Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:07:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Help out Bob Murch  (Read 3687 times)

Offline Kamandi

• Librarian
Re: Help out Bob Murch
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2014, 06:16:14 AM »
I opened this thread expecting to hear Bob had suffered some terrible disaster. I am both relieved and engaged to hear of the Special Bread Fruit Gambit. Please let us know when you are taking orders.
"Something had happened in the dim past...! A natural disaster coupled with Radiation! The people in the bunkers lived out their lives and died dreaming of a day of return---The radiation would be gone---and the world would be left waiting---"

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2014, 12:13:18 PM »
I actually have a Hayes Code rule under most circumstances. Aside from the Neanderthal figs, that were sculpted before Pulp Figures became a company, I don't normally do overt nudity.  In this case though, I'm hoping to appeal to as large an audience as possible and there are some silent south-seas movies that give a precedence, however tenuous.

Being old enough to remember this attempt at a reasonable moral code (ended up somewhere, depending on section, between the 10 commandments and - shudder - Hammurabi's rather bloody code,) for movie production when it was enforced voluntarily, let me help the youngsters and those without historical knowledge by referencing it relatively intact:

http://www.artsreformation.com/a001/hays-code.html

Bob:  Thank you for striving to stay true to your moral compass in this matter.  I do want to say that the nudity presented in this projected figure should not upset 90 - 95% of the Anglo-European cultures and less than a small minority of some other cultures (others will see it as normal daily attire perhaps.)  It is appropriate for it's setting, it is tastefully done, it is not salacious or titillating (yes, chose that word knowingly,) and it has movie precedence.  Another excellent figure for an excellent cause.  Out of my 1,000+ of figures (I quit counting and starting selling) it would be my third figure with any significant nudity and I would be proud to have it in my games (where appropriate) - Yes, I would want to buy two also.

Might I suggest people support the cause now, keep their receipts, and hound...I mean wait patiently, of course... for you create the figure for buying?  My plan to to do that Friday (pay day.)

Again, another great pulp figure (and I don't have any pulp rules anymore but still buy some of your figures for other eras/genres where they fit in with a little imagination,) from your efforts.

Gracias,

Glenn
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 12:25:40 PM by Conquistador »
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Valerik

• Mad Scientist
  • "...promiscuously brandishing a revolver..."
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2014, 05:06:02 AM »
Woo HOO!!!

Every one sold will plant a breadfruit tree. Captain Bligh planted 700 trees and we all know how much effort that required. This should be much easier.

There will be a coconut bra version for those of you with mothers that check under your mattress for your copies of Spicy South Seas Tales.

Bob
Www.pulpfigures.com

Quote from: Bob Murch

"A new Fund-Raising fig will be part of the next release. This version of the Volcano Queen wears the sacred breadfruit leaf and will be available only to those customers who purchase a $10 tree from the  Breadfruit Institute,  to be planted somewhere in the world where food security and de-forestation is an issue.
She is now available so please message me if you want to add her to your order. She comes both as shown or in slightly more modest garb."

Oh YEAH Baby!!!

Let's all get the e-mails flyin' & the breadfruits a-plantin' !!

Valerik

If I had patience I'd be a doctor
BGR

"Fart in the devil's face"
Martin Luther