Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:26:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Still not sure which rules to use, but started collecting the models anyway  (Read 3769 times)

Offline Andy0476

• Scientist
    • Creepy Corridor
Ever since I first played a "pulp style" skirmish game the urge for including some sort of superhero or villain was present. With the character creation options given in the Where Heroes Dare! rules I could use something that resembled a super in a very minimal sort of way in my games, but I wasn't satisfied!

It now appears that I'm not the only one who feels that way ... they even make rules especially for using superpowers on the tabletop! Or to put it in other words: I finally managed to pull myself away from Pulp/40K/FWC/boardgames/... to actually start reading this part of the forum and start looking for a set of rules that I like  lol

Although I still haven't got a clue which rules I'll be using I could not resist rebasing a couple of prepainted models from my bitsbox. That seemed a nice cost effective way to collect a starting group of supers to game with.

Besides the Hulk I do not know any of these supers, but since I'm hoping to find a ruleset that allows me to create my own heroes or villains that should not pose a problem.

2011 promises to be a "super" year!  :D 
25-28mm Pulp / 40K / Babylon 5 : ACTA / Full Thrust / Boardgames / 28mm WWII / Mordheim

Offline revford

• Mastermind
The second one looks like Spiderman's foe Mysterio.  I can't help with the others.
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
Under Mysterio is Mandarin.

Offline wellender

• Mad Scientist
And the last one is actually a Horrorclix from Nightmares I think.

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
I can confirm all identifications are spot on!

I'd go with supersystem from fourcolor figures as the rules set of choice!

regards

jim
Cult of the black goat cultist No.10

Offline Andy0476

• Scientist
    • Creepy Corridor
Thanks for the identifications guys! I included the correct names on my blog  ;)
I'm leaning towards Supersystem because of the freedom it promises. Looks like there is a third edition, but most of the info I can find is still second edition.

Offline wellender

• Mad Scientist
The Scott Pyle, creator of Super System, is a poster here.  You can find builders for two and three as well as other useful tools here http://dave.dynip.com/S2Annex/.  There is also a pretty good Yahoo group that has useful files and questions get answered by the creators.

Offline Andy0476

• Scientist
    • Creepy Corridor
The Scott Pyle, creator of Super System, is a poster here.  You can find builders for two and three as well as other useful tools here http://dave.dynip.com/S2Annex/.  There is also a pretty good Yahoo group that has useful files and questions get answered by the creators.

Thanks for the link!