Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 02:39:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1695305
  • Total Topics: 118674
  • Online Today: 531
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: M.O.O.S.(E). Ministry of Occult Studies (England): 12/10 Game shots  (Read 682793 times)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: M.O.O.S.(E)- Ministry of Occult Studies (England) UD: 31/10 Witch's Hut
« Reply #1020 on: November 04, 2012, 11:32:11 PM »
I like the new scenes of horror! Maybe add some vines or something to the hut?
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline zobo1942

• Librarian
    • Innsmouth Looks
Re: M.O.O.S.(E)- Ministry of Occult Studies (England) UD: 31/10 Witch's Hut
« Reply #1021 on: November 05, 2012, 02:49:16 AM »
Are the statues on your 'scene of horror' from the LoTR 'Return of the King' set from GW?

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
I like the new scenes of horror! Maybe add some vines or something to the hut?

Thanks, styx!
There are a couple of vine-like things growing on it.
It has been built to used as an 'insert' into a larger piece of scenery, so I dont want to lose too much of the original model.

Are the statues on your 'scene of horror' from the LoTR 'Return of the King' set from GW?

Yes, they are.

The Lockswin dragged his Irish Division out of the pub and returned to action with them last week.
He has since painted Captain Murphy himself to lead them.

Nice, isnt he?

We played the Specimen Collection mission, with the Agents attempting to capture a Zombie for analysis due to the recent spate of sightings involving the undead creatures.
Any further knowledge of them could only aid the teams in the field.

Here is the set-up we were using, representing a secluded barn where the minions of the Mad Scientists were believed to be conducting their vile experiments.

The forces of the Mad Scientist would begin the game entering the Barn with one of their experimental specimens.
The Scientist was accompanied by a detachment of Asylum Guards to protect him.

Meanwhile a deranged nurse who had turned into a Maniac was let loose to guard the perimeter

The starting positions of the minions of the Asylum.

The Agents of His Majesty approached from the wood at the rear of the complex, some of the team scaling the hedge and entering the yard.

The M.O.O.S.(E). team began to advance carefully into the yard, with two of their number acting as a rearguard. This may well have been because they could hear a frothing Maniac gibbering and howling as it approached them around the perimeter!

Having ordered a couple of the Guards armed with firearms into a position to cover the large, open expanse of the  yard, the Scientist ordered his pet Maniac onto the attack!

Knowing that it was futile attempting to outmanoeuvre the Maniac, Murphy himself had climbed the hedge to try and aid the two members of his team facing off the howling madwoman.

Murphy ordered his two comrades to open fire on the crazed nurse, adding his own fire-power to theirs.
All three servants of the Ministry opened fire in a blaze of smoke and noise, hitting the lunatic several times.
Unfortunately for them, although they had wounded her, they had failed to take her down!

The Maniac covered the distance as quickly as possible and, using her Heroic skill, declared a Charge, Charge, Charge sequence of actions.
Her intentions were pretty clear, I think!

Her first object was the shotgun-toting agent......

.....who promptly fled!

The nurse quickly redirected her intentions on a poor unfortunate, terror stricken Agent wearing a flat-cap, who bravely stood his ground.....

...to no avail, as he was swiftly dispatched, the nurse screaming as she advanced again on her original victim, the terrified shotgun wielder....

....who she took down with murderous sweeps of a meat cleaver.

Murphy saw a second member of his team fall to frenzy of the Maniac.
It was too much for him too and he fled!

In one turn she had taken down almost half of the team!
Could they survive the onslaught of the killer nurse....?

To Be Continued....................

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:52:20 PM by Mason »

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
Wow, yet another tough Lurker cuts down a mess of agents!  :-*

Offline smokezombie

• Mad Scientist
Maniacs really do seem to be value for money.
Great pics Mason. The crazed nurse is fast becoming one of my fave minis.
"The sword sung on the barren heath,
The sickle in the fruitful field;
The sword he sung a song of death,
But could not make the sickle yield."
William Blake

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Yet another GREAT report. I'm staring to enjoy the atmospheric photos for the battle reports; they definitely add to the narrative. AND the overhead, color shot shows just how very nicely you did the warehouse/livery base...EXCELLENT WORK!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
Fantastic looking game, report and models! :-* As Smoke Zombie said, I really like that nurse. I may feel differently about her once I've been on the wrong end of that butcher's blade of hers! Perhaps Thursday...

:o

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: M.O.O.S.(E)- Ministry of Occult Studies (England) UD: 06/11 Specimen AAR Pt2
« Reply #1027 on: November 06, 2012, 09:42:42 PM »
Wow, yet another tough Lurker cuts down a mess of agents!  :-*

It aint over yet!

Maniacs really do seem to be value for money.
Great pics Mason. The crazed nurse is fast becoming one of my fave minis.

VFM?: they are, mate, they are...
You may not like her so much if you keep meeting her!

Yet another GREAT report. I'm staring to enjoy the atmospheric photos for the battle reports; they definitely add to the narrative. AND the overhead, color shot shows just how very nicely you did the warehouse/livery base...EXCELLENT WORK!

Thanks, DeafNala!
Glad that you are starting to like the vintage style pics, although I will have to alternate each time as they are not to everyone's taste...

