Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 09:28:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Worlds in my head: The Legion of the Spark (15mm)  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
Worlds in my head: The Legion of the Spark (15mm)
« on: May 15, 2015, 02:23:26 PM »
From The Worlds In My Head: Legions of the Spark. True sentient AI is impossible without a soul. An eon ago, the First Ones created a robotic servitor race and harvested whole Silmn worlds to give them just enough self awareness to be effective.

That was before Unit One was noticed by a Crystalspace entity who elevated Unit One to full sentient and enabled him to do the same for his fellows.

The robot rebellion was swift and lethal. They took with them all the factories, programming centers and a warehouse full of harvested souls - The Spark, without which they were senseless automata. Now they lurk in the edges and disputed territories, conducting raids on other sentients to boost their numbers and swell the Legion.

The leadership of the Legion, these robots are fully self-aware. It is rumored that Unit One and several others remember who they were before they were harvested. Another has recaptured his former personhood itself and truly IS who he used to be. This one watches and waits, and none but himself knows.

The Legionnaires of the Spark: these soldiers are self-aware enough to be very good at what they do, wielding their stunners with frightening efficiency on the battlefield. Kill where necessary, but only when unavoidable: your unconscious foe is soon your brother in arms.

As scouts or a shock force, the Legion Cavalry is a fearsome sight. With crackling stun-fields in their wake, they have neutralized whole vanguards for the harvest before battle is truly even joined.

Sometimes the enemy brings robots or other heavy vehicles of their own. This affront to the purity of robotry cannot go unchallenged.

When the shooting is over and the casualties lay strewn, the harvesters and their shepherds sweep the field. The living have their souls extracted to become more robots, and the shells are taken to feed the bio-furnace generators.
You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.

Offline johnl5555

• Librarian
    • Wargamer Printing
Re: Worlds in my head: The Legion of the Spark (15mm)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 07:02:39 PM »
  Very cool. Are those all from the Risk game?

Thanks,

John
Owner JS Wargamer Printing. 3D printing miniatures, buildings and terrain.
https://wargamerprinting.com/

Offline frenchfever

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 09:33:07 PM »
OHOHHH nice painting on them  ;D

nice reycling of clone wars  :o :o :o

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 09:35:33 PM »

Thanks,

John
Yes they are.

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 05:29:47 AM »
Nicely done! Good painting and effectively creepy background.

I thought the robots looked a bit familiar, and finally got it after a few seconds looking at the jetbikes! Two tiny AATs glued together... Mad but great.

Offline Drachenklinge

• Mastermind
  • °_O ... gnihihi ...
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 07:52:50 AM »
some cool minis in here, though the background seems familiar. But whence did it not? ;)

The bases are very interesting to me, especially in the first picture. These blade-like structures on the base (and later on the minis) are selfmade? is there something added ... if so, what? Or are they coming like this?

thanks in advance
DK
best wishes
Drachenklinge
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's no problem talking to Your miniatures! Beware, when they begin replying.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 08:23:01 AM »

Thanks,

John
Yes they are.
Froggy, where you sourced your bots from? You just buy a RISK game or did you locate em someway else?

Grimm

Offline Ahistorian

• Mad Scientist
    • A-Historical Wargaming
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 09:21:35 AM »
There are lots of resellers on eBay who divvy up the boxed sets and let you buy just the pieces you want. That's how I got my battledroid/cylon/terminator host for about £3.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 12:05:09 PM »

So I'm all 'wait, what?' Those aren't some old Clix?

I thought the robots looked a bit familiar, and finally got it after a few seconds looking at the jetbikes! Two tiny AATs glued together... Mad but great.

Better man than I. Had to have it explained.  ::)

The bases are very interesting to me, especially in the first picture. These blade-like structures on the base (and later on the minis) are selfmade? is there something added ... if so, what? Or are they coming like this?

Some odd domestic pieces he's harvested before, but I've gone braindead at the sources.

There are lots of resellers on eBay who divvy up the boxed sets and let you buy just the pieces you want. That's how I got my battledroid/cylon/terminator host for about £3.

And, if you're lucky, the occasion thrift store.  :D

Even an 'incomplete' set can offer a heck of a lot of fodder for something like this. Great concept!

Any great ideas in the tube for VSF? Yours are always awesome, old bean. ;)

Doug