Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:39:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: What the frack! – Problem getting parcels delivered in Canada  (Read 9799 times)

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Re: What the frack! – Problem getting parcels delivered in Canada
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2013, 02:08:22 PM »
<snip>

without getting too political, it seems to me that we've been seeing a race to maximise cuts to all services from all government-related service providers across the country, especially since 2 May 2011.  Ok, that is completely political.

I think economics drives these decisions more but yes, this has to go political shortly...

Sadly.

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de Espaρa,  Las guerras de las Amιricas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2013, 02:10:23 PM »
<snip>

That being said, I've ordered from several small overseas companies and have received my minis in 2-3 weeks delivered in a small non-descript box tucked neatly in my mailbox. I guess it just depends on what company is doing the shipping/receiving/delivering.   Typically, my Pulp Figures arrive in less than a week!  :)

As always, it is the people who make or break a company.  Interpret those words as you may.

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2013, 06:23:34 PM »
How I love those perfect packages that fit the mailbox... Two or three 1/72 resin vehicles fit like a charm in those little boxes and I have come to count on parcels like these to arrive without hassle in my mailbox.

Agreed whole heartedly.  Those small perfect packages tucked neatly into the mailbox awaiting you upon your return are one of my favourite things. Ever.
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb...
- Dark Helmet

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2013, 06:28:24 PM »
I just received my latest delivery from Perry Miniatures - took more than a month to get to me on Vancouver Island.  Two weeks is closer to what I'd experienced before.  When it finally arrived, I noticed it had a stamp from Correos de Costa Rica!  So I'm not certain if I can blame Canada Post this time.

Definitely not typical for Perry - I find their service to be exemplary! Costa Rica! Wow!

In fact, I have a bunch of Perry on their way right now ...  :D
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline Ramshackle_Curtis

• Mastermind
    • http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2013, 08:04:53 PM »
I had a package of models returned to me after getting into Canadian customs. The reason for return? "Illegible return address". Right, so how did it get delivered back to me then? Canadian post people cant read? Hmmm......

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2013, 08:43:42 PM »
I had a package of models returned to me after getting into Canadian customs. The reason for return? "Illegible return address". Right, so how did it get delivered back to me then? Canadian post people cant read? Hmmm......

That's some "A game" work, right there.  lol

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2013, 12:05:13 AM »
Bleeding Kafkaesque.... o_o
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2013, 05:32:03 AM »
Your tax dollars hard at work, indeed. Canada Post is the model of inefficiency and bureaucracy modeled after our own government... :? ::)

Offline Will Bailie

• Mastermind
    • Will's toy soldier blog
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2013, 06:22:09 AM »
Definitely not typical for Perry - I find their service to be exemplary! Costa Rica! Wow!

In fact, I have a bunch of Perry on their way right now ...  :D

I don't blame the Perrys for this one as it was out of their hands once they gave it to the post office.  The slip-up was somewhere between Royal Mail and Canada Post - and I'll give credit to Correos Costa Rica for keeping the package moving!

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2013, 09:16:12 AM »
Your tax dollars hard at work, indeed. Canada Post is the model of inefficiency and bureaucracy modeled after our own government... :? ::)

As a "Federal Bureaucrat" myself I can tell you it is inherent in the nature of all Governments -  Bureaucracy is designed to stop the current "Emperor" from screwing something up so badly the next "Emperor" can't fix it short of a revolution or an invasion. 

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2013, 09:17:13 AM »
<snip>and I'll give credit to Correos Costa Rica for keeping the package moving!

Now this is deserving of a merit bonus!

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2013, 03:13:57 PM »
As a "Federal Bureaucrat" myself I can tell you it is inherent in the nature of all Governments -  Bureaucracy is designed to stop the current "Emperor" from screwing something up so badly the next "Emperor" can't fix it short of a revolution or an invasion. 

A revolution or invasion might be the kind of thing that we need at Canada Post to shake things up a bit. ;)

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2013, 03:32:18 PM »
A revolution or invasion might be the kind of thing that we need at Canada Post to shake things up a bit. ;)

To my associates the other Three Letter agencies - this is not the e-mail you are looking to monitor...  lol   ;)

Hey, it worked in Star Wars with R2D2 and C3PO!  Oh wait, I am not a Jedi...   ::)

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2013, 03:33:21 PM »

An attack of common sense (while unlikely) would be easier... and less costly...   lol

Gracias,

Glenn

Edit: strike "... easier..." - what was I thinking?   ;)

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2013, 03:47:25 PM »
An attack of common sense (while unlikely) would be easier... and less costly...   lol

Agreed.  That's the problem with "common sense", it's just not that common anymore  ;) :D

strike "... easier..." - what was I thinking?   ;)

I think I'll avoid throwing my 2 cents in about strikes -that's a whole new can of worms  ;)