Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:34:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694091
  • Total Topics: 118579
  • Online Today: 600
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: M.O.O.S.(E). Ministry of Occult Studies (England): 12/10 Game shots  (Read 681363 times)

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
Re: M.O.O.S.(E)- Ministry of Occult Studies (England) UD:04/07 Tchoo-Tchoo!
« Reply #1830 on: July 07, 2013, 04:17:20 PM »
The Boglings are fantastic, Paul! :-*

It really reminds me that I have to start to base and paint some other, similiar miniatures which came in a parcel a while ago ;)

Offline ImhotepMagi

• Librarian
    • Deep Dark Dungeons-A hobby blog
« Reply #1831 on: July 07, 2013, 07:47:05 PM »
Great stuff! Adorably evil!

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #1832 on: July 08, 2013, 01:27:14 PM »
Nice work on the new beasties!
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #1833 on: July 09, 2013, 12:47:42 PM »
The Boglings are fantastic, Paul! :-*

It really reminds me that I have to start to base and paint some other, similiar miniatures which came in a parcel a while ago ;)

Cheers, Skander!
Now pull your finger out and get painting.
 :D

OH BABY! Those are some of the most DELIGHTFULLY ugly Little Vermin that Four A has come up with. Your OUTSTANDING brushwork has highlighted all their innate charm. VERY WELL DONE!

Great stuff! Adorably evil!

Nice work on the new beasties!

Thanks, fellas!
This is not the first time these little critters have appeared, they were shown a while ago when I first painted them, but as I had been bandying the word 'Tchoo'tchoo' about, I thought it only fair to show pictures of something similar.

Here are the close-ups again for those that missed them earlier in the thread...

The pictures arte a little blurry, but you get the gist...

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1834 on: July 09, 2013, 05:33:43 PM »
The Little Uglies look LOVELY...so to speak. They're such a personable Gang of Miscreants. GREAT STUFF!

The pictures are a little blurry, but you get the gist...

In comparison to the ones I've taken today your photos are wonders to behold. I had gotten a string of compliments on the way the eyes of my Babes turned out in the flesh (pewter), YET in the photos they look Zombie-like...I think The Camera dislikes females.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #1835 on: July 09, 2013, 07:25:26 PM »
Man those are FUGLY! in a good way!  lol

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: M.O.O.S.(E)- Ministry of Occult Studies (England) UD:11/07 Scenario #5
« Reply #1836 on: July 11, 2013, 12:53:33 AM »
The Little Uglies look LOVELY...so to speak. They're such a personable Gang of Miscreants. GREAT STUFF!

Man those are FUGLY! in a good way!  lol

Thanks, chaps!

I finally got around to doing the write-up for Scenario Five of This Green and Unpleasant Land.
About time too, as I am hoping to get together with Bert next week to play the Final Game!

Here it is......

Scenario #5: The Call For Help!

Requirements: This Scenario can only be played once the Threshold player has played and Won Scenario #4

Lurkers:  Only Zombies (of any type, including dogs and skill upgrades), Giant Vermin and Maniacs may be used. Up to one Mad Scientist may be used as the leader of the group. At least half of the available BP (rounded down) must be spent on Zombies (of any type).

Set Up;  The Lurker player sets up the table, with a Telephone Box (or similar communication device like a radio, semaphore station etc..) in the exact centre of the table. The Threshold player sets up first and begins the game with all of his team within 5 Inches of the Telephone Box.
The Lurker player then sets up his forces within 5 Inches of EITHER short board edge.

Special Rules;  The Threshold player has several other things to consider, as well as simply surviving.
Firstly, they have the Mad Scientist, Dr Hugh Jarse captive and must make sure that he does not escape.
Although he is gagged and bound, his legs remain free so that he can be ‘walked’ with the group and thus make them quicker in evading the wandering dead. A member of the Threshold team MUST remain in base contact with him at all times. If this is the case, Dr Jarse will move with the team member and cause no obstruction.
If, for any reason, Dr Jarse is not in base contact with a Threshold model at the start of a Lurker turn he will attempt to escape. He may make a ‘free move’ (with no need to be Nominated) and move D6 inches away from the nearest Threshold model, moving towards the nearest table edge if possible.

Secondly, the team has to establish contact with HQ and arrange to be allowed to escape the ever-tightening ring of fire that is slowly closing in on them.
To do this successfully, a member of the team has to spend TEN turns, costing one Action per Turn (but can spend any other available Actions in the manner of their choosing), using the telephone to receive instructions. TEN separate Actions have to be spent over TEN different turns, but these DO NOT have to be consecutive Turns. Keep a count of how many Turns have been spent on ‘the phone’, as a model may be disturbed or even several different models used. It is the actual number of Turns spent on ‘the phone’ which is important.

Finally, the Reinforcements rule comes into effect when the first Lurker model is killed. Lurker models may return to play along either short table edge.

Starting The Game: The Lurker player goes first.

Ending The Game: The game continues until the Threshold team spend TEN Turns on ‘the phone’ which means they Win and can move on to the Final Scenario.
Any other result is a Win for the Lurker player.

Treasure: There is no Treasure available. Getting the chance to escape from the imminent firestorm and attempt Scenario Six should be reward enough!

I hope there are no mistakes in there.

Once all the games have been completed (five down, one to go...) I will put them all together in one place so that others can give the Black Dossier a go without having to drift around finding the relevant information.

Hope you are enjoying the tale of This Green and Unpleasant Land so far...

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Just a small update to let you know about a piece of terrain that I have been working on for Mordheim, which should also work nicely in Strange Aeons.

It should work just fine as a haunted house or a nice HQ building for the Cult or an old fortified building where a Mad Scientist could do his thing.

It is almost finished, here is a piccie of it in its current state.

There are more WIP pics of it here:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=30667.1080

I think it should work nicely.
Let me know if you have any other ideas...

Offline Mathyoo

• Scientist
    • My blog here!
Hey, I've seen that keep around Tyne!  :D

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Funny thing is it looks just a WONDERFUL here as in the Fantasy Section. About the only thing I can see that's missing is a chimney.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Hey, I've seen that keep around Tyne!  :D

As in this Tyne? : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Tyne

If so, where?
I would like to see pics for inspiration.

Funny thing is it looks just a WONDERFUL here as in the Fantasy Section. About the only thing I can see that's missing is a chimney.

Thanks, Al!
The chimney is on the list (it will sit on the flat area that you can see on the back side of the roof) , along with a few other bits that need doing.
 ;)

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
Pretty sure it's pomegranate juice, warpstone soured all the pinot....  :'(

Lovely wee keep Mason!
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
I might be wrong but that looks like a Shiraz in the glass top left?

Mmmm? It could be a Pinot Noir?

:o
Thats bloody scary. mate.
Right first time.
It was either that or a cheeky little Merlot with dinner last night and the Shiraz won.
 ;)

Pretty sure it's pomegranate juice, warpstone soured all the pinot....  :'(

Do me a favour!
 ;)

Lovely wee keep Mason!

Thank you, Mr P!

Offline redzed

• Mastermind
    • redzed
looks ace as usual, that town must be bloody huge by now lol
Commission Painting undertaken, PM or email me.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
looks ace as usual, that town must be bloody huge by now lol

It is a fair size now, mate.
It has certainly outgrown the 4x4 board that I made for it, but certain elements of it have seen service in Strange Aeons and VSF so it has worked out well.

Back to the Black Dossier: A Green and Unpleasant Land.

I have just spoken to Bert and made arrangements, so Scenario Six: Escape the Flames should be played later this week.

Can the team from the Thames Valley get out of the Infected Zone in time?

AAR and piccies when when it happens...