Forum > Other Adventures

Harry Potter miniatures game

(1/3) > >>

Anpu:
Started on the miniatures from the game box.

Kit Walker:
Did you have any problems with breakage? I had to replace almost all the wands on any figure that had a hand extended holding the wand. Also the Hermione figure broke several times while cleaning before priming and painting. The Bellatrix figure was also difficult to prep. Overall the sculpting is fantastic but resin used seems brittle. Not sure I want to have a lot of handling while gaming. May just use for display. Just curious about your experience.

Elk101:
The flash on some of them was awful too. They're nice sculpts but the material is going to take some getting used to.

Anpu:

--- Quote from: Kit Walker on December 26, 2018, 06:24:57 PM ---Did you have any problems with breakage? I had to replace almost all the wands on any figure that had a hand extended holding the wand. Also the Hermione figure broke several times while cleaning before priming and painting. The Bellatrix figure was also difficult to prep. Overall the sculpting is fantastic but resin used seems brittle. Not sure I want to have a lot of handling while gaming. May just use for display. Just curious about your experience.

--- End quote ---
No breakage as delivered, managed to break one deatheater wand while putting them away due to clumsiness. I agree the resin is brittle.

--- Quote from: Elk101 on December 26, 2018, 08:39:09 PM ---The flash on some of them was awful too. They're nice sculpts but the material is going to take some getting used to.

--- End quote ---
Almost no flash on the models i recieved, luck I guess..

Ultravanillasmurf:
I have not seen the Harry Potter figures in the resin, I have seen the DC figures (Team Flash is stalled in my paint queue), I assume it is the same resin?

It reminded me of the Citadel Finecast stuff, which I found very brittle.

They are very nice looking sculpts, just concerned about their practicallity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version