Fans and Miniature addicted people that living on this great board here for excample. On the other side there are hundrets of thousands of people playing the Video Game and have not much contact with Miniature gaming at all till today. To catch those people the PVC Starter Kit was originaly designed. To build a bridge for People who are interested in the World, but had trouble to find a easy beginning in our (not so beginner friendly) Hobby. Well a lot of people have preordered the PVC Starter and will complain about it, but be honest you had always the Choice to go for Resin. I have done it and have some crisp perfect casted miniatures on my Table that are a joi to paint and play with.

And yes its pricy, but I think in a Kickstarter  poisend Miniature gaming world the people have forgot that its still a niche market and its pricy to produce our toys in the here claimed Quality. And Fallout is one of the most iconic Video Game Franchise, the License to produce something Official is not cheap and will have its price to pay over the Miniatures.

Offline Littlearmies

• Scientist
« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2018, 08:59:55 PM »
Deltadog
Whilst I understand that Modiphius had to give their left testicle to get the licence, perhaps it might be a bit more honest of Modiphius to show the actual minis that customers will be receiving rather than 3D renders (I understand that the renders were what you had at the time - but now you have the real thing perhaps it is time for those figures to be pictured..). And I realise that some people are concerned about the whole package rather than just the figures - but if I had paid £60 I'd expect those figures to be about as good as Modiphius could get them - and the figures that guy received fell well short of both his and my expectations. If the figures had been brilliant then I'd have jumped right in but those were of poor quality.

Malc

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #115 on: August 14, 2018, 10:39:09 PM »
Well, as photos of the real minis start to come in, we'll get a more realistic picture of the quality. I think everybody knew the plastic minis wouldn't be as good as resin ones, but those first video images were a shocker.

I was going to choose resin figs anyways, and most of the range is in resin, I understand? So theres still hope this will work out.

Offline Achilles

• Mad Scientist
  • Heal them, with fire from above.
    • Guerrilla Miniature Games
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2018, 12:44:46 PM »
The PVC models are fine. I just painted a whole starter set of them and have painted some of the resins to go alongside (all the subsequent models EXCEPT the starter are in resin) and I've got no issues.

All life is an experiment.
The more experiments you make, the better.
To see more painted Toy Soldiers, check out my Blog!

Offline Arcturus

• Scientist
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2018, 04:09:16 PM »
I received my pre-order last week and I have to say the same. The PVC models are okay. Some bend bases here an there but nothing to bad. The Resin minis are of the finest quality.

The gameplay is very fluent, easy and intuitive which was not something i expected. All the different range rulers and stuff seemed pretty complex but it is in fact not.

I am pretty happy with the game and would highly recommend it. Finally the real fallout experience and no more proxying necessary.  :)

Offline The_Baron

• Librarian
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2018, 10:35:05 PM »
Just watched the unboxing video, yeah the PVC models don't look great on the human-sized models, but work ok on the bigger ones. The main character appeared to be missing a nose!

My Blog: http://returntologansworld.blogspot.com.au/
Empire of the Dead, Strange Aeons, Old-School Fantasy and Rogue Trader, 15mm ATZ

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2018, 09:48:40 AM »
I've encountered something similar with Reaper  Bones minis, features are really shallow and sometimes even incomplete. I wonder how they pass quality check?