Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:51:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) DRAKERYS: .......Dark Dwarf Army arrives...... last 48 hours.  (Read 5432 times)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Re: (KICKSTARTER) now underway DRAKERYS
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2014, 12:10:06 AM »
 Why?  It would only be disappointing if you expected something else.

There is plenty of discussion on the KS about the material and a recent update answering most of the issues raised so far.
Still only promises and good intentions but I am sticking with this one.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 09:10:26 AM by robh »

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2014, 10:48:45 PM »
After an awful weekend (why do KS pledges always drop off at weekends?) the Drakerys project is back on track.

Just passed the $125k mark which released the Dark Elf army box and add ons, plus a bunch of new discounted pledges including a combined Orc, Human and Dark Elf starter set: 3 armies (plus it includes all stretch goals released so far).

Some new special character stretch goals and the first previews of the Dwarf Army to be released at $200k.

Still 21 days to go so much more to come.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2014, 10:49:14 AM »
First part of the quick start rules have been posted in the project updates. Another 2 or 3 sections to come and a video of actual gameplay promised for this week. Good to finally see some detail on how this game will work.

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2014, 02:31:14 PM »
I have a few friends interested in this game.  I am not too keen on the figures (though some of the limited ones look nice, and the elementals are nice), but will take a look at how the rules work.  I have lots of confrontation orcs I could use instead of the ones offered with the game if I can get ahold of a copy of the rules.
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2014, 04:59:05 PM »
Might pick up some of those wild elves once they're in regular production, so long as the plastic isn't naff and sculpts are actually good, but I doubt I'll buy into the KS.

They're certainly doing the "Make every good-looking figure a KS exclusive", which only makes me angry and disinclined to support them. REALLY not a fan of the LIMITED EDITION RUSH RUSH GET IT NOW YOU GOTTA GET IT NOW RUSH RUSH LIMITED EDITION crap that's been exploding at the seams of KS campaigns - and I'm a guy who has happily paid $40 for a mini on at least a a couple of occasions and $20 for a mini at least a score of times.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 05:03:21 PM by FramFramson »

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2014, 05:35:51 PM »
@Timbor:  I am planning on adding these to my Confrontation armies also, Orcs and Griffin (The Human faction here make excellent stand in Griffin Conscript troops) and the Orcs, especially the "brutes" are virtual clones of the Confron metals.
The rules are looking very interesting, I am impressed with the base mechanics as they have been explained so far (with the sole exception of measure everything from the unit leader...which is a rule mechanism I really detest in skirmish battles)

@Fram:  You, me and about half the backers on the KS!  Just eBay fodder unfortunately as they are wonderful looking figures.

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 01:23:15 AM »
I think the drakerys orcs would look ok with different heads.  Its the alligator snout that makes them look awful to me.  They do have similarities with the brutes (which are really well done) but the extra long snout just kills it... o_o

I find the human conscripts to be somewhat bland in their posing, but the bowmen look really nice.  Though not nice enough to make me want to buy and paint them instead of the hundreds of other human figures I have and can proxy instead.  ;D

But, yeah... limited edition stuff has hooked me a couple times but it is losing its lustre nowadays.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2014, 10:35:26 PM »
First part of the (English Language) gameplay video is posted on the KS page and the DPG YouTube channel:

Covers how the initiative systems works, movement and an example of combat and subsequent unit morale.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: (KICKSTARTER) DRAKERYS: Second gameplay video now posted
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2014, 07:51:42 PM »
Second part of the gameplay video has now been posted:

Covers elite units, more on combat and magic and introduces the elementals which are a key part of the game structure and background.
The Kickstarter has passed another set of stretch goals adding extra free named characters to the Orc and Human armies (a warrior and mage respectively) and added new troop types for the elf, human and orc armies.

Also showing now is the first artwork for the Dwarven forces. A really dark almost Chaos Dwarf look, more Duergar than Dwarf as we see them in most games. Like all the figures and concepts shown so far the team behind Drakerys are really trying to break away from the stereotypical fantasy concepts and do something familiar but still individual and different.

Loads of other videos (showing some of the actual figures in the 3 variants) and information in the updates pages. If you have not already seen them check out the already achieved free stretch goal Elemental Overlord figures. Amazing.

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: (KICKSTARTER) DRAKERYS: Second gameplay video and much more!
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2014, 05:24:16 PM »
I have to say that there are some really nice minis there  :)

Joined the kickstarter recently myself to get me those nice Elves.
The concepts are great and with some nice new ideas, and still I can use them along my Rackham Halfelves.

Especially those Blood Banes are great  :-*

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2014, 12:08:46 PM »
Why?  It would only be disappointing if you expected something else.

Hmm,  I'm sure that's exactly what I said:

Therefore, if you are expecting anything other than the Mantic/Privateer Press/Sedition Wars plastics, you are almost certain to be disappointed.  :?

Anyway. Not for me I think, so I'll just toddle off!  ;)

Offline Ajsalium

• Mad Scientist
    • Role 'n' Roll
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2014, 05:58:32 PM »
What I just can't tolerate is seeing an european company charging shipping for europeans backers and not for stateside ones.
I don't want to re-start the shipping-costs-moaning war again, but this is just ridiculous.
Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2014, 06:15:48 PM »
That was a big issue during the early part of the project, but it is a Kickstarter ruling and not down to the project. Kickstarter does not yet allow european projects in euros (only in ŁUK and only when the project is based in the UK).

One of the team behind Drakerys lives in the USA so he is the "owner" as far as Kickstarter is concerned and the project is therefore American. Thus US backers MUST have free (or included in pledge) shipping.

It sucks, but at least the Drakerys shipping is reasonable and everything you get is included in the single discounted shipping cost, so no matter how many army boxes or unit add ons you buy, you only pay the first shipping.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: (KICKSTARTER) DRAKERYS: about to release Dark Dwarf Army
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2014, 09:41:15 PM »
Now into the last 48 hours:
New stretch goal characters and units, plus the Dark Dwarf Army Box and special characters. Alternate wing and head sets for the Dragon, some amazing looking figures and great value on the pledges. The top tier pledge "Elemental5" $666 is now worth a staggering $1400 at KS retail prices.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dontpanicgames/drakerys-the-miniature-game

Also they are allowing pledge upgrades via the Pledge manager so you can split the pledge cost between now and 2 or 3 weeks time by taking a lower value pledge now and then paying the extra to upgrade afterwards. Includes upgrades to the top tier pledge.