Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:08:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Here's the Ruckus  (Read 6327 times)

Online Dean

• Scientist
  • Painting for gaming
Re: Here's the Ruckus
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2024, 12:42:03 PM »
Congrats mate, savour it, and ignore the inevitable haters  lol
I thought I could see the light at the end of the tunnel … but it was just some sod with a torch bringing me more work!

Offline Dice Roller

• Bookworm
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2024, 12:28:28 PM »
Picked up a copy today.
Looks eminently adaptable, reckon you could even do a fantasy version.

Offline Wilgut Spleens

• Scientist
    • The Miniature World of Wilgut Spleens
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2024, 07:02:13 PM »
thank you, that is one of the plans with low level hedge magic. It has been used to do a LotR scenario, using peasanst as goblins and BWS played a zombie invasion game using it
I have a bad case of prescient nostalgia. The future's not what it used to be.

https://wilgut.blogspot.com/

Offline Thoronde

• Assistant
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2024, 01:37:08 PM »
If only I could find a copy in the Netherlands

Offline Muddlingthrough

• Assistant
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2024, 03:31:40 PM »
If only I could find a copy in the Netherlands

Also basically impossible to find physically here in Canada. I'm not even sure I can get a physical subscription here without it being prohibitively expensive, so I went ahead and got a digital subscription, which gets you a PDF copy of the game. I prefer physical copies of rules, but this one is short and easy to print. As a bonus, I get access to every single back-issue of Wargames Illustrated.

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2024, 02:30:16 AM »
I have 3 copies of the mag & rules, winging their way to West Oz, hopefully here this week. Also 3D printing buildings more approprite to the period even if their origin is Fantasy (Dark Realms Forge Briarwood). We may even have a 4th player keen in our little group at the club.
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline Sleepy Snoozy Skeletons

• Bookworm
  • Where's my coffee?
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2024, 08:16:14 PM »
Maybe it's just me being blind as a mole, but I can't find the traits. Is it still a work in progress and not yet on the site?
My WIP Thread

Instruments of destruction
Tools of foul play
It's a vile interruption
Existence drifts away

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2024, 09:54:04 AM »
I've just been looking for the same thing. There's a skills download, but I couldn't see the traits.

Offline Wilgut Spleens

• Scientist
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2024, 06:08:50 PM »
The problem with condensing a fully written game of over 60 pages into 32 pages is that some things have to be left out. I do think the Traits were accidentally left out tho, one too many cuts in the editing room.
I have been reassured that they will appear on the website “soon”
In truth, 60 pages of close written text actually translates into about 140 pages as rule book after you add pictures, explanations, and examples.
Another thing that is missing is the number of Skills each Hero may have, so here it is
Character Generation in the One-Off game
In a One-Off game, Heroes may take one skill per level of Prowess-these are randomly allocated before the game. Captains, may choose to take skills from any of the groups, one of which must be a Leadership skill and may only choose to take one archery skill.
A Captain of Archers may choose to take only Shooting skills. They must take at least one Archery skill.
A Captain of Mercenaries may choose to take only Shooting skills but does not have to take any.
Skills are chosen randomly using a deck of cards or at the players mutual agreement may be allocated to characters to build a specific character.
Individual Skills for characters should be drawn and the profile sheet for each filled out before the game. To randomly chooses skills use a deck of cards! Take one card for each point of prowess ie 3 for a Captain, 2 for a Squire.
Skills in Ruckus are unique to each character. Players pick the cards for their Captain first then lay these cards to one side before picking the cards for each of the Squires being sure to lay the “picked “cards to one side to ensure that skills are not replicated in the Retinue.
Players may reject a total of three cards. Draw all the cards for Captain and the two squires then reject the unwanted ones and replace them by drawing new cards as above
Players can of course design character profiles to fit what is known of historical characters, fictional heroes, or home-grown Heroes!
I hope this helps…

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2024, 06:16:17 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Does the peasants Three's a Crowd trait provide 3 reduced ability figures instead of 1 retainer figure?

Offline Wilgut Spleens

• Scientist
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2024, 09:41:55 PM »
short answer...no!
All will be revealed... soon

Offline Sleepy Snoozy Skeletons

• Bookworm
  • Where's my coffee?
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2024, 05:54:47 PM »