Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:46:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694155
  • Total Topics: 118583
  • Online Today: 576
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Cate Blanchett-alike?  (Read 4497 times)

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
Cate Blanchett-alike?
« on: June 21, 2008, 06:31:49 PM »
Not being much of an expert on current ranges of figures, does anyone know of any BOB/Pulp figures that could be used for the character of Irina Spalko, from the latest Indy movie:

[ In case anyone hasn't seen a pic and because I couldn't think of an excuse not to  lol]

I think she wouldn't look too out of place in a typical 1930's Pulp/BOB setting.

Thanks for any help  :)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: Cate Blanchett-alike?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 06:52:10 PM »

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 10:00:13 PM »
The Copplestone Castings Back Of Beyond BC17 "Bolshevik Heroines" pack might yield some good results too (although the Artizan Olga figure looks closer to your photograph). You might also want to pick up the BC11 Bolshevik Officers pack so you can swap out a hand holding a sword:

http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/range.php?range=BOB

« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 10:03:34 PM by Heldrak »
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 10:01:59 PM »
There is nothing like Cate Blanchett, mind you!  ;D
If you come for the king, you better not miss (Omar)

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 11:49:53 PM »
hahahahahahahahahaha!  Pretty, but useless.  Couldnt act her way out of a paper bag!  Here is the (Copplestone) figure if you want to shoot her.......

"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.

Offline archangel1

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 03:52:31 AM »
hahahahahahahahahaha!  Pretty, but useless.  Couldnt act her way out of a paper bag!  Here is the (Copplestone) figure if you want to shoot her.......

Guess she must have bought her Oscar and BAFTA's, then!  ::)
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 08:22:25 AM »

You're on my list >:(

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 10:06:14 AM »
hahahahahahahahahaha!  Pretty, but useless.  Couldnt act her way out of a paper bag! 

lol Oh you are provoking!

I've always thought she was quite good - albeit a bit 'samey'. But then what actor isn't?

Whether you rate her or not, she's definitely A-list, and regards herself as a very serious actor (isn't she joint artistic director of some art-house theatre in Oz?)

In which case I cannot fathom why she agreed to appear in the latest Indy movie, playing a cardboard cut-out, 2-D pantomime villainess? She can't need the money, surely?

I thought she was the worst thing in it.
Well, apart from Karen Allen who looked ancient enough to be Indy's grandmother...  ;)

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 10:49:47 AM »
Oo-er! Opened a can of worms there  lol

I quite liked her in Indy - her character was a bit 2-D, but a great deal of fun and in keeping with the whole Indy/Pulp thing. The high-speed duel in the jungle was exhilarating stuff.
I was a bit disappointed that Karen Allen has not aged as well as I'd hoped, but then again, if she saw me, she  would be the most disappointed  :(
Anyway, it appears that Sarah Jane will be making another appearance in Dr Who next week [after the very brief cameo in this week's episode] so that's not at all bad! Lis Sladen is still a Babe  :-*

Thanks for the two figure suggestions. Both are on now my shopping list, but I think the Copplestone is slightly more like what I'm after.

Both will be very useful, though  :D

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 12:31:01 PM »
Well, there's nothing like an opinion on a film/actor/pop-star to get the wires humming!

I used to really like Cate Blanchett until 1) Elizabeth the Golden age - history at its dumbest, in which she gave a 2D performance (and why change one of the finest speeches in history(Tillbury))and then 2) the new Indy film ("at least its better than the Temple of Doom" was the kindest thing I could muster..) in which she played a 1D villian.

I agree with Gluteus re Karen Allen - what happened over the last 20 years????

Please don't hang me guys!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 12:34:46 PM by Ignatieff »

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 02:09:32 PM »
OK, that sounds beter. Have you seen her in Heaven? And her acting as Kat Hepburn (my all-time screen favourite actress) in Aviator was brilliant, made the film worth seeing!

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 02:10:30 PM »
Guess she must have bought her Oscar and BAFTA's, then!  ::)

Amazing what crops up on ebay these days :~}
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 02:22:51 PM »
hahahahahahahahahaha!  Pretty, but useless.  Couldnt act her way out of a paper bag! 

Whether you rate her or not, she's definitely A-list, and regards herself as a very serious actor (isn't she joint artistic director of some art-house theatre in Oz?)

In which case I cannot fathom why she agreed to appear in the latest Indy movie, playing a cardboard cut-out, 2-D pantomime villainess? She can't need the money, surely?

Maybe she just likes Indy movies? Myve just for fun? With the money she earns she should be able to do things just for the heck of it. And earn money at the same time. Or do you guys know any actor who has never done a rather... hm.. let's call it simple movie (as I liked it a lot I'm not willing to say bad movie).

As to Karen Allen... remember girls grow old, guys become... distinct.  lol lol lol
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 02:26:40 PM by Doomhippie »
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Mo

• Mad Scientist
    • Oddman Productions
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 03:44:56 PM »
I thought Karen Allen was pretty darned cure for a 55 year old woman!

Of course I am at that age now where 40 and 50 yr olds are my contemporaries and I feel very dirty looking at 20 year olds...
 lol

Marc

Fantastic Worlds: Pulp Action in the Far Reaches of Space
http://oddmanproductions.com

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2008, 10:42:35 PM »
I thought Karen Allen was pretty darned cure for a 55 year old woman!

55? You're kidding?

Sorry, not very chivalric of moi  :? - but honestly, she really did look older than Harrison Ford, and he's got to be 65 (ish) hasn't he?