Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:41:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1693833
  • Total Topics: 118559
  • Online Today: 835
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1729549 times)

Offline Modhail

• Mastermind
    • http://modhails-meanderings.blogspot.com/
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #3630 on: August 12, 2015, 09:10:38 PM »
Tactalvanic, that explanation sounded so 1984, I got a bit worried about committing a thoughtcrime by reading it... lol

Offline matthais-mouse

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3631 on: August 12, 2015, 09:46:51 PM »

We should be expecting the next edition of the AOS rules soon to provide the new ;D

Not sure if joke or not, given the recent announcement from GW but this made me chuckle ever so hard....... lol
.: Logan's band of survivors of the battle of Ursun's teeth :.

For blog posts with more info here.....
http://let-the-galaxy-burn-again.blogspot.co.uk/
And the vlogs here....
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzyMQNtc1ANwIbEN80M-gwA

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #3632 on: August 12, 2015, 11:09:49 PM »
Tactalvanic, that explanation sounded so 1984, I got a bit worried about committing a thoughtcrime by reading it... lol

You are. Warhammer: Age of Sigmar has always been called that and besides 40K and the Hobbit is the only game Games Workshop has ever produced. The prolefeed has been rectified and confirms this. It is goodthinkwise doubleplusgood to play Age of Sigmar. Upsub and crimestop!

:-I
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:13:28 PM by Arlequín »

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #3633 on: August 13, 2015, 08:58:41 AM »
You are. Warhammer: Age of Sigmar has always been called that and besides 40K and the Hobbit is the only game Games Workshop has ever produced. The prolefeed has been rectified and confirms this. It is goodthinkwise doubleplusgood to play Age of Sigmar. Upsub and crimestop!

:-I

um, I think my servers are watching me..

Not sure if joke or not, given the recent announcement from GW but this made me chuckle ever so hard....... lol

Almost everything I put in this particular thread is a joke, the fact sometimes it actually correlates with what GW are doing is purely accidental...

That aside.

I reckon they will be automatically replacing your downloaded versions with revised editions soon so you don't have to worry about using old versions, or owning old versions of the rules, as you won't have them...

Hopefully we won't be waking up, logging on and finding the latest rulebook downloaded to our devices includes a free Bolthrower inspired U2 album.. -  listen to as you play.

Still waiting for them to announce GW Hex bases - just sayin'  ::)

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #3634 on: August 13, 2015, 02:33:16 PM »
We joke about it, but effectively GW has indeed always 'rectified' its products with new edition of rules and codexes etc. Fluff has been subtly altered along the way to conform to the new truth as well. What went before is indeed 'oldthink' and subversive.

Of course it succeeds in this due to both its 'long term fans' accepting the changes as the new truth and that its short-term target audience changes every three or four years as they grow into and out of the GW Hobby. The uniqueness of GW is that no other wargaming company operates on this model... yet.

On another note, can some 'smilies' be considered facecrime?  ;)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 02:38:16 PM by Arlequín »

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3635 on: August 14, 2015, 08:52:00 AM »
Rectified or rectum all sounds the same to me lol :P
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline baldlea

• Librarian
« Reply #3636 on: August 16, 2015, 02:20:29 PM »

Hopefully we won't be waking up, logging on and finding the latest rulebook downloaded to our devices includes a free Bolthrower inspired U2 album.. -  listen to as you play.

Free Bolt Thrower would actually get me interested. Was listening to it just 10 mins ago while painting the skirting board.

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #3637 on: August 16, 2015, 02:29:49 PM »
I remember having the free sabbat Flexi disc off white dwarf,and made my mum buy me bolt thrower realm of chaos for Christmas , lol

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #3638 on: August 17, 2015, 12:54:55 AM »
I bought Shadow of The Horned Rat because I enjoyed it's sequel, Dark Omens, and despite some reviews there it works okay on my computer. Bit clunky though. I might just wait 'til Gog puts DO up.

Gave it another try. Order my crossbowmen to shoot some skaven, "yes my lord!", they shoot a couple of times, then spend about half an hour wheeling to face the other direction. What!?!

Just a taste of the kind of fun it's been. It's been a while but I can't remember Dark Omen being this screwy. Again, roll on that.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 02:04:46 AM by Vermis »

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3639 on: August 17, 2015, 04:34:43 AM »
Curiously, the Age of Sigmar starter box seems to be selling quite well:

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Toys-Games-Miniature-Table/zgbs/toys-and-games/295325011

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Offline Nord

• Mad Scientist
    • Nord's Painting Saga
« Reply #3640 on: August 17, 2015, 08:44:12 AM »
Not that curious to me, it's an excellent deal that box. I got one, kept the chaos stuff, sold the others, got myself a chaos force  for almost nothing. For kids it's a great way into a hobby, one that that is unmatched by other manufacturers.

But. Will the buyers of the giveaway intro box continue in the hobby, when they see the price sticker on the blisters and extra boxes, books and dice shakers? That's where GW will measure success, and only they have that data. Speculation on forums is pointless and tends to be wildly optimistic (fan sites) or overly critical (other sites).

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3641 on: August 17, 2015, 08:53:18 AM »
Cheap for Northern hemisphere. Here it usually retails at $250 NZD or around $160 USD. You can get it slightly cheaper but that is GW NZD prices. I could get a game like descent with a huge amount of add ons for that price.

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #3642 on: August 17, 2015, 08:57:44 AM »

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Toys-Games-Miniature-Table/zgbs/toys-and-games/295325011

Actually, I would say thats good news!

After all, I enjoy reading the posts here, if they fail completely, or at the least to quickly, what would fill the void?

That said it is a good deal for a miniature gaming starter set, in some places..

Would say also that its more important that they get after sales of the rest of the range

Those after sales of the rest of the range are as important if not more.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #3643 on: August 17, 2015, 10:28:31 AM »
They just released a nurse bundle online that I was quite interested in.at first o worked it out as having saving at all compared to buying the items individually, until I realised you get 9 bases of Nurglings compared to the three you get buying them on their own.that means the bundle has a saving of £31!!!  That might just be the biggest saving gw have ever given people!!
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #3644 on: August 17, 2015, 10:30:05 AM »

Not sure why that would be bad news...?  ??? It is what it is!

Generally, I think all of GW's starter boxes do extremely well; it's the (much) more expensive follow-up products that can lag behind. For instance, I note that Dark Vengeance is in the same top-20 list.