Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:55:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686650
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Litvyak: the first shots from the future film  (Read 1673 times)

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
Litvyak: the first shots from the future film
« on: May 11, 2021, 04:26:47 AM »

The film is dedicated to a Soviet woman – pilot, ace who shot down 12 Nazi planes, Hero of the Soviet Union, Lydia Litvyak. She died in aerial combat in the summer of 1943, when she was 21 years old.
The film is being shot using folk funds raised with the help of a crowdfunding company (as well as the film "28 Panfilov's men", previously created by this company).

The first teaser created at the start of the crowdfunding company:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwAnJ5Hl35Y

Stills from the filming of the film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcknnZ6rwHo&t=133s

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Re: Litvyak: the first shots from the future film
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 07:47:19 PM »
Very cool!

That linked to this, which I also found very interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNj8xlkQhfo

Youtube's auto-translated subtitles are very bad though, much worse than Google  lol lol lol

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 01:25:15 AM »
I did not like this series. Fantasies on a given theme. It has little to do with reality. The authors have a very distant idea of the realities of that period.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 01:29:19 AM »
Yeah I watched about 6-7 episodes of that "Attackers" series (or whatever it's called) on YouTube (there is a properly subtitled version or dubbed, can't recall).  Pretty mediocre, more of a soap opera style - much in the way some of the older British shows used to be.

Having said that, I can set aside some strong propaganda themes present in modern Russian films - as they're producing some very entertaining popcorn films.  Stuff like T-34, and Stalingrad are fun enough to watch.  The Kalashnikov movie looks pretty shit, but there are some other ones which are okay.  Panfilov's 28 was completely decent.  Oh, Tankers is on YouTube with English subtitles and it's also fun - just...take all of these with a healthy dose of salt. 
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 08:07:59 PM »
I did not like this series. Fantasies on a given theme. It has little to do with reality. The authors have a very distant idea of the realities of that period.
Yes, it was much more fantasy, that was clear in spite of the bad subtitles - I only watched the first episode? Elbows is right when he said it was like a "Soap Opera" - I have no idea what the Russian term is for that type of storytelling though.

But I'm not as familiar with Russian series and films so they are all at least a little bit interesting, even the bad ones. ;)  Hopefully Litvyak will be much better!

Elbows: I find most war movies and shows have that problem, not just Russian ones. Same as with many of the British or American war movies, especially from the 60's. For example (speaking of tank movies), Fury is also very silly and unrealistic, in a way that makes it unwatchable to me. Some directors try to get small details of procedure or equipment right and tell themselves they are being "accurate" when the main story is a load of nonsense.

But as you say, take a grain of salt. The Dirty Dozen for example is completely over-the-top ridiculous fantasy even more so than most war films, but also lots of fun.  :D

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 02:21:51 AM »
In my opinion, you need to be more lenient with the creators of feature films. Still, it is, first of all, an entertainment product. It needs to be sold to the maximum number of people who often have no idea at all about the reality of the events that take place on the screen.
But, if you have undertaken to do a show, then at least it should be done well.

Another thing is a film that is dedicated to specific historical characters or events. Here I would like to get as close to reality as possible.

There is something about this that resonates a lot with our hobby.

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 02:35:57 AM »
By the way, have you seen the first film of this studio - "Panfilov's 28"? I like it.

Subtitles don't seem to be bad  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I37qKN_Bugk

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 07:41:07 PM »
By the way, have you seen the first film of this studio - "Panfilov's 28"? I like it.

Subtitles don't seem to be bad  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I37qKN_Bugk

Yes, I am watching it today. There is also an English dubbed version as well. I prefer subtitles, but I clicked on the dubbed version first, so that's what I ended up watching.  lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLjDcZojLLo

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2021, 07:48:03 PM »
I ended up watching half of the subtitled version as well anyway. The translation was very good - and consistent - across both versions! And the English voice acting was also well done, matching the tone of the same spoken lines in the original Russian.

Very good film with great actors of course, as several people have already said.

What I noticed in particular was that the film is also very well-assembled. The editing and direction are very seamless and tight - there's no wasted screen time - and the cinematography is very efficient at telling the story without adding cumbersome unnecessary dialogue ("exposition" is the English word for all that lazy blablabla). That's an important and difficult skill for film directors to master. So, much respect to Druzhinin and Shalopa for their artistry and hard work! I hope they will show similar talent with Litvyak!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 07:49:51 PM by FramFramson »