Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:19:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: What rules are you using?  (Read 2655 times)

workerBee

Re: What rules are you using?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 04:32:33 PM »
At the "large size" of 25 mm figures for platoon or less actions I am limiting my games to my Reviresco "Not-SST/Not Star Wars" and Power Armor from the 1970's/early 1980's figures versus a slew of different style and scale bugs.  I am writing my own rules for them but using Starguard, Stargrunt II, and "other" rules for inspiration.

From reinforced Company to Battalion (minus) - and using 6 mm or 3 mm - I am still using Dirtside II.  Looking very seriously at Tomorrow's War as a replacement though.

Running away from using 10/15 mm figures currently.

Gracias,

Glenn

Edit:  No Battletech or GW rules for me.

Offline WayneN

• Student
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 06:33:00 PM »
Been using a modified set of Akulas rules for my aliens stuff, a few additions and it has got me the exact game style I want , using an event/encounter deck, the rules can easily be changed to fit any style of game I want.

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2013, 12:39:02 AM »
My current choice of rules is Savage Worlds, even for miniatures stuff. I tend to run my miniatures games like a RPG anyway, with me running the "bad guys" and the players running the heroes. I also steal rules from other games liberally. I've taken the Encounter Markers gimmick from .45 Adventures, the Hot Spot gimmick from Ambush Alley, and any other goodies I find along the way. Since I'm controlling one side of the game I can tweak on the fly if it looks too one sided. I know it's not true wargaming, but I like it.

Offline Warren Abox

• Scientist
    • War In A Box - New Location!
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2013, 01:40:51 AM »
Currently (and slowly) working my way through the scenarios in Tomorrow's War main rulebook.  It's so great for asymmetric engagements, but so hard to make your own scenarios for.

Offline Warren Abox

• Scientist
    • War In A Box - New Location!
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2013, 01:44:32 AM »
A free ruleset called Assault squad for pretty much Everything else Sci-fi wargaming I fancy at the moment.

Any idea where I can get a copy of these rules?  Freewargamerules.com points to a dead link, and that title is so close to GW IP that any mirror links are buried in Space Marine results.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2013, 02:36:07 PM »
Currently (and slowly) working my way through the scenarios in Tomorrow's War main rulebook.  It's so great for asymmetric engagements, but so hard to make your own scenarios for.

Yeah the asymmetry is a natural part of historical based scenarios.

Tomorrow's War borrows a lot from History.

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Machinegunkelly

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2013, 09:49:23 AM »
Any idea where I can get a copy of these rules?  Freewargamerules.com points to a dead link, and that title is so close to GW IP that any mirror links are buried in Space Marine results.

I am sorry but no. I am on the look out for them to, as the comp I had them on where fried. Now I use the print out I once made.  :(
But if I find them I´ll try to remember to get you a copy.

Although if you find my x-com/ufo thread I have posted in this section, I have included  a set of campaing rules that contains a Quick runthrough how the Assault squad rules work. You should be able to reengineer them from those if you Think its Worth the time.