Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 04:55:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10482
  • Latest: Veroo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694266
  • Total Topics: 118594
  • Online Today: 665
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Marienburg vs. the Undeadish (update: D&D(&D))  (Read 268852 times)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
Re: Marienburg vs. the Undeadish (Hobbits)
« Reply #900 on: September 18, 2017, 01:02:05 AM »

Trial painting on first two minis for the Boar Cleavers unit.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #901 on: September 18, 2017, 04:25:50 AM »
Very nice looking hobbits.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
« Reply #902 on: September 25, 2017, 04:55:12 AM »

Had to head out of town for a most of the week on short notice. Had a miserable time in Texas. Got home and had a busy weekend. But I did rush a few minis through...

In the center is the canine mascot for the Boar Cleavers (first two figures from last week are flanking him/her -- I think I need to come up with a name!)

On the ends are a couple of test figures for an upcoming unit (or two) of human halberdiers.

There will be even more humans to come, for the Jackrabbit Trading Company! Including archers. I've got this notion that the humans stuck with archery, while the hobbits, recognizing the limits of their pull strength and stature, switched to crossbows. (In case you're wondering about the odd reversal of fantasy stereotypes.)

When hobbits settled in the Little Country, there were already humans living there. The newcomers formed their own communities, as well as joining existing communities of the "tall folk." For the most part, the humans of the region found that they had more in common with the "little folk" than they had with their nominal governors bustling Marienburg, nor their neighbors in Bretonnia & the Empire, and the region has benefited.

When Nob Scrobbleton formed his Jackrabbit Trading Company, he recruited across the region. The Company is comprised of almost as many humans as hobbits (and even a handful of dwarfs!)

I believe the figure to the left is from a a Grenadier "Fighting Men" pack (now sold by Mirliton), and the gent on the right is from Front Rank. As previously mentioned, the hobbits are from Westfalia, and the dog has been confirmed as a (former) Mega Mini figure, now sold by Turnkey Miniatures.

Whoops! I just realized I forgot to go back and highlight the human's halberd heads! Guess I will go do that momentarily...

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #903 on: September 30, 2017, 07:18:54 PM »
I like how you mixed humans and hobbits in the same unit.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
« Reply #904 on: October 04, 2017, 01:46:35 AM »
I was just showing them side by side for comparison. Although I mix races in units in my Marienburg army, these will most likely end up in separate units within the same army.

Speaking of which...

Boar Cleavers are finished. At least the ones I have. I'd really like to bulk the unit out to something more like 20-25!

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
« Reply #905 on: October 05, 2017, 10:10:05 AM »
That purple and white colour scheme works really well, nice paint job.
Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
Re: Marienburg vs. the Undeadish (Nightmare Legion)
« Reply #906 on: October 07, 2017, 07:46:26 PM »
Thanks!

I've still had some unfinished Nightmare Legion minis hanging around. I'm leaning towards playing Undead for my first KoW tournament, in Nov., so thought I would (very!) quickly finish painting them. I will have to pull out the ones that were previously paited, but I'm hoping I can field a horde. If not, I would like to pick up a few more. For the moment, though, I will just infill up to 40 strong with other skeletons.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
Re: Marienburg vs. the Undeadish (Nightmare Legion)
« Reply #907 on: October 14, 2017, 06:07:04 AM »

Continuing to work on some odds & ends. Mostly single figures to fill in gaps or finish off batches of figures. Finished the orc skeleton for my non-human skeletons, an old (mid?) school wight, and an old RP mini that will also be going in with the wights.

Also... that's technically my first orc done for Orctober. ;)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
Re: Marienburg vs. the Undeadish (Orctober)
« Reply #908 on: October 15, 2017, 06:03:37 PM »

"Orcs (Three Different Ones)" My tiny Orctober project. Old, Midddle, and New. Green, Sallow, and Skeletal.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
Re: Marienburg vs. the Undeadish (Orctober + Skeletal Odds & Ends)
« Reply #909 on: October 16, 2017, 02:36:19 AM »
I'm clearing out some of the unpainted odds & ends in my undead collection. Individuals & small groups that were left out from previous painting binges.

Pics below, if you want to read the wordy bits, you'll have to go to my blog: http://www.zerotwentythree.com/2017/10/more-skeletal-odds-ends.html

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #910 on: October 16, 2017, 03:37:39 AM »
Really liking these guys a lot. Love the Bane Knights for Warmachine but the missing shoulder pads are growing on me. Wonder how much better they would look w/o the oversized axe heads.
Also loving the other releases in this thread to boot.
But the rust effect, what it your process/recipe?
Keep em coming.

Grimm

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #911 on: October 17, 2017, 10:25:06 AM »
That is some pretty rust! Especially on that swordsguy! Excellent work!

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
« Reply #912 on: October 18, 2017, 04:46:58 AM »
Thanks!

Two big skeletons from the last Reaper Bones KS. I didn't do as well as I would have liked on the minotaur, but I had already decided that I wanted to get the metal version as I was cleaning up the mold lines. So he will be getting replaced at some point. Just a really nice figure. Both are.

For the moment, they will be joining the ogres, so I can run a "counts as" KoW horde of undead trolls.

Indecisive about what to paint next...

Offline ketoeloeh

• Librarian
    • Golden Goblin Gaming Group
« Reply #913 on: October 20, 2017, 07:14:57 PM »
A very cool thread you have here. Great brushwork on an inspired collection of miniatures (love the Fimir!).

I really fell in love with the canine mascotte, but couldn't find him when Googling for mega miniatures. Could you point me in it's direction please?
I'd like to adopt one as well :).

Golden Goblin by day & night, Great Old One after hours!

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
« Reply #914 on: October 22, 2017, 05:55:30 AM »
If I understand correctly, Megaminis sold off most of their molds & casting rights.

I thought the dogs (Megaminis had a pack with several breeds) were at Turnkey Miniatures, but now that I went to look up the link, I only see a couple of the dogs.

http://www.turnkeyminiatures.com/

So... I'm not sure where to find them anymore.