Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 10:41:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Re: Nozza_uk has some food kiosks  (Read 27245 times)

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
Re: Nozza_uk does multi pass or Mangalores
« Reply #150 on: February 26, 2024, 11:35:43 AM »
It's the curse of having 3d designers reliving their childhoods!  lol

In fairness, a lot of my interest comes from an old film and wandering if figures exist for it. Caught "Warlords of Atlantis" the other day and then discovered that someone had designed some figures based on the troops in that film. Similarly, watched "This Island Earth" and as a result I know have Metaluna mutants waiting to be painted. Of course, you start browsing online stores and it's very easy to add items to your shopping cart. Also, 3d printed is reasonably priced, 10 figures costs on average £12.50 + p&p.

The other thing I do is watch certain creators on Patreon and see what's on their pipeline. For example, BigMrTong has created the Revwien from Star Wars, as well as some very familiar looking Jabba the Hutt's human guards.

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
Re: Nozza_uk does Warlords of Atlantis
« Reply #151 on: March 08, 2024, 03:58:04 PM »
Warlords of Atlantis is described as a 1978 British adventure science fiction film, where two deep-sea explorers and their crew must survive a master race of beings and monstrous creatures when they discover the fabled city of Atlantis.

I have always had a fondness for this film and was very pleased to have recently seen it again on TV.

Of course, it got me thinking, does anybody do any figures for the film; especially the Atlantean troops? Sure enough, I found Antediluvian Miniatures did a range in metal (including a not Doug McClure) and Big Mr Tong had recreated them in 3D.

I ordered the Big Mr Tong sculpts from a 3D printer and I ordered the 'Warlord' commnader figure from Antediluvian.

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
Re: Nozza_uk does Metaluna Mutants
« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2024, 12:06:59 PM »
One of the most famous Universal monster designs in the history of Hollywood. These aliens featured in the 1955 science fiction film This Island Earth. They once occupied the planet Metaluna and were bred for menial labour.

This Island Earth was one of those 1950s/60s films that got broadcast during the school holidays and that's where I developed my love for all those films.

When I saw that the mutants had been recreated in 3D and were available on Etsy, I jumped at the chance to get some.

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2024, 08:14:18 PM »
Suitably creepy! As nostalgic as we can be for our old Hollywood creature features, I think streaming has been a huge boon for flicks based on our gaming interests. Whether current or soon-to-be after viewing!

Mike Demana

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2024, 08:11:35 AM »
STOP, please stop. If it's not bad enough that you first introduced me to Mr Big Tong's (very affordable) 3d designs in the first place. Now, just when I convince myself I do not actually need every 20th century movie alien/monster, you post up piccis of painted minis and my resolve melts away, again! lol

Nice work, keep it coming (my wallet can afford it for now at least!).

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2024, 04:07:57 PM »
STOP, please stop. If it's not bad enough that you first introduced me to Mr Big Tong's (very affordable) 3d designs in the first place. Now, just when I convince myself I do not actually need every 20th century movie alien/monster, you post up piccis of painted minis and my resolve melts away, again! lol

Nice work, keep it coming (my wallet can afford it for now at least!).

Thanks for the feedback.

There is the problem. If you know where to look, those sculpts are very affordable. One Etsy seller (with discounts) is effectively selling them for a £1 a figure. 3DKingdoms have a 10% Easter sales on at the moment too. Also, it's worth following Mr Big Tong on Patreon (it's free to do so) and you can see what's coming down the line.

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
Re: Nozza_uk does the final frontier. Away Missions
« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2024, 03:15:06 PM »
The latest expansions for the board game 'Star Trek: Away Missions' introduce the original Enterprise bridge crew to the game.

And finally completed the Next Generation bridge crew.

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
Re: Nozza_uk has some food kiosks
« Reply #157 on: Today at 01:13:50 PM »
Again, inspired by the likes of Akula, Oshiro and others, but not having the skill to scratch built things, I bought a couple of scenic items to liven up my table.
This time, some street food kiosks picked up from Etsy.

Just need to find/create some restaurant takeaway clutter to finish them off.