Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 04:00:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691760
  • Total Topics: 118418
  • Online Today: 715
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New 6mm Starship Troopers Game  (Read 2847 times)

Offline manchesterreg

• Librarian
New 6mm Starship Troopers Game
« on: April 02, 2024, 09:33:14 AM »
Hi, I saw this on Youtube this weekend, he is going to be showing this off at Salute. their are a variety of 3d printers selling the models, I
had to join his Patreon to get the rulebook, but it looks very interesting. The game is by Crow Industries.

Online Maniac

• Scientist
Re: New 6mm Starship Troopers Game
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2024, 01:18:42 PM »
Well, hope they do alright. 

However, as a fan of the book, anything where the MI are sans power armor is not my cup of tea.
On time, on target, or the next one's free

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 01:36:08 PM »
Well, hope they do alright. 

However, as a fan of the book, anything where the MI are sans power armor is not my cup of tea.

As the game has non-, plus two levels of power armour, you may restrict as you will.

I'm excited for the only movie-esque 6mm bugs of which I am aware. If it makes it to the point where my store can find a distributor, I am in!

Doug

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2024, 11:10:01 PM »
their are a variety of 3d printers selling the models,
Might need these for Grimdark Future, got a list of those printers?

Grimm

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2024, 12:59:36 AM »
Check em out on Facebook to see a nice line of figs created, including like 5 different types of armored troops and robots.

Grimm

Offline manchesterreg

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2024, 08:11:38 AM »
Might need these for Grimdark Future, got a list of those printers?

Grimm

https://www.rokminis.com/product-page/voidship-troops and on Etsy or Ebay type in Voidship Troopers. Sellers in UK, Germany and America.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2024, 10:47:38 AM »
Check em out on Facebook to see a nice line of figs created, including like 5 different types of armored troops and robots.

Grimm

Link here
for those interested, 53 pictures, loads of stuff.

Rules wise they claim it includes options for "all" the versions of the mobile infantry, both the movie footsloggers as well as power armor and mecha so that should keep everyone interested.

I have to say keeping it solo and co-op is an interesting choice. From a gameplay perspective, I like it, we could do with a solo game like that in this genre. (I really enjoy nordic weasels weaseltech solo campaign system) from a thematic and narrative perspective, I'm not so sure. Wasnt the fact that the bugs are actually intelligent and thinking part of the point of the story? Making it a AI driven "swarm" goes against that for me.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 11:01:29 AM by YPU »
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2024, 10:55:39 AM »
Link =AZWJO8DCMHdYYgkdVYHbzbgvoGKfNgl7Hl81ZglkH1AW5llJvqoMbABLCATEHhAGeYAwz5OMUjaREjSLdt-9QWTIIwVijzm1UdEI_guW6yjXcJZIh8HeVkimYsH2VwUlVvRBhYNUhXNveOXqvff-pALZjyujoUROowGHiAhbizJb52VaXGmMHbVpsZscRJqMGLU&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R"]here for those interested, 53 pictures, loads of stuff.

Rules wise they claim it includes options for "all" the versions of the mobile infantry, both the movie footsloggers as well as power armor and mecha so that should keep everyone interested.

I have to say keeping it solo and co-op is an interesting choice. From a gameplay perspective, I like it, we could do with a solo game like that in this genre. (I really enjoy nordic weasels weaseltech solo campaign system) from a thematic and narrative perspective, I'm not so sure. Wasnt the fact that the bugs are actually intelligent and thinking part of the point of the story? Making it a AI driven "swarm" goes against that for me.

Link doesn't work mate :)
Here's a new one:
https://www.facebook.com/crowindustries11/posts/pfbid0FsSMNDmNBo87HyjMAvCYFatSEMYeAhhFPEDXtF9GcX6u6WmPpk7YY798Fjp2GwsNl
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2024, 11:01:58 AM »
Seems like I'm getting rusty on the PHP forum code, what a sad day.

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2024, 03:14:07 PM »
Shame on you!  ;D

I like the look of these, but the bugs, dropships and some other elements are very closely resembling the movie models. Here's to hoping he does not get shut down...
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Frostie

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2024, 11:30:25 AM »
Very nice, hope it goes well.

Love the minis

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2024, 07:43:13 PM »
Hi, I saw this on Youtube this weekend, he is going to be showing this off at Salute. their are a variety of 3d printers selling the models, I
had to join his Patreon to get the rulebook, but it looks very interesting. The game is by Crow Industries.

From a watch of that, I'm very interested. Best heads up I've had all year -THANKS!  8) 8) 8)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2024, 02:08:30 PM »
I'm not huge on the rules only being on patreon, its a extra hurdle and all that though I understand that driving traffic to your patreon is a smart business move which I can "forgive" a one man indie operation.

I figured the following question and answer on facebook were relevant, might make some of you feel more inclined to the get the rules?

EDIT-editted: Phill beat me to the punch, you need the 12 euro patreon level to get the rules. That does also give you all the files on the patreon as well. (note those movie style infantry and bugs were from Wakes emporium, not the crow industry)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 02:27:05 PM by YPU »