Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:37:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: QRF Order  (Read 2302 times)

Offline Dice Roller

• Bookworm
QRF Order
« on: February 14, 2024, 08:38:41 AM »
Simple question - anyone having problems with waiting for orders from Quick Reaction Force?
It's not been too long since I ordered, but not heard a thing, so just thought I'd check in case anyone else is having a bit of jip with them.
I'm sure I saw something somewhere with someone saying they waited an age but can't find it.
It may just be the way they work, slower than most, that is making me wary.
Like I say, not so long ago that alarm bells are ringing but long enough to get me rubbing my chin.
Other's experience and comments welcome.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Re: QRF Order
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 02:12:21 AM »
I have found the new owner of QRF to be truly lousy at communicating but when I placed an order I got it in normal time, a couple of weeks - this was a little after middle of last year (2023).

The new owner is apparently about to retire from Air Force (UK) with some sort of service related challenges - illness perhaps or maybe PTSD, hard to know.

Geoffrey, who used to be the customer service front man provided exceptionally high quality service and prompt replies.  I doubt he is still there, perhaps retired like the previous owner (new owner's uncle apparently).

I hope it gets sorted and the ranges remain reliably available.  Their offerings are very large and diverse.  Company use to be tops for service and responsiveness.

Offline Dice Roller

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2024, 10:44:38 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.
We are now at the 'two week since ordering' period so hopefully they'll be here soon.
Yeah, I realise two weeks isn't much (and the website does say 'allow 28 days'), but one gets used to items arriving within 7-10 days nowadays.
So, like I said originally, not exactly BTD delays, but more than one might expect.
I'll sit tight for my 28 days and then raise a complaint.
Fingers crossed I won't need to. It's not as though I'm ordering obscure items they cast to order - just some M113s. I would expect that's a regular seller for the period they cover.
Quite frankly, if they can't ship within 28 days then they don't deserve the business.

Online SJWi

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2024, 03:06:41 PM »
Dice Roller, just to compare experiences my order last Summer took a little over two weeks to arrive. Ordered on July 19th, arrived August 4th.  I guess with such a vast range they cast to order and I'm not sure if they are a fulltime business. So many Companies now are part time, so I guess delays are inevitable.

Regards   

Offline Dice Roller

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2024, 03:29:49 PM »
Lovely, cheers - thanks for making me aware.
If that's their modus operandi then I'll cut them some slack.
As you say, I guess many wargames companies are a hobby business.
That's fine.

Offline Lamour

• Student
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2024, 02:13:09 PM »
I am also a bit curious about QRF's normal behaviour/timeframe. I ordered a couple of little bits two weeks ago and haven't heard anything since. It's not that long but I think that in the 2020s expectations are quite high about communication and speed. Hoping to be grasping new figures soon.

Offline Old Contemptable

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2024, 08:10:46 AM »
Is anyone getting their orders? I have been waiting a while and I am not getting any replies to my emails.

Offline Dice Roller

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2024, 09:23:46 AM »
My order has literally just arrived - just 5 minutes ago!
Which is a couple of days short of the 28 days.
So that seems to be their timeframe. Which is pretty poor by today's standards but within (barely) the time they state.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2024, 09:41:43 PM »
Glad to hear you got your order. 

Offline Old Contemptable

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2024, 05:34:15 AM »
Would you put in a good word for me?

Offline OB

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2024, 03:19:13 PM »
I'm a wiser man having read this thread. A month does seem to be the new norm.  My order is slightly over that.

A pity, QRF were once a leading member of the fast turn round gang.

Offline Dice Roller

• Bookworm
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2024, 04:05:50 PM »
To be honest, the models and moulds are getting on a bit now and that shows in the quality of the castings.
With that in mind, and with the delays in delivery, I am not inclined to order from them again unless it's something that really can't be found elsewhere.
I too had fond memories of QRF from back in the day. But I think it's time to let those memories go.

Offline Ragsta

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2024, 04:45:30 PM »
If the website is stating delivery within 28 days, and customers are getting their goods within that time frame, then I’m not sure what the issue being raised here is?

Offline Dice Roller

• Bookworm
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2024, 05:38:32 PM »
Kind of.
It is lacklustre service.
They are happy to take your money straightaway and then leave it a few weeks before shipping the goods.
I wonder how they'd feel if it was the other way around.
Yes, I got mine within 28 days (26 to be precise - pretty much taking it to the wire) but someone above says they've been waiting over a month. More than 28 days.
I don't expect it the next day, but waiting 4 weeks!? Whether or not that's what they state on their website it seems like they're doing the bare minimum to fulfil their obligations.
It does suggest service is wanting and a bit random.
Admittedly, not BTD service, but hardly shining. Not in this day and age.
And when you take into account the sub-standard (let's say 4 out of 10. Maybe 5) quality of the models (how long have those moulds been in production?) then it does mean I'll look elsewhere in future.

So, again, not the worst service by a long stretch. And they are delivering (well, my order) within time. Just.
But it hardly inspires one to use them again.
That's all.

Offline Lamour

• Student
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2024, 10:13:29 AM »
My parcel arrived today, bang on 28 days. I wouldn't order if I was in a hurry!