Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:32:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Complete reboot of wild west collection. (16/5 more Bounty Hunters painted)  (Read 5084 times)

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
Love that carpetting!
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
Love that carpetting!

Thanks CapnJim.  I really enjoy putting some extra bits on the kits to make them look better.  I've been toying with the idea to maybe get hold of some interiors as well, like bar, shelves, maybe some lightning fixtures... a chandelier at the hotel would be wicked  :o.
"Who knows what Evil lurks in the heart of men?"
"The Shadow knows!!! Hahahahaha!"

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
That interior is awesome, that really makes it shine. And it being a TT Combat set, it probably needs such extras to prevent it from looking basic (they're not the best mdf sets eh), but yours look brilliant man!
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
That interior is awesome, that really makes it shine. And it being a TT Combat set, it probably needs such extras to prevent it from looking basic (they're not the best mdf sets eh), but yours look brilliant man!

Cheers Malebolgia!

In the past, I was happy to just put the MDF kit together and calling it done. Now, as I've gotten better and have read more tips and tricks,  I'm happy to kick it up a notch.  Still, I very much adhere to the "do it to the level of detail YOU are happy with!" I think it's nice to see, that with a little bit of extra work even a cheap basic kit can look awesome on the table 😀.

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
Thanks CapnJim.  I really enjoy putting some extra bits on the kits to make them look better.  I've been toying with the idea to maybe get hold of some interiors as well, like bar, shelves, maybe some lightning fixtures... a chandelier at the hotel would be wicked  :o.

Take a look at some of the WizKids pre-painted terrain sets.  They have a couple tavern sets that might do the trick.   

Offline terrement

• Librarian
Like all of your work.

One totally unnecessary and pointless comment - I've never been fond of the poor souls who have one foot permanently attached to a rock, a log, a crate or whatever.  Looks out of place in most places and they are most often not in a place where it makes sense.  Though I'll grant an exception for Captain Morgan.   ;)

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
Two fellas in the bounty hunters faction done. (L-R)

Eamon "Dapper Ed" O'Shaughnessey- Irish and well groomed. Bit of a gambler.

Roscoe "Ramshead" Dean- laid off cowpoke with a mean right hook.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 07:24:45 AM by Legionnaire »