Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:10:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Avanpost 28mm Conquest of Siberia range.  (Read 6251 times)

Offline Armstrong47

• Scientist
Re: Avanpost 28mm Conquest of Siberia range.
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2024, 10:24:30 AM »
Oh no. It's just a hobby. Too much work - too little time  ;)

That's a shame,but I fully understand where you're coming from.
I was thinking for small skirmish gaming the Flint and Feather first contact rules might be the way to go.
They're intended for the Seventeenth century,and don't have any rules for cavalry,but I think they might be the closest fit,or maybe the Irregular Wars rules,which do actually mention the conquest of Siberia.
"We've got 'em now,boys!!"
G A Custer,Sunday afternoon 25th June 1876

Offline Armstrong47

• Scientist
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2024, 10:33:59 AM »
I play more deluge era, but you could try Impetus Baroque, they work well for deluge period.

Cheers
Matt

Hi Matt,
Thank you for the advice.
I've got a copy of Baroque which I was going to use for the British Civil Wars,but I've never got around to trying it.
My main interest in Eastern European Renaissance gaming is the Cossack revolt of 1648.
I have been using By Fire and Sword rules for this, hopefully the new rules and cards from the recent Kickstarter aren't too far away.
My idea with the Siberian Conquest is to play quite small skirmish games, probably with a linked narrative.
It's still all very much at the planning stage at the minute.
I did get an email off eBay yesterday, saying that the Avanpost minis are on their way.

Offline Armstrong47

• Scientist
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2024, 02:24:35 PM »
My order from IL Miniatures arrived yesterday.
I first enquired about the availability of the figures via email on January 10th,so just under 4 months,from initial enquiry to arrival.
I guess considering the current situation in Ukraine,a significant delay is to be expected,and the fact that the figures have made it all the way from the Crimea to the UKis pretty amazing in itself
I will definitely be ordering more when they become available in the IL Miniatures Etsy shop.
The figures themselves are every bit as good as I expected them to be, very clean resin casting and very highly detailed,.
I'm currently awaiting my order from Siberia Miniatures to arrive to see how the figures match up.
I'm guessing they won't be usable together in units, however,as this is going to be a skirmish project with all the figures based individually I can't see this being a problem.
Anyway,to sum it all up,the figures took a while to arrive, but they are definitely worth the wait,and I will be definitely ordering more.