Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 03:11:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Asmodee 17Century Hell Tabletop  (Read 59168 times)

Offline artshiraz

• Scientist
    • http://miniatures.mehlinger.net/
New Asmodee 17Century Hell Tabletop
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2007, 08:31:03 PM »
Quote from: "loki"
Try this shop:
http://www.philibertnet.com/jeux-figurines-hell-dorado-c-1_715.html?osCsid=64ac9d7cf0c83a5481ecba1618e1d3d7

Thank you much. Just placed my order. My, he has some interesting pre-order sets. Loki you are my hero (today  :D )
50°17\\\'60N  8°16\\\'0E

Offline loki

• Scientist
« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2007, 09:22:30 PM »
Quote from: "artshiraz"

Thank you much. Just placed my order. My, he has some interesting pre-order sets. Loki you are my hero (today  :D )

No problem  :wink:

When you receive the stuff - tell about them or the rules.

Do you come from Germany - if yes which area ?

Greetings

Offline artshiraz

• Scientist
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2007, 09:19:17 AM »
Quote from: "loki"
When you receive the stuff - tell about them or the rules.
Do you come from Germany - if yes which area ?
Greetings

Will do. Since I saw the first artwork in Ravage I was intrigued and it slowly became clear for me to get my fumbling hands at those minis :D

Originally I come from Luxembourg but since a few years we have moved to Hesse, roughly between Cologne, Wiesbaden and Francfort. Talk about history it turned out that the greater Region where we live in (Nassau) has still a relationship with our luxembourgisch Grand-ducal house. :wink:

Offline loki

• Scientist
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2007, 05:32:09 PM »
Hello,

artshiraz was so kind and did this great translation job for us.
Thanks to him  :mrgreen:

Recruitment card analyses

Today we will present you the caracteristics of a recruitment card with the help of our friendly missionary who's always happy to act.

Each combatant on the battlefield is defined by a series of coded caracteristics which you'll find on all recruitment cards.

On most cards these caracteristics are printed in two different colors: in black and green. The value in green is the important one when the the combatant is hit. Exception: in case of life points the value in green means the time from which on the combatant is supposidly hit.

Movement (DPT)
This value indicates the number of fields the combatant can move in a play turn, when moving normally. This value can be changed regularly depending on the combatants actions and the orders they receive.

Schoot (TIR)
This value represents a D6. It means the number of dices used by this combatant when he makes an attack with a long-range weapon (arrows, throwing knifes, grenades, etc) This caracteristic shows the markmanship with this weapon.

Combat (CBT)
This value represents a D6 number. It shows the number of dices used. This caracteristic shows the hand-to-hand combat profience, the physical battle abilities and equipment of this combatant. It shows both the beserk furie and the cold-headed experience.

Defense (DEF)
As the name says, this caracteristic shows the difficulty to hit the combatant while in combat. It is against this caracteristic that adversary forces will make their attack rolls in hand-to-hand (and to a certain extend long range). This caracteristic shows everything at once. Rapidity, agility and martial art of a combatant. Normally Defense can't be higher than 5. In very few cases though -and every time pointed out as such- Defense can be 6.

Protection (PR)
This value means armor (natural or not) and the ability to stomach hits. It will be discounted against total damage points after an attack.

Life Point (PV)
This value shows the number of damage points the combatant can stomach before dying in battle. If this value is accompanied by a second value in red print, this last (red) value will mean an injury value (VB). The initial life points value will diminish after each taken and accounted damage. This new life point value will then be considered actual life point value. A combatant is dead when his total life point value is equal or below 0 (zero).
A combatant is considered injured if his life point value is equal or below the value in red print (VB).

Faith (FOI)
This value shows the spiritual force of the combatant and can be considered a bonus in respect of the magical effects of the combatants own faith (creed). But it is also an instrument to resist hostile magic powers. A combattant who has the keyword "disbelieving" (faithless) doesn't have this caracteristic. Each game procedure using this caracteristic doesn't affect such a combatant.

Command (CMD)
This caracteristic shows the ability of the combatant in affecting his allies in combat. This value is added to the command total of the company -at the game start. When a combatant with command value (at least 1) is eliminated, this value is instantly discounted from both the base command value and the actual command value.

Weapon caracteristics

Powertable
The power of the weapons is shown by a powertable, showing the number of damage done after a damage roll.
For contact (hand-to-hand) weapons, this value means power of the combatant as well as the weight of the weapons and the ability to "hit".
For long-range weapons, this caracteristic is, at once, an account/affinity of the combatant for certain weapons (bow, sling, throwing weapons, ..) and the natural impact power of the said weapon (crossbow bolts, frontloader bullets).
Each powertable shows the damage from 1-5 hits, even if the combatant can't be hit that often. This is made so that possible positive modificators might negate the hits.
Some special effects can be released after a number of hits has been reached.
The player controlling the combatant can always choose to inflict fewer hits than his attack roll has shown (even no hit at all).

Example: a sucubus using her whips will have the following powertable
Number of hits / Number of damage
1 / 3
2 / 4 + pain 2
3 / 6
4 / 8
5 / 6 + putting down

In her attack roll she gets 3 hits against an adversary. So she can cause 6 damage points. She also has the possibility to consider causing only 2 hits, but giving "pain" for 2 turns. Or she might choose inflicting only 1 hit and 3 damage points or even 0 hits and so no damage at all.

Range (for long range weapons)
This value is used for long range difficulties. It shows the amount of fields. This value is multiplied to get the difficulty threshold in relation of the distance between assailant and objective.

Type of damage
Most weapons have a keyword telling the type of damage the weapon causes. Most often this will be piercing, carving or blunt. But you might find more exotic ones like stare, breathing, etc.. This keyword doesn't (generally) affect the game directly, but is used to release some special skills. Some weapons have a few types of damage.

