Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 08:40:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Round bases it is!......The ruins of Krappefortt (MORDHEIM)  (Read 394402 times)

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
Hurray! I think. I rather liked the Sods of Sigmar, but never mind!

Great report Paul, really enjoyable. Thanks  :)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
If anyone was going to snatch the Babe, the Sods, at least, were just going to send her off on a ship without the cleansing, purifying, &, after the screaming stops, locking away in some Nunnery....the quick get away was an optimal result for the Babe. GREAT REPORT & PHOTOS!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
 :-* amazing. I loved that the ghost decided to rest in the grave, lol.

Good report and the charter house has a new owner. :)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Hurray! I think. I rather liked the Sods of Sigmar, but never mind!

Great report Paul, really enjoyable. Thanks  :)

Everybody likes the Sods of Sigmar!
I am glad you enjoyed it, Steve.
 :)

If anyone was going to snatch the Babe, the Sods, at least, were just going to send her off on a ship without the cleansing, purifying, &, after the screaming stops, locking away in some Nunnery....the quick get away was an optimal result for the Babe. GREAT REPORT & PHOTOS!

Cheers, Al!
The question is: Where did she go?
But more importantly: Will she return?
 ;)

:-* amazing. I loved that the ghost decided to rest in the grave, lol.

Good report and the charter house has a new owner. :)

Thanks, Matt!
The Ghost did raise a slight smirk on the evening, os was that grimace?

Yep, smokezombie's Flames of Absolom are now in residence, but he had better not leave the place unattended as I think the other bands may try to claim 'Squatters Rights!'.... ;)

I am not sure if I got everything right in the report, but I dare say that someone will pop up to correct me at some point if I got it wrong....

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
That was a proper fun game to play in! Well done again Mason - great scenario and fantastic AAR mate - spot on, as far as I recall it. I do remember my ogre in his vest leading the dog and getting dubbed a 'housing estate ogre'  :D

Captain Lothar Rothmanns will be back - hopefully with a painted warband next time (I used a mixture of models kindly borrowed from Mason and plundered from my Stirland Empire army for the rest - they just didn't look right! My own fault for failing to singularly paint any models for this encounter...).

Congrats to Smokezombie for claiming the day!

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
What do you guys do for models when your warband suffers casualties? Do you recruit a similar equipped fellow and give them a new name? I read one band had a new leader this round.

Just wondering after we played our RPG/skirmish game and lost my vault dweller. She isn't going to get repainted and I'm not sure I will buy a new model...

Cheers
Matt

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
A secret twin sister ;)

“Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes; your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for your… sister. So, you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now, his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Dark Side… then perhaps she will…”
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline smokezombie

• Mad Scientist
(Puffs out chest). Cheers Bert. It was quite satisfying to actually win a game...for once.

It was a fun game, well hosted Mason. I rather liked the secret objectives and think they should be a regular thing in 3+ player games. I will try and bring that into my own group. The beastman really made it fun tho. I think Bullock might have played a bit differently if he was continuing with them but he played them aggressively and in keeping with the scenario. I would say he was the real winner and wouldn't have been sad to see his beasties eat the girlie at the close of day.

I was well pleased with my ogre who did most of the butchery. With my GC winnings I shall be buying some doilies for my new chapter house, some oil for the rack and a new pair of trousers for Captain Guidion Absalom ( the bloody coward)
"The sword sung on the barren heath,
The sickle in the fruitful field;
The sword he sung a song of death,
But could not make the sickle yield."
William Blake

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
That was a proper fun game to play in! Well done again Mason - great scenario and fantastic AAR mate - spot on, as far as I recall it. I do remember my ogre in his vest leading the dog and getting dubbed a 'housing estate ogre'  :D

Cheers, mate!
That comment about the Ogre and his dog did crack me up.
How did I forget that?
 lol

Congrats to Smokezombie for claiming the day!

Yeah, he did well, mate.
Or was he just the best of a bad bunch?
 :D ;)

What do you guys do for models when your warband suffers casualties? Do you recruit a similar equipped fellow and give them a new name? I read one band had a new leader this round.

When I paint a new warband I usually do too many models for just that eventuality as I dont want to 'recycle' them too often.

I will bring an old model back after a while if needs be, but I do try not to get them killed in the first place.
I do feel that works best!
 ;)

A secret twin sister ;)

Yeah, that works!
Unless it is a male character you are looking for.
Unless you like a little cross-dressing in your warbands, that is.
 :D

(Puffs out chest). Cheers Bert. It was quite satisfying to actually win a game...for once.

It was a fun game, well hosted Mason. I rather liked the secret objectives and think they should be a regular thing in 3+ player games. I will try and bring that into my own group. The beastman really made it fun tho. I think Bullock might have played a bit differently if he was continuing with them but he played them aggressively and in keeping with the scenario. I would say he was the real winner and wouldn't have been sad to see his beasties eat the girlie at the close of day.

Technically, Bullock did win, as all the Witch Hunter's had fled the scene.
Considering that, firstly, he was not subject to Rout tests and secondly, we were looking for a winner from the three WH for ownership of the Watch House, this scenario works best for the sake of continuity, and I am sure he will appreciate that.
 ;)

With my GC winnings I shall be buying some doilies for my new chapter house, some oil for the rack and a new pair of trousers for Captain Guidion Absalom ( the bloody coward)

lol
Well done, sir!
You were the best of the Witch Hunter bands, that is for sure.

Do the place up as you see fit.
 :D

Here is one that escaped earlier:

Not too different from the last piccie, slightly different angle.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 06:17:49 AM by Mason »

Offline Tom the B*stard

• Student
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt (MORDHEIM) The BIG Witch Hunt (The AAR- Done!) 01/08
« Reply #1344 on: October 21, 2013, 05:48:09 PM »
I think its about time to get this fine scenery out again Mr Mason

Offline Funghy-Fipps

• Mad Scientist
    • Forgotten Dungeons
Re: The ruins of Krappefortt (MORDHEIM) The BIG Witch Hunt (The AAR- Done!) 01/08
« Reply #1345 on: October 21, 2013, 10:00:52 PM »
Stellar work old bean! Your AARs always get me in the mood for a game.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #1346 on: October 22, 2013, 11:47:00 AM »
Stellar work old bean! Your AARs always get me in the mood for a game.

Thanks, F-F!
I am glad that they have such a positive effect.

I think its about time to get this fine scenery out again Mr Mason

Well, some of it will see the light of day on Wednesday when we play Strange Aeons.
Also, they may have to see more use as there is something else in the works where play-testing a game set in a ruined city may well be involved.
 ;)

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #1347 on: October 22, 2013, 01:23:46 PM »
Hmm, I need to crack open the paints...
Anyone got a way to add more hours to the day?

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #1348 on: October 22, 2013, 04:06:17 PM »
Andrew: I have never really thought of it before but these could well be used as ruins in a desolated French setting..... ;)

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #1349 on: October 22, 2013, 09:26:47 PM »
  ;)