Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:43:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Corpse Hammer, New 32mm Game, Preview #1  (Read 7406 times)

Offline RKE Games

• Student
Corpse Hammer, New 32mm Game, Preview #1
« on: September 18, 2012, 08:51:46 PM »
New 32mm Game Corpse Hammer - Preview #1

Announcing an exciting new 32mm game from Red Knight Entertainment.

Corpse Hammer is a Dark Science Fiction/Fantasy miniature game set in a world laden with arcane energies. On one side you have the supernaturally gifted Nephalim Knights defending the immortal populace from the cybernetic hordes of unliving known as the Necrovanum.

Today for preview we have the first unit of 5 that will be shown in the next couple weeks.

These are the Corpse Hammers for House Remegoth, one of the Nephalim Knight Houses. Units are named after their weapons, hence this unit's name.

Using the legendary Corpse Hammer cannon as well as the Houses' own unique Crucigoth Short Sword, these Nephalim Knights are reapers of the damned on the black planet of Sephraxis.

A little background:
I am David Rogers, starting a new 32mm miniature game.
I have currently used every last penny I have to get 29 miniatures printed for my game. I put a strong focus on dynamic one piece miniatures whenever possible. I will be showing all 5 units that comprise these 29 minis over the next couple weeks.
I produce all of my own work from website, graphics, writing, creating, 3d sculpting for printing, logos art etc. I can produce miniatures at a fast pace and hope to be doing so in the future.

I hope to Kickstart the game in early October and with your help, cement a new game to our industries wonderful lineup. The miniatures will be sitting at the mold maker ready to go when the Kickstart begins. This will be a simple Kickstart with no stretch goals as to allow for quick product delivery within a few months after all 29 molds have been made and the miniatures produced. I am just one person doing this and I want to keep it that way concerning all creative work and sculpting for the company. The higher the Kickstart goes, the more minis will be produced in the future. I currently have 47 new minis waiting to go to the 3d printer.

There have been some rather "big" Kickstarts lately so I hope that as a relative unknown there is room for me as well. If you can get behind someone as small as myself I would greatly appreciate. I hope to reach my goal of 40k within a few weeks. I really don't need 40k but there is just something magic about that number. Corpse Hammer 40,000... dollar, Kickstart. Ahem.

Check out the website, you can find out more about me, RKE and all about Corpse Hammer.

Red  Rogers
www.rkegames.com

PS: Sorry, took the photos mid-cleanup. My fault.

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
Re: Corpse Hammer, New 32mm Game, Preview #1
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 08:59:13 PM »
Cool miniatures! Look a bit like the Warzone stuff :)

But here I clicked on a thread believing it was the corpse of Hammers :/

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 10:41:36 PM »
Not for me I am afraid, but Corpse Hammer sounds like a bad death metal band name...

The minis are really over the top, but somehow look underdetailed. I think it's because everything is sort of detailed the same 'crusty' feel.

I can see you've tried to make them dynamic, but also one piece...

Straaaange miniatures, but as I said not for me. Of course, best of luck. :)

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 11:00:17 PM »
Not for me I am afraid, but Corpse Hammer sounds like a bad death metal band name...

Maybe you're thinking about [noembed]Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face[/noembed]?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 11:03:59 PM by Dolmot »

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 11:22:21 PM »
<snip>
The minis are really over the top, but somehow look underdetailed. I think it's because everything is sort of detailed the same 'crusty' feel. <snip>

Straaaange miniatures, but as I said not for me. Of course, best of luck. :)

The above says it all for me far better than I would have wrote.

For what you seem to shooting for the miniatures are very evocative (I think that is the word I want) of the faction for your world setting.  Weirds me out completely.  Which I think is a good thing if I understand your setting correctly.

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 01:04:10 AM »
I like the miniatures :)

I don't know why there are those ridges all over them but they certainly have a look on their own, and I like not having to glue metal miniatures together from different parts.

Coincidentally, just yesterday I tried to get hold of the nice sci-fi paper terrain you released some months ago, but it's no longer available, and that's really a shame because I think the art quality is great and I could use the terrain for a little project of mine :)

Offline Knightofspades

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 04:30:00 AM »
This looks great! The bone look is really cool and uniqe!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 05:37:27 AM »
Nicely done...but definitely NOT for me.  Looks like a bad 1980's rockstar costume, very GWAR-ish as the other bloke mentioned.

I really don't care for the crustacean styling at all.  The game title also sounds quite silly, and I'd avoid any "hammer" name.  :?
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 06:41:14 AM »
Maybe you're thinking about [noembed]Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face[/noembed]?

Of course, or the band Demolition Hammer!

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 07:21:52 AM »
The bioarmours on the "hammers" are nice enough (the guns are rather overtly massive tho) and I might well find use for some (they have quite a bit of the old VOID Arakton wibe going, which isn't a bad thing). The background sounds like pap to me tho so am unlikely to play the game.

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 07:40:00 AM »
Brilliant! It's like a weird dream or something. I find the names of everything and look you've chosen for the game/website completely OTT and it's gone waaaay beyond bad to cheesey good as far as I'm concerned. The miniatures look a little soft to me and some of the 'details' are unclear but that just adds to the charm.
As long as your prices aren't stupid you can count me in :)

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 08:01:46 AM »
You'd prefer Goth Reamer? :D

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 08:04:11 AM »
That would really call for an image but I suppose then you'd have to reprimand yourself :P

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 01:43:26 PM »
the figures pictured here remind me of the old Koralon models for Void - the ones where the, for want of a better word, coral grows over/around the human(or other) 'captive/slave?' and starts to change their appearance.

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 02:12:33 PM »
meant Arakton.