Fantastic looking game, report and models! :-* As Smoke Zombie said, I really like that nurse. I may feel differently about her once I've been on the wrong end of that butcher's blade of hers! Perhaps Thursday...

:o

Thanks, Bert!
I am sure that you will come to love her just as much as the other chaps.... ;)

Part Two.....

Two men down, and Murphy himself off on his toes, was not where The Lockswin had intended to be at that precise moment.

In his next turn The Lockswin tried again to shoot down the Maniac at a safe distance.
And failed!

Seeing as Murphy has a rock-hard Constitution and a swordstick, he decided that the best option was to fight fire with fire and charged the nutter.

The ensuing fight went on for several turns, with Murphy coming off the worse in the exchange, being twice knocked to the ground and getting to his feet again, before finally succumbing to the Maniac's wrath.

With even the fearsome combat skills of Murphy being taken down it was beginning to look desperate for the Irish Division!

During the Lurker turn the Maniac was nominated again and quickly hurdled the hedge to take on the dual-pistol wielding Agent.

The two .45's quickly fell to the floor as the Maniac dispatched their owner with the same efficiency that she had show against his fellows.

Seeing this, the remaining Agent failed his Resolve test and made an attempt to run for it....

....unfortunately for him, he was quickly caught and suffered the same fate as the rest of the team!

That was the end, the whole team taken out by a single Maniac!

That was one seriously cheesed-off and rock hard, head-case of a nurse!

Not a great recommendation for the medical profession......

The game brought an end to the Irish Division's string of victories, and meant that the Ministry teams had been taking a severe pounding in recent weeks.

We are due to be playing a few more games at the end of the week.
Lets see if the M.O.O.S.(E). teams can get their revenge!
 ;)

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:53:27 PM by Mason »

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
This totally blows Nursedom's claims on T.L.C.. It wasn't a great day for the Irish either. It was, however, YET ANOTHER FINE REPORT...WELL DONE!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 01:40:59 PM by DeafNala »

Offline smokezombie

• Mad Scientist
Brutal. The protracted combats with maniacs are really nerve wracking. Better luck next time Lockswin. On the bright side.. Five more wins and that tesla rifle is yours!

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Sweet! So, was the Manaic boosted up or standard?

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
That nurse is definitely TLC  - a Total Lunatic C.....Character! lol

Nasty. I shall hope for better fortune than poor old Lockswin's gaelic geezers if I should happen to cross paths with her on Thursday. I shall gather my resolve, stiffen my sinews and take a firm grip on my sword cane...

Bert

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
Advice to all M.O.O.S(E) Agents from Special Agent Connery, a part-Irish, part-Scottish, part-Russian, part-Eqyptian veteran:

"You wanna know how to kill the Maniac? She pullsh a knife, you pull a gun. She shends one of yoursh to the hoshpital, you shend her to the morgue. Thatsh the M.O.O.S(E) way! And thatsh how you get the Maniac!"

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
ake a firm grip on my sword cane...

Don't ye think you should rephrase that laddie?

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
This totally blows Nursedom's claims on T.L.C.. It wasn't a great day for the Irish either. It was, however, YET ANOTHER FINE REPORT...WELL DONE!

Thanks, Al!
TLC? Dunno what you mean.....

Brutal. The protracted combats with maniacs are really nerve wracking. Better luck next time Lockswin. On the bright side.. Five more wins and that tesla rifle is yours!

It sure was, and they certainly are.
On the bright side for the Asylum: I have five maniacs safely locked away now.
And one of them has a chainsaw...... ;D

Sweet! So, was the Manaic boosted up or standard?

Standard stats, mate.
I dont feel the need to start boosting them (Yet!), as they are quite a pain as they are.
Looking for a victim to test out the chainsaw on, though!
 :D

That nurse is definitely TLC  - a Total Lunatic C.....Character! lol

Nasty. I shall hope for better fortune than poor old Lockswin's gaelic geezers if I should happen to cross paths with her on Thursday. I shall gather my resolve, stiffen my sinews and take a firm grip on my sword cane...

Bert

A large snifter beforehand might help too!

Advice to all M.O.O.S(E) Agents from Special Agent Connery, a part-Irish, part-Scottish, part-Russian, part-Eqyptian veteran:

"You wanna know how to kill the Maniac? She pullsh a knife, you pull a gun. She shends one of yoursh to the hoshpital, you shend her to the morgue. Thatsh the M.O.O.S(E) way! And thatsh how you get the Maniac!"

lol
Seems pretty apt, for some reason... ::)

ake a firm grip on my sword cane...

Don't ye think you should rephrase that laddie?

Not the first time that Bert has heard that question, methinks....

We should be getting a few games in tomorrow evening, so a chance for the Ministry boys to save their reputations.
 ;)

Friday I am hoping to get back in the swing of things with some painting.

I am a little spoilt for choice at the moment, as there are a few things that are nearing completion or wont take long to finish.
The last of my vehicles (for now...), including a lovely period bus...

There is also the Missing Link nearly done and a great piece of scenery, that is perfect for 1920's Britain, that Bezzo has sent me.
Thanks, Bezzo!

Choices, choices...

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:53:58 PM by Mason »