Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 12:48:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1692609
  • Total Topics: 118475
  • Online Today: 620
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Constable Bertrand's Fantasy Thread - P3 Bretonnian Questing Knights Part 2  (Read 5481 times)

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
Re: Constable Bertrand's Fantasy Thread - P2 Bretonnian Questing Knights Part1
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2024, 11:41:21 AM »
Cracking work, tempts me to go back to painting mine now.
Yvan eht nioj!

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2024, 11:43:45 AM »
Cracking work, tempts me to go back to painting mine now.

Thanks Voltan, I'm not a fan of the new theory of painting knights with an army theme, so sticking to the individual heraldry, but gosh they are a time sink. Keep going, they look good when all mustered together and painted.

Great work on the knights.  :-*

Thanks Malamute! :)

Those knights look great. Makes me want to buy and paint some even though I've no idea what I'd do with them afterwards.

Fun to have a few, try to rescue some from ebay if you can, or try some alternative proxies. Here I am still chipping away on my OG 25 year old army.  o_o

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2024, 06:25:38 PM »
Thanks Voltan, I'm not a fan of the new theory of painting knights with an army theme, so sticking to the individual heraldry, but gosh they are a time sink. Keep going, they look good when all mustered together and painted.

Yeah, I understand why they did it but the individual heraldry just creates a better looking army, even if you have to check all your other knights each time you start to paint another. :P

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2024, 08:11:45 PM »
Yes it looks so much better with a flurry of primary colours. I have tried to stick to proper heraldic colours, so there is no pink or purple in mine, and only the one shade of green and blue to keep things a bit more unified.

My theory was that errant knights have a colour or 2 but no graphic, this is obtained by their deed to become KotR, then questing and grail knights are quartered with the flur de liese or grail. It all gets a bit complicated at that point and quite frankly does my head in.  lol

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
I attended the recent fantastic MOAB in April and managed to pick up one of the glorious GW wraith. These fine plastic ghosts from GW are such a technical revolution compared to the old 80s metal casts, I bet the sculptors back then would have had their minds blown seeing what is possible to market and produce these days.

A little repaint of the wraith and some lovely growies bring her to life.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
That's very cool mate  8)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
That is very creepy.

Nice work.

Offline Basementboy

• Mad Scientist
  • Happy little chappy from the mythical ingerland
Bloody hell- that looks great. I doff my hat to thee ;)

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Re: Constable Bertrand's Fantasy Thread - P3 Beast Lords and Shaman
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2024, 08:02:49 AM »
Thanks James :)

That is very creepy.

Thanks Vanilla, spooky creepy was the goal so that is perfect :)

Bloody hell- that looks great. I doff my hat to thee ;)

Oh thank you Mr Basement that is very kind!

With the retiring of the beastman AoS line now was a good time to pick up some of the old models second hand, and I managed to find 2 lords and a shaman. They needed some very minor conversions to cover broken pieces and a bit of a repaint to improve things up to my standard.

One of the main issues was trying to get some contrast and tone to keep everything away from Beasty Brown. I chose to keep going with red for the fabric and pushed the shaman cloak towards yellow with some golden yellow glazes ontop of a light brown. I think the yellow tinge turned out much better than a boring bone white.

The new old beastlord is such a dynamic model and the surfaces are a bit simpler and easier to paint than the old style one in fine cast. The beasties envied the local bretonnians and scavenged some heraldic style tabards to use in their dark perversion of humanity to the chaos lords.

The Finecast one below had snapped or broken hands so needed forearm transplants with matching axes from the Gor box, and some GS to blend in the mail/hands.

Thanks for looking
Matt
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 08:10:40 AM by Constable Bertrand »

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2024, 09:07:39 PM »
Nice beastmen, I like the contrast between the beasts and the flowery base!

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2024, 10:37:27 PM »
Thanks Freddy, I do put growies on everything I find it helps to tie the minis together into one world.

Even brutish cow men like to pick flowers for their cow wives back home after a nice battle.  ;D

Offline Basementboy

• Mad Scientist
  • Happy little chappy from the mythical ingerland
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2024, 11:19:36 PM »
The idea of this beastlord shyly handing his wife a bunch of lavenders is rather sweet actually lol
(Love the model, great work)

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
The idea of this beastlord shyly handing his wife a bunch of lavenders is rather sweet actually lol
(Love the model, great work)
;D lol

Next up we have a few more GW Questing Knights joining the ranks of Constable Bertrand's muster, protector of Gisoreux.
(Apologies for the poor phone pictures)

Pierre Aiguillon (Below Left)
Pierre's decision to quest for the Grail started in his home town Aiguillon, where he was woken by a vision of the Lady asking him to wake and rally the town. He heeded the call immediately and had some difficulty rousing the town watch and knights, that was until a large green explosion rocked the town walls, which solidified Pierre's call to action. The sound of battle, cries, and gnawing teeth lasted for days and weeks, no one knew where the skaven had came from or what they were looking for. What the town of Aiguillon did know was it was in a battle for survival and some how Pierre had the Lady's blessing to always be in the right place at the right time. Narrowly Pierre and the town survived and the Skaven withdrew to the holes they came from, the town was exhausted and destroyed, and many wanted Pierre to be lord over them. Pierre decided to follow the quest for the Grail instead, and led by his hunches has had many other strange coincidences occur. Pierre feels he is close to finding it, and hopes one or two more acts of selfless bravery will see him through, and so one more he rides with other knights for Bretonnia.

John le Tour-Blanche (Below Right)
John grew up defending his fiefdom in a long line of Tour-Blanches. They rule from a majestically tall white citadel that glistens in the setting sun. They have managed to hold it from attack after attack from orcs, goblins, beastmen and unsavory Empire rabble. Staying firm and still never seemed to speak to John though, he was a restless youth and the black sheep in the family, so he set off to prove to himself and his father that he is a knight of the highest order. He hopes to find the Grail and return as a mighty warrior to continue the safety of his people back home, and to one up his siblings. Though now he lives in the saddle on his quest, he longs for the comfort of a warm bed and roaring fireplace so is only too keen to park his steed and lend his sword to defend other realms in times of need.

Guillaum Shakespear (Below Left)
Guillaum is a gentle soul, who's quest for the grail is in seeking to uphold the weak, and lift the spirits of all through music and spoken word. Guillaum has challenged many foes to Epic Rap Battles yet few have agreed to proceed in such a high brow duel, and often Guillaum is in need of his sword to defend his life and Bretonnian honour. He hopes to find a worthy opponent with which to slay in an Epic Slam Poetry battle. Though some whisper that perhaps there would be less bloodshed if Guillaum was a little less esoteric and would keep his mouth shut.

Suliman Le Saracen (Below Right)
Suliman encountered Odo in Araby on a Bretonnian crusade and a firm friendship was formed fighting against the undead. Suliman was introduced to Bretonnian chivalry and agreed to join Odo on his quest for the Grail. Together they have travelled many lands seeking honour and mighty deeds. They have currently returned to Bretonnia and are seeking to defend her boarders under the current Constable of Gisoreux, Bertrand.

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
Great work, those patterns must have pushed you to the edge. ;)

Is that the dogs of war figure for the last one?

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Thanks Voltan, halved and quartered is a bit of an annoyance that's for sure.

No it was like 5th or 6th edition Bretonnian knight. They had a few different figures, im still om the hunt for a cheap Joan of arc.