Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:18:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1692624
  • Total Topics: 118476
  • Online Today: 660
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Mongoose's Judge Dredd Block War  (Read 39955 times)

Offline MongooseMatt

• Bookworm
Re: Mongoose's Judge Dredd Block War KickStarter
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2012, 09:50:38 AM »
Why are you not selling the plastic minis that came with the boxed set of the original version?

None left, and I never really liked them!

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2012, 10:11:37 AM »
The arms weren't bad. I still have one or two separate arm-and-kit sprues (I think it had one or two heads as well) stashed away for future use...

Offline steders

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2012, 11:07:49 AM »
From Kickstarter
If we pass $16,000, we will add the Sov Invasion Force, consisting of six Sov Judges and Officers (with a variety of weaponry) and a Sentenoid, a large robot designed to enter an enemy city and create mayhem before the main Sov army arrives. Perfect for tackling the decadent Mega-City One judges!

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2012, 11:18:39 AM »
Scurv, I might be wrong (so Matt, feel free to correct me!), but I get the impression that the "classic" models are first priority (and many are out already), then the more "specific" models (like Sov invasion force), then finally most "generic" models like Cit Def, Civvies, etc.

I suspect that some of the characters will become available too as the relevant section of models they would accompany is unlocked.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2012, 11:23:40 AM »
My impression is that it's a bit of a "vote for the next Stretch Goal" type of thing. If true then it's going to driven by what the most vocal locals over @ Mongoose forum are going to want.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2012, 02:10:00 PM »
Matt, sorry if I missed this, but what will those APCs be made of?  resin? hard plastic? metal? 

Thanks!
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2012, 02:47:54 PM »

Matt, sorry if I missed this, but what will those APCs be made of?  resin? hard plastic? metal?  

Thanks!

The kickstarter mentions that the wagons are resin.  Its listed in the description of the Tek-Judge pledge :)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 02:54:12 PM by cheetor »

Offline MongooseMatt

• Bookworm
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2012, 03:22:36 PM »
I think others have already answered all the questions!

However, I will say we are a bit nervous about doing 'normal' citizens, as they do not really have a place in the game (yet), and there are an awful lot of 'general sci-fi' models out there that could serve.

That said, I am seriously thinking that we should do some 'weapon packs' so you can chop and change existing models.

All ideas going into the mix, and if something does not make it into the Kickstarter, doesn't mean it cannot come out later!

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2012, 03:48:33 PM »
[...]there are an awful lot of 'general sci-fi' models out there that could serve.

I suspected that this might be your thinking... And I don't really fault you for it either.
That said, you'd be surprised how *few* decent "civilians" there are out there if you actually look for them - those that there are are often a bit pricey too.  :?

That said, I am seriously thinking that we should do some 'weapon packs' so you can chop and change existing models.

I've been thinking this for ages!

I would suggest a sprue each of Lawgiver MK1 and Mk2 guns, with hands sculpted onto them. It'd allow easy weapon swaps, and also players to homogenise weapons across their various generations of Judges if they want to. Maybe each sprue could have 3 male right hands, 1 male left hand, 1 female right hand, and 1 female left hand. It would also make things easier for all your future sculpts if you can send the sculptor a sprue to use.

Other weapon sprues likewise, although a sprue with weapons of one type is always more useful that a sprue with a little of each. I think that given the heroic scale of JDMG models, weapons like Stumpguns and Spitguns will be very popular with players of that other game too.

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2012, 01:30:50 AM »
That said, you'd be surprised how *few* decent "civilians" there are out there if you actually look for them - those that there are are often a bit pricey too.  :?

In fact I would characterized the situation as ... very few.

Offline Huascar

• Librarian
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2012, 07:41:24 AM »
Despite costing $300 the Chief Judge deal is looking very good now - especially given it is also post free to Aus. I will definitely getting on board.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2012, 09:08:57 AM »
http://www.trollandtoad.com/p164200.html 12 future dwelling cits from mega city 1 for $1.59.

The full boxed game of GOMC1 is less than $2 from memory.

:D I bet that made you happy. Lets face it you can do a really massive block war at those prices.

For an old f&^%er who hates tech I do manage to pull off a win on google every now and then. Dont forget these minis are an extinct species so only buy what you will use so everyone can get some.

shipping a bit if an issue to the UK. ($39 ) But four boxes including shipping for the equivalent of £29 none too shabby. in hindsight I should have sent them to a US mate and got them to repackaged and post cheaper. oh well. ;)
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2012, 12:15:34 PM »
4 boxes of figs and the game was $55 with postage to here. That is bloody good value for here.

Scurv, just in the interests of expectation management, I thought that I would point out that those plastic GoMC1 figures are pretty awful.  At a guess I would say that that was in part the reason why Mongoose dont still have them on release.  I have seen people do things with the plastics to make them look semi presentable, but any time that I have sat down planning to do the same with mine I have come away disappointed.

Some of the accessories (pads and the like) might be handy for adding that Big Meg feel to other miniatures at least.

I do hope that you prove me wrong in this regard as I would love to see a rioting horde of MC1 cits from you at some point :)

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2012, 08:14:50 AM »
I received my Mongoose order of Judges (pretty much one of each) and the Angel gang this weekend... And I'm fairly disappointed to say the least.

The models were of inconsistent scale, quality and style, and there were a significant number of miscasts.

The Angel gang were surprisingly good though, in both sculpt and quality - casting was fine. Junior has an odd pose and benefits from some gentle bending of his arms, and Mean improves if you bend his legs a little to make him more upright.

I'm due to post some pics up tonight for the Effigy KS thread, and if I get time, I'll get same of the JDMG figures and post them here; I think it's important for you all to see the sort of quality you should be expecting from Mongoose, because I was honestly shocked that their QA let so much through.

Say what you like about Foundry, their prices are the effectively the same as Mongoose's and every model I got from them was perfect. Crisp and perfect, just as if the models and masters were brand new.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2012, 08:21:52 AM »
It should be noted that the Angels are, AFAIK at least, relatively new models compared to a lot of what's on offer at their shop. So there may be some truth to the claim that the quality has improved since the new kick off the Dredd line.