Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:59:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1692694
  • Total Topics: 118478
  • Online Today: 660
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Gandalf's thread of stuff - aSoIaF kitbashes, Oathmark etc.  (Read 49046 times)

Offline Gandalf the G

• Librarian
Re: Gandalf's thread of stuff - aSoIaF kitbashes, Oathmark etc.
« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2024, 11:15:56 AM »
Finished some troops for my orc/goblin army.

12 Orcs. These would be hearthguard or more probably Warriors in a Saga AoM army or heavy infantry veterans in Lion/Dragon Rampant. These are build of pieces from the Oathmark kit. Some adaptations have been made, notably the standard bearers arm is not the standard one, the arm belongs to a bowman.

12 unarmoured Goblins with spears. These would be Levy in SAGA or light infantry(yeomen) in LR.
These use bodies from the Oathmark Goblin Slaves. Arms or just hand from the Goblin Warrior kit, as well as shields and the body of the leader.

The we have 12 armoured Goblins with spears. These all have horned helmets, and I have used these as Hearthguard in SAGA before, but I will probably not do that anymore. These use parts from the Wolf Rider kit and on of them even has legs from the Warlord Games Gauls.

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2024, 04:34:31 PM »
Well done, they certainly look like nasty customers! Your combinations of pieces from the different Oathmark pieces look good. I enjoyed kitbashing orcs when I was working on a similar army a while ago.

Offline Gandalf the G

• Librarian
« Reply #167 on: April 30, 2024, 05:29:46 AM »
Thanks Pattus Magnus! Did you post your similar army on the forum?

Posting some more minis that I painted, some recently, some long ago. All from the Orc army, and mostly not posted here before.

First some archers. Oathmark, nothing special except the little guy who is from the Goblin Slaves box with arms from the Goblin Warriors. The commander is from Reaper.

Secondly some Bugbears, also from Reaper. These are my Bipedal Creatures in SAGA AoM.

Third we have some elite troops. These are mostly from the Frostgrave Demon box. I've been cutting up a few pieces, like the sword arm on the guy in front which has a different blade, and the orc in the back has had the haft of his axe extended. The rightmost is made from an Oathmark Orc body with arms and head from the Demon kit.

Lastly, there is an orc boss from Reaper.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 05:33:51 AM by Gandalf the G »

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #168 on: April 30, 2024, 06:04:58 AM »
Gandalf the G - yes, I posted a bunch of pictures here https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=132213.60

The ones showing the orc army with kitbashes start around page 5 in the thread and go to about page 10. Then a few pages later in the same thread I showed the start of my 15mm orc army. Because, you know, I had to chase the same wargaming butterfly in another scale… ::)

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #169 on: April 30, 2024, 07:25:29 AM »
Looking good! 🔥 👁 🔥
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Gandalf the G

• Librarian
« Reply #170 on: May 01, 2024, 09:21:32 AM »
Thanks Grumpy!

Magnus: Cool, thanks for the link! I recognize them, it is really good stuff. Nice to see how you make a lot of different ranges work together.

Now I'm posting the cavalry, or maybe it is called wolfery?
First is a shaman. This is a kitbash with a few different sources: upper body from Warlord saxons, hands from GW(empire wizards?) and Frostgrave. Rest is oathmark. The wolf is slightly cut up and reassembled to stand on the rock, and the hood is green stuff.

Second are the mounted archers. These all use bits from the two first Goblin kits. Some of them have upper bodies from the Goblin infantry kit.

Third is the whole bunch together. I have four riders with horned helmets, armour and spears, six archers, and two that fit in between, so I can field 6+6 for LR or 4 HG and 8 warriors with composite bow in SAGA.

Then there is a champion. This guy is wearing dual cleavers: one from a mantic kit and the other from Fireforge zombies. His helmet is from the Wolf Riders kit from Oathmark, but I had to give him smaller horns. The new small horns are actually made from bows from the same kit.

Last is not a part of the wolfery, but the panthery! This is a sabretooth from Wizkids with a Shieldmaiden from Shieldwolf miniatures on top of it. I think I've stated my opinion on this Shieldwolf kit before. The sculpting is great, but the design(posing, parts available etc.) is not very good.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #171 on: May 01, 2024, 04:15:31 PM »
Nice, I really like the shaman!

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #172 on: May 01, 2024, 07:42:06 PM »
They do look great! And nothing says, “evil spellcaster” quite like holding the flaming skull of doom. Even more impressive when you consider that it’s not actually a spell, but an unusually large flaming sambuca shot served in a cup made from an enemy skull.

Offline Luigi

• Scientist
« Reply #173 on: May 02, 2024, 02:58:21 PM »
 :o

What an imposing horde you've got there. They must look really threatening once deployed all together on the table