Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 09:17:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10482
  • Latest: Veroo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694235
  • Total Topics: 118592
  • Online Today: 694
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Aztec Eagle Knight Captain  (Read 6732 times)

Offline Axebreaker

• Mastermind
Aztec Eagle Knight Captain
« on: April 28, 2010, 09:19:22 PM »
This is a Foundry Eagle Knight that I converted into a Captain/Leader by adding a back banner and some feathers to the shield for a competition.(Fingers crossed) :)
I have plans to extend this into an army that will take some time to do,but will be fun with all the colors involved and trying out less often used paints.

Cheers
Christopher
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 09:50:42 PM by Axebreaker »

Offline ushistoryprof

• Mad Scientist
    • World Historyprof-History Real & Imagined through Miniatures
Re: Aztec Eagle Knight Captain
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 09:26:09 PM »
Oh my, that is a fantastic job!

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 09:52:56 PM »
Very nice, it's going to be tough to beat  ;)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 10:02:22 PM »
Great work - good luck.
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 10:09:44 PM »
Lovely brushwork Chris, well done.

Hey Chris, I'm considering the Steve Barber 42 mm Aztec miniatures as a challenge to painting the colours required to make them look sweet!

The challenge will be in the brushwork for the entire army, good luck.

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Axebreaker

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 10:20:41 PM »
Ty everyone! :D

@James

I'm curious to see what you cooked up for the competition. :)My guess something with a katana. ;)

@Helen

42mm is a bit to big for my tastes(at the moment anyways! lol).I'm hooked on the Wargames Foundry Aztecs which I personally think are the best out there at 25/28mm which is the size I prefer and is in conjunction with my favorite system WAB.
I wish you look in your road down the color highway and please post your results if you try it out. :)

Cheers
Christopher

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 10:25:35 PM »

@James

I'm curious to see what you cooked up for the competition. :)My guess something with a katana. ;)

Cheers
Christopher

Aha, got you there  :D  Although I'll have post tomorrow as I'm going to bed now

cheers

James

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 10:37:42 AM »
Beautiful work Christopher :-* I have no end of problems with the back banners as they weigh so much they become very vulnerable to damage so be careful handling them as it is the first thing someone will touch when picking the figure up ;D

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 10:40:56 AM »
Lovely brushwork Chris, well done.

Hey Chris, I'm considering the Steve Barber 42 mm Aztec miniatures as a challenge to painting the colours required to make them look sweet!

The challenge will be in the brushwork for the entire army, good luck.

Helen

They are looking lovely at the moment and Steve is very much immersed in the sculpting and painting, so far he has 17 in the range and most are supplied with separate heads, weapons choisces and back banners so you would get quite a nice mix out of those already done and due for release.

Having been interested a few years ago it is nice to chat with Steve on the figures etc as the range develops, I know we have discussed some Conquistadors and other tirbes which should make it a lovely range, I think 42mm is his forte too

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 10:52:14 AM »
They are looking lovely at the moment and Steve is very much immersed in the sculpting and painting, so far he has 17 in the range and most are supplied with separate heads, weapons choisces and back banners so you would get quite a nice mix out of those already done and due for release.

Having been interested a few years ago it is nice to chat with Steve on the figures etc as the range develops, I know we have discussed some Conquistadors and other tirbes which should make it a lovely range, I think 42mm is his forte too

Thanks Karl, with Chris's beautiful brushwork on the Eagle Knight I'm looking forward in applying some paint to Steve's beautiful miniatures.

I'd like to think if you were going to do the period any justice then this maybe the way to go with painting this scale, albeit, at a much reduce number of miniatures, but enough to make a statement.

I look forward in seeing the range expand in the future.

Thanks again,

Helen

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 11:28:58 AM »
That’s gorgeous.   :)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 11:44:57 AM »
Thanks Karl, with Chris's beautiful brushwork on the Eagle Knight I'm looking forward in applying some paint to Steve's beautiful miniatures.

I'd like to think if you were going to do the period any justice then this maybe the way to go with painting this scale, albeit, at a much reduce number of miniatures, but enough to make a statement.

Thanks again,

Helen

I will see if I can get more photos etc of his work to date as I game with himj regulalrly

Offline Axebreaker

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 02:51:52 PM »

Thanks again,

Helen

They are indeed lovely sculpts,but 42mm is in my opinion no longer wargame miniature painting and more in the area of modeling and such which I consider a different area.I'm a miniature wargames player/painter and as of yet I haven't moved into the modeling area just yet.Someday I might as Steve sculpts really are nice,but I think it will take me long enough to just get the miniatures I want to wargame with done! lol

Cheers
Christopher

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 03:14:45 PM »
Beautiful work! :-*

Is that the new Foundry Native American flesh triad you've used for the skin...?
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 03:23:29 PM »
They are indeed lovely sculpts,but 42mm is in my opinion no longer wargame miniature painting and more in the area of modeling and such which I consider a different area.I'm a miniature wargames player/painter and as of yet I haven't moved into the modeling area just yet.Someday I might as Steve sculpts really are nice,but I think it will take me long enough to just get the miniatures I want to wargame with done! lol

Cheers
Christopher

Must say I wouldnt fancy doing a WAB army with them but you could have a nice bash with a skirmish game