Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2024, 04:09:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694739
  • Total Topics: 118631
  • Online Today: 485
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Blogs..... what do we say?  (Read 10991 times)

Offline Golgotha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • BMC Miniatures - All things wargame related.
Re: Blogs..... what do we say?
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2022, 05:13:29 PM »
 Herewith a Wycombe Warband fellow members inspiring blog see:

https://baskivich.blogspot.com/2022/

See also https://www.wycombewarband.org/news.php
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 02:57:35 AM by Golgotha »

Offline Alkedo

• Student
« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2022, 07:04:46 AM »
I set up a blog when I realized that this project was going for the long haul, and that I was going to need to do a lot of research and a lot of work, and that I would really need to write stuff down or I would forget about it and miss it when I needed it.

And that, in the end, I could write it in a way that was publicly available so that fellow enthusiasts could benefit also. In fact I realized that proper information on the subject was difficult to come by, especially wargaming related (with the expection of the very good Rams Ravensband Wrecks!), so sharing my research could be useful.

I do get little feedback but as was already said blogs are not about that, you have FB for that. I do get satisfaction from views, which are now fairly regular, and the odd fellow who writes me telling me how much he liked this or that - these guys makes my day! BRE Wix is a fairly good platform, I find it easy and functional.

Alkedo

https://alkedominis.wixsite.com/blog/my-blog

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2024, 01:10:03 AM »
Gents, pardon the threadomancy on this topic I started ages ago, but I have a question I was hoping someone may have a readily available answer for me.

Are "Blogger" and "Blogspot" the only free games in town now as far as blogs go? I noticed while trying to resurrect an old blog, that Blogger is now run by Google. That blog was from 2013 and 3 email addresses and 2 laptops ago so I have NO CLUE how to reboot it without the sign in. Blogger won't let me create a new one with that name as it still assumes it's "active", so I'll need to shop elsewhere as the name is kinda important to me.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Andy in Germany

• Scientist
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2024, 05:42:41 AM »
I've been blogging for a while, I find it's a great way to keep me motivated, and I enjoy the process of trying to tell a story, even though it doesn't get many readers. According to WordPress, I've been using it for about 17 years...

Are "Blogger" and "Blogspot" the only free games in town now as far as blogs go?

As mentioned above, WordPress has a free platform, which is non-tech friendly. Their new formatting takes a bit of getting used to, but it is very stable once you've got it.

One thing I really like about WordPress is the option to delay a post, so I can set posts up and have them publish on the same time every Saturday morning.