Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:23:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10472
  • Latest: J_elves
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1693380
  • Total Topics: 118532
  • Online Today: 669
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Copplestone Castings  (Read 7147 times)

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
Re: Copplestone Castings
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 03:38:20 AM »
I use Firefox all the time, Copplestone's site loads just fine.

Even tried it from a work computer earlier today, loaded up fine in both IE (ick!) and Firefox.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 09:02:02 AM »
Tad, check your browser version. You may need to download an update.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 09:06:12 AM »
I use the Opera browser - works fine. There's nothing wrong with Copplestone's site - if you're having problems accessing particular sites, it's usually a problem with your browser. I had a problem with Opera a few months ago, where all of a sudden eBay and Photobucket didn't seem to work properly. But as soon as I downloaded and installed the latest release of Opera - problem solved!

Opera is a totally free browser, with a load of features which I way prefer to Internet Explorer. There's a new release just been made available (10.10)

Why not try it it and see if it solves your problems accessing Copplestone's site?
http://www.opera.com/browser/

Takes a few minutes to download and install. You can keep IE too and just pick the browser you want to use when you go online.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2009, 09:10:22 AM »
I would like to know what is going on as well.  I've tried using Firefox and that didn't work either.  I'm glad that you brought this up because I thought it was just me.  I would like to know what is going on.

I just checked again and it works fine, so it might be down to the browser you use (latest version, any script- or ad-blocking software that needs to be "trained", a whitelist system, or something?). I run a tight ship with my Java and related issues and usually get some 50-75% of gaming-related, "honest" sites up blank since they use such ridiculous amounts of Flash animations and other new-fangled shenanigans.

On other Copplestone business, this morning I received my Copplestone order (placed on Saturday) all in best order. Four working days after the order, that´s fine with me, and all the right stuff in there.

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2009, 02:54:31 PM »
sadly keeps causing my internet explorer to crash when I try to enter the site.

Your fault, get a good working browser like safari or Firefox or opera. M$ Shit never works... I always have to do some special css for this "browser"
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2009, 03:27:58 PM »
sadly keeps causing my internet explorer to crash when I try to enter the site.

Others have already answered.  There is, actually, an issue with the site in as much as it runs an earlier version of Java.  I "know" this because one of my Browsers with certain Security settings alerts me!

I run Opera, Firefox and IE 8 & 7.  You can install all of these Browsers without any problems on your PC (Apart from two versions of IE - I use Virtual sessions for that) and then, even if you have a Browser preference, if one won't work with a particular site, just try one of the others.  :)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2009, 04:41:48 PM »
Five days within the UK? That's odd I've had stuff from Copplestone delivered inside three days to the far side of the world. I've always found service from Mark to be excellent. Just wish he would hurry up with some more bits and bobs in the Glory of the Sun Range.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline TadPortly

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.oxfordhousehold.co.uk/
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2009, 05:45:06 PM »
Others have already answered.  There is, actually, an issue with the site in as much as it runs an earlier version of Java.  I "know" this because one of my Browsers with certain Security settings alerts me!

Aha I think this may be the problem.
They were all drawn to the Keep; the soldiers who brought death; the father and daughter fighting for life; the people who have always feared it; and the one man who knows its secret....

Offline Leapsnbounds

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2009, 01:31:43 AM »
I reloaded both Internet Explorer and Firefox and still can't get cobblestone castings website.  Firefox says it doesn't exisit Internet says the link is borken.