Weapon skills
Some weapons have special skills which can be used to differentiate them.

Nature of the combatants
Each combatant is defined by a certain amount of keywords
used to define him more corectly. These keywords are used to decide if the combatant can be the aim of a special attack, if he is affected by magical effects, etc..

Practical Magic

*Infernaliste x/y
These are the combatants controling lemures. This keyword is particular in the way that the word is followed by two values telling the amount of lemures the combatant can control at the same time (x) and the total number of lemures he can use during the game (y).

*Mentaliste
Combatants having one or more auras

Base width
Each combatant in Hell Dorado is placed upon a base corresponding to their own height and weight. There are three base types and certain game mecanics use them ( see fig.1)
-middle sized base (30mm)
-large sized base (40mm)
-huge sized base (50mm)

Worth (Value), faction and singleness (of combatant)
each combatant is worth a certain amount of army points. This represents the power of the combatant on the battlefield. Normally a company is composed by miniatures whose army points totalis not higher than 200.
Each combatant will be member of one of the five different factions (westerners, crusaders, demons, damneds and mercenaries). Mercenaries have a certain tolerance against the other factions and can thus be employed by each of them (with certain conditions).
Each combatant has a singleness which represents the way he can be recruited into a company.

*Unique
This combatant is named. There can only be one of this name in a company no matter the size of said company.

*Limited x
This combatant can be used a couple of times in a company. It is possible to recruit x-times this combatant for each (200 army point) part.

*Unlimited
There is no limitation of use for this combatant. He can be recruited as often as the company allows. This is the default value for each combatant.

Offline loki

• Scientist
« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2007, 10:18:05 AM »
Upcomming minis  :love:

and a new demotable:

Offline loki

• Scientist
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2007, 09:00:08 AM »
new models wave 2:

Samael (officier démon)

Foulques le noir (indépendant dans la boîte de Samael)

Baptiste (officier occidental)

Messire Valet (indépendant dans la boîte de Baptiste)

Tarik (officier sarrasin)

Aigle de Chasse (dans la boîte de Tarik)

Isha (officier égaré)

Isaia (indépendant mercenaire)

Golem (indépendant mercenaire dans la boîte d'Isaia)

Offline loki

• Scientist
« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2007, 09:04:47 AM »
New Models wave 3:

Grand damné de la colère (indépendant démon)

Gueule des abysses (indépendant égaré)

Don Quichotte (officier mercenaire)

Alchimiste (indépendant sarrasin)

Lancier (indépendant sarrasin)

Offline WitchfinderGeneral

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2007, 11:52:45 AM »
This is all looking so great
BUT
I WON'T order a book I can't read just to get a limited miniature! Damn!!  :x
"I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 autogyro?"
"Uh, I better look in the manual... This book must be out of date. I don't see "Prussia", "Siam" or "autogyro"...

Offline artshiraz

• Scientist
that's it
« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2007, 08:50:42 AM »
The blog diary about Helldorado folds. With the release of the game they won't update the site anymore.

Last piece of news though is
the release of the Golden Tickets.
Four (4) golden tickets have been hidden in the different boxes (one per faction).  
The lucky devil(s) (pun intended 8) )
will receive one miniature of their corresponding faction...
painted by Thomas David or Jacques-Alexandre Gillois,
the two in-house painters of asmodee.

AND NO... I didn't get one :cry:
 :lol:

Offline StevenK

• Bookworm
« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2007, 09:09:04 AM »
Can anybody make out what this Baptiste mini (you know, the monsterhunter chap) has on his back?

btw, I love the inscription on the Golem.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2007, 09:20:07 AM »
Quote from: "StevenK"
Can anybody make out what this Baptiste mini (you know, the monsterhunter chap) has on his back?

A "Stalin Organ".  :)

Offline KeyanSark

• Mad Scientist
  • Lead for the Lead Mountain!
    • http://www.loresdelsith.net
« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2007, 01:28:00 PM »
Quote from: "StevenK"

What does it mean?
--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--
Keyan Sark - Coordinador de SithNET
SithNET - http://www.loresdelsith.net
TT - http://talisman.foro.st
http://displacedminiatures.com/keyansark
--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2007, 01:41:28 PM »
I am no real authority on jewish folklore but I know my Terry Pratchett:
It must it's chem (name), which is one of the many names of God, most often the word "Emet" which means "Truth". By erazing the first syllable you get "Met" which means "Death" and thus you immobilize it.

I wonder if they are going to make a rabbi to go with it.

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2007, 01:46:40 PM »
My degenerate knowledge of French would seem to imply the Golem is some sort of bodyguard or special figure summoned by the independent mercenary, Isaia.

The eagle is very cleverly engineered. Kudos to the sculptor for that one.

Offline Fortescue-Smythe

• Bookworm
    • http://www.kaperbrief.net
« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2007, 03:14:47 PM »
And they've done el Hombre de La Mancha with the proper shaving basin headgear. Rosinante looks quite characterful, too.
I had promised myself not to buy any more minis based on the "but Mom, it's so COOL" argument, but that good intention's just gone out of the window at something approaching Mach 2.

On a more serious and less fannish note: do other people share my perception that Hell Dorado is going to become something of a surprise hit? When I first saw the minis, I said to myself: "Yeah, I'll get some, but the game? Yet another fantasy skirmish? Ain't gonna fly, no way."
But nowadays in the few forums I frequent, there's a substantial proportion of users that have bought into the starters and are clamouring for rules tidbits. That may be helped along by the fact that (the online community's perceptions of) Confrontation in Germany is in its death throes, but still. Quite a surprise for me.