Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 01:39:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1692661
  • Total Topics: 118477
  • Online Today: 660
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: In the bright dystopian future there is only CYBERPUNK (Update: March 5 '24)  (Read 130158 times)

Offline Duke Donald

• Mastermind
Re: In the bright dystopian future there is only CYBERPUNK
« Reply #330 on: January 02, 2017, 10:04:14 AM »
Nice! The truck is also my favourite, really interesting design.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #331 on: January 02, 2017, 08:28:22 PM »
Thanks!!

And a small update. I ordered a 3'x3' vinyl city map at my local print shop. It was mainly an experiment to see how the print would turn up. Cost me €30, nice price IMO. I made the map from this one from TopoSolitario:
http://www.toposolitario.com/workshop/index_tableros.html

So a bit curly at the edges and a bit shiny which is normal for vinyl (but works out well enough for gaming with buildings on top), but the detail and sharpness is spot on! Really like it. Now, I didn't really NEED it as I own a 6'x4' Games & Gears Battle Board but that is a lot of effort to place on the table and not always worth the effort. And it's great to be able to field a smaller table. The streets are a bit more cramped (4" vs the 7" G&G streets), but I like it way more with smaller streets. makes it all a bit more claustrophobic than those wide streets. And makes it easier to get cover.
So all in all I am very happy with this one!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 07:39:45 AM by Malebolgia »
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #332 on: January 03, 2017, 06:59:35 AM »
Looks good, like you wrote, good for quick smaller games.

Any chance for pics of it with buildings on it as well?

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #333 on: January 03, 2017, 07:05:00 PM »
One of these days! It is going to happen soon...

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
« Reply #334 on: January 06, 2017, 05:03:55 PM »
I love that mat!  :o

Although it's for cyberpunk RPG systems, you should check this out: AUGMENTED REALITY CITY KIT

It's a cool, stat-free book, full of tables for generating urban details, gangs, corporates, even missions. Would be great for ramping up the background fluff for your games, I suspect.  :)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #335 on: January 07, 2017, 08:16:11 AM »
Any chance for pics of it with buildings on it as well?

Oh, the buildings are there all right, but unless you have the 'See-Cyberspace-HD module' LAF upgrade on your device you will not be able to see them.
 ;)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #336 on: January 07, 2017, 09:01:38 AM »
Oh, the buildings are there all right, but unless you have the 'See-Cyberspace-HD module' LAF upgrade on your device you will not be able to see them.
 ;)

We should also note that this upgrade is entirely free, as long as you are willing to relinquish a few simple civil liberties for it.  :D
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #337 on: January 07, 2017, 07:38:00 PM »
Hahaha! Hacked by Anonymous...

Update - Cyberspace Terminals & Foo Dogs

An important addition to the city: 4 Cyberspace Terminals. Important, because they are essential to Chrome Warriors to play the game ;). The terminals are from the Sedition Wars terrain pack and are excellent pieces. I sprayed them black, sponged them with grey tones and some silver here and there and then dunked Modelmates Track Dirt over them. Then with a wet sponge I removed most Track Dirt. Easy paintjobs and they work well. For the displays, I created some screens in Photoshop and printed them on photo paper.

Foo Dogs

Super simple paintjobs, but very effective and they will make good scatter scenery.

Me and my mates Jan and Roon arranged to play a game today, but unfortunately the weather was terrible (ice), so I decided to go with the train. A shame, I would have liked to post some pictures of a game, but alas...
But Kingdom Death was awesome!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 11:07:41 AM by Malebolgia »

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #338 on: January 08, 2017, 08:41:26 AM »
But Kingdom Death was awesome!

Should I be prepared for giant cyber mammaries at poldercon now?  :D

Great looking terrain and pictures. After reading your rules I ended up turning a destroid phalanx head into a terminal.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #339 on: January 22, 2017, 07:35:16 AM »
Update: Final painted miniatures before Poldercon!
Woohoo! Yesterday I finished the last three painted miniatures I needed for Poldercon. This gives me two fully painted groups.

Tommy Bitrider - Trained Hacker

A model from the Human Interface Kickstarter. Like many of them the detail is extremely fine...so fine that some was hardly visible and very flat (like on his shoes, face and clothing). So not the greatest model to paint and not my best paintjob but he will do. I'm happy with the green vest I chose, the green makes him pop well on the table.

Tetsuo (Green Rigger) & Bee drone

Tetsuo is hacker which I got from the Ghost of Hefei Kickstarter and the Bee drone is a very cool 3D print from LAF's YPU 8)!
Tetsuo was a lot of fun to paint, excellent model. Nice pose and gear, he works very well. The Bee drone was fast to paint (in the colours of Planes' Ripslinger plane - green, orange and black), although he was hard to assemble and some details were hard to see. They make a nice pair!
Not a big fan of the pin in the clear acryllic rod, but the tops always break so fast I took no risk.

So that finishes the models! Now I have three weeks to get all the cards printed and finish more scenery. The scenery will be bonus and more stuff to decorate the city. I will shoot pictures of the city in the last week before Poldercon!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 11:08:41 AM by Malebolgia »

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #340 on: January 22, 2017, 09:30:29 AM »
The Bee drone was fast to paint (in the colours of Planes' Ripslinger plane - green, orange and black), although he was hard to assemble and some details were hard to see. They make a nice pair!

Stop complaining, your's looks awesome. But in all honestly yeah I fell for the age-old trap of 3d design, it's always smaller than you think. the second version I printed was almost twice as large with most details either removed or enlarged. Still, you made that one look pretty nice, it does it more justice than a quick sketch and print deserves!  :-*

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #341 on: January 22, 2017, 10:17:31 AM »
I love this thread - so much cool stuff. I really admire your drive in getting the "look".
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #342 on: January 22, 2017, 11:15:54 AM »
Great to see some new miniatures in this thread to complement those wonderful buildings.
 8) 8)

And that Bee Drone is so cute!
Great design and top colouring-in.
Top job, both of you.
 :-* :-*

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
  • Danger - Stupid and Industrious
    • Clan Mac's Post Apocalyptia
« Reply #343 on: January 22, 2017, 11:57:13 AM »
Lovely feel to these minis. Great colours too.
Mac

It's not big, or clever, but let's do it anyway

https://www.facebook.com/Junkt0wn/

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #344 on: January 24, 2017, 06:48:23 AM »
Thanks guys, great to have your moral support 8)

Stop complaining, your's looks awesome. But in all honestly yeah I fell for the age-old trap of 3d design, it's always smaller than you think. the second version I printed was almost twice as large with most details either removed or enlarged. Still, you made that one look pretty nice, it does it more justice than a quick sketch and print deserves!  :-*

Oh I think it's a great model! The size is actually very fitting for a drone (the Human Interfaces drones are huge for instance, these are much more realistic). The assembly is a bit fiddly though...maybe redesign it so it would have less parts? And I think you should exagerate the detail on the model a bit more for this scale. But those are tiny nitpickings for a cool model and a first print run :). You should really do more of these designs and sell them. The printing quality is fantastic!