Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:30:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1693540
  • Total Topics: 118544
  • Online Today: 763
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Crisis 2012 picture report  (Read 3044 times)

Offline Tomsche

• Mastermind
  • Crescat Scientia, Vita Excolatur
    • Società di archeologia e cimeli
Crisis 2012 picture report
« on: November 03, 2012, 07:17:01 PM »
Crisis has gone by for another year, and here is my picture report of my local wargame show

http://tomsche69.blogspot.be/2012/11/crisis-2012-aftermath.html

Offline shadowking1957

• Mastermind
    • Shadowkings
Re: Crisis 2012 picture report
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 07:33:50 PM »
Great thank you so much nice to see and good report thank you

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 07:38:06 PM »
Man you took a lot of pictures.

Thanks for taking the time to share them!

There were some really fantastic boards set up.  :-*

Offline Tomsche

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 07:53:56 PM »
I try at every show to at least take pictures of all gaming board set ups, not being perfect one or two might always slip the net though

Offline Geudens

• Mastermind
  • 39th generation heir of Charles Martel (no joke!)
    • http://www.rudi-geudens.be/
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 08:30:53 AM »
From my own experience yesterday at C12 I can safely state Crisis has reached the Salute level now.  The crew really worked hard; much appreciated!
do visit my websites & photobucket:
http://www.rudi-geudens.be/
http://www.tsoa.be/
http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm262/geudens_photos/

Offline gnomehome

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 08:44:31 AM »
The venue was a definite improvement, larger, more light and better 'indoor climate'.

The parking was the only negative point, although a minor one.  Maybe next year have some parking stewards, who could point to visitors out that parking cars in rows three cars deep, will make it impossible for the car in the middle to leave  :?.  Also a lot of cars took up a space and a half, I arrived at 9:50 and there were maybe a handful of spaces left. 'Tighter' parking could easily have freed up at least 15-20 spaces.

A flyer in the goodie bag with a map of the surroundings with places to eat would come in handy, but in the age of smartphones we managed to find something.

I was under the impression that there were more traders then usual (allthough one or two did'nt show up). Bring & buy was a another improvement - for the first time in years you actually had room to move !

Another very good thing were the direction signs that were placed once you came near the venue, very handy if you don't know the surroundings.
I like my games like my orange juice: pulpy with no added sugar or artificial sweeteners

Offline Johan

• Scientist
    • http://www.tsoa.be
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 08:55:33 AM »
Thanks to everyone, club or trader or visitor for joining Crisis and making it into what it was.
We've been at it for 16 years now and every edition is getting better and better, I believe.
Were there things to improve? Of course.
Just have to mention that at the start of the week the parking was still free of metal junk that suddenly appeared without us knowing about it, as the city have Antwerp decided to organise the snowboard world chamionship right on our parkinglot. This made that we were not fully prepared for this problem. Sorry about that. Next year the championship should be in another city.

Any way I hope everyone enjoyed it and finds the way back for 2013.
Cheers

Johan
President of Tin Soldiers of Antwerp

Offline necrocannibal

• Mad Scientist
  • Cthulhu for President!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 09:16:44 AM »
Very nice report. It was a great edition of crisis this year. The minor flaw was the parking, but as stated, that was unforseen. I came around 10:00 and found a parking space between the venue and the road.
The halls were nicely lit and quite spacious so even though there were a lot of visitors, it really didn't feel crowded...like at the old venue, the new one also smelled better...
I had printed the maps and marked where I wanted to look and buy stuff...I alway get greedy and so I bought quite a  bit (lots of scenery and a nice spider tank from Westwind). Had a great time and hope to be there again next year.
The Cult of the Black Goat Cultist No. 11

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 09:22:10 AM »
I would like to thank everyone at TSA for their hard work. Last year was the first time I visited Crisis, but this year was very much a huge improvement!

The parking issue was really out of their hands, and had that little scaffold not been there, there would have been plenty of parking space.

The venue was great, and a lot larger than last year. So instead of fleeing the claustrophobic conditions of the Bring & Sell like last year, I actually spent a good deal of money there, in my contribution to Operation Shift Lead Mountain.

Some awesome tables were there, which got many oohs and aahs (and provided many ideas to try ourselves).

Also, as far as I'm concerned, the Nicest Booth Award goes to Black Cat Bases. Really nice people  :)

The only (minor) disappointment was the lack of the Ruined London Board at the Crooked Dice stand, but as the guys (also really nice btw) explained, there had simply not been enough time to get it to Crisis. I'll keep you to your promise to have it there next year though  ;)

All in all we've had a great time and I would love to be able to go to more of these great events. Now to learn not to spend my entire monthly gaming budget in one day. I never knew a bag of hobby stuffs could become so heavy so fast... :D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 11:50:42 AM by Daeothar »
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 11:47:31 AM »
 :o

Now that is a big venue!

Especially liked the WWII Island board and the Epic Armageddon battle.

Cheers, for the pictures!

Offline Colonel Tubby

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 04:35:12 PM »
Another great set of pictures from Crisis, thanks for posting.

Offline powerfrog99

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 04:50:43 PM »
As every time since 2004 when we started visiting this was a really nice day out for us. Well worth travalling the 450 km from the Frankfurt region :) :)

Thanks to all who worked to get this brilliant convention running.

Here are some of our observings:

++ more space, actually much more space for everything
     better air
     better lighting
     better food
     more traders
     more tables
     easy to find
     better bring and buy

-   our free parking cost us 6,50 € as at 10:15 the parking area was already closed.....
    the organisation how to get some food: lists, 2 cues, tickets a.s.o.
    the prize rise to 8.-€ was ok, but why to charge the toilets seperately?
    the cue in front of the sausage and burger table was pretty long (at least for us, beeing continental Europeans) and we had the impression it did never really shorten
    a few more tables for sitting down might be helpful (for checking the bounty and counting the still available recources  ;))

All in all a big improvement and taking the scaffolding on the parking area as a singular event there is just a bit catering wise that might be improved.

cheers Thomas
These days it's Wargods and Warhammer Armies Project I am working on !

Check out my gallery here on LAF
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=2521

Offline Tomsche

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 05:32:54 PM »
The toilets are completely out of our hands, that's an ex-pat comming with the premises

Offline Blodwin

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 06:01:19 PM »
Thanks for the pictures  - hope to go one year.

Offline Remington

• Mastermind
  • Who? Where? Say what now?
    • The Doc's Diary
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 02:13:11 PM »
Thank you for the report and thank you for another Crisis. Liked the spaciousness of the new venue a lot! So looking forward to seeing how you'll make it your own over the next few years. I am sure Crisis has to grow into it.

I will not further go into the parking situation, as others have. Just so much as to mention that we were nearly trapped on the parking lot of Tom Taylor next door... So for future visitors... please avoid it!

Although the venue was large, I think more could have been done with the space. Everything was so much bigger, and yet every vendor and the corridors next to them were easily tightly packed with people (occasionally more so than in the Metropolis building) and I am wondering whether the space could have been distributed a bit differently.

But mostly this was a nice Saturday, so a big thank you to all the organisers.

(And let's hope next year some traders will be a bit more sensible about their conversion rates! ;) )