Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:10:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Complete reboot of wild west collection. (7/5 TT Combat Grand Hotel!)  (Read 4802 times)

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
Loving the Mexican!

:-*
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
Loving the Mexican!

:-*

Oh yes, that one and the Tequila bottle holding one were the main reasons why I thought "I GOT to get those Mexicans!"  lol
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 11:48:30 AM by Legionnaire »
"Who knows what Evil lurks in the heart of men?"
"The Shadow knows!!! Hahahahaha!"

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
 The first three lieutenants for the five factions I have so far (L-R)

Helmut "The Bavarian Devil" Hell (Bounty Hunters): Well educated and has got an expensive taste. Originally from Bavaria in Germany.  The nickname is a gross misconception about his surname (means bright in German), but it helps in his chosen profession.

Gertrude Weissmann (Bluebell's Petticoats): it is rumoured she shot her drunkard and bully of a husband. Serious and dangerous. A top notch markswoman with both rifle and pistol.

Hamish "Ninetoe" Doyle (Lawmen): Patient, organised and reliable, the Scottish deputy is well liked in Turnip Town. Lost a toe in an accident and enjoys fishing in his spare time.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 11:05:17 PM by Legionnaire »

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
They look great, but my vote for this one's cast for "The Bavarian Devil". He looks one mean sonnavabitch.

:o

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
They look great, but my vote for this one's cast for "The Bavarian Devil". He looks one mean sonnavabitch.

I quite agree.  And what unearthly power helps him keep that hat and duster so clean?
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist

:o

Glad you like the figures sir,  and I agree, Helmut Hell is probably my favourite sculpt in the collection I bought.  Really evokes the creativity about what kind of man he would be. To me, an A-grade hardcase with lots of class and style  lol.

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
I quite agree.  And what unearthly power helps him keep that hat and duster so clean?

Pastor Vilgot Sjöman has every member of his "congregation" taking daily baths, to further the impact of terror on their prey. Herr Hell is also travelling with a sizeable wardrobe at his disposal  lol. The hunted are literally "brown trousering" themselves when they hear he is on their trail.  lol
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 10:40:40 PM by Legionnaire »

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
The last two lieutenants done!

Alonzo "Mañana" Padrilla: Honest and work are two words he seldom use, never in the same sentence anyways. He has an almost uncanny knack for sniffing out the dissatisfied employee,  the hole in the security arrangements etc.  His trusted bottle of Tequila makes him everybody's friend and tongues wag. What harm is a chat between friends  lol

Kangee Kohana (Swift Crow): smart, resourceful and fiercely loyal. Very brave and have more coups than anyone else in the band.

Last picture is a groupshot of the leaders and their lieutenants of the five factions I have so far:

Groupshot of the 10 minis I've painted so far, from L-R:

Los Hombres Alegres ( The Merry Men): Mexican bandits and hellraisers.

Turnip Town Constabulary: Lawmen.

Big Vindaloo Tribe: native Americans under leadership of a Delhi man.

Bluebell's Petticoats: all female Faction of waifs and strays.

Pastor Sjöman's Sin Hunters: bounty hunters under stern old Testament leadership.

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
The saloon looks wonderful, I like the bright colour pallet your using.

For the stage coach I think once primed and based that will go a long way to making It more sturdy. I was searching for a cost effective stage coach and was unable to find one so now 3b printing is an option that may be the solution. Stick with it!

Cheers
Matt

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
The saloon looks wonderful, I like the bright colour pallet your using.

For the stage coach I think once primed and based that will go a long way to making It more sturdy. I was searching for a cost effective stage coach and was unable to find one so now 3b printing is an option that may be the solution. Stick with it!

Cheers
Matt

Thank you very much for your kind words Matt. I'm very happy how it turned out and I will endeavour to bring some more bright colour schemes into the wild west.

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
Thank you very much for your kind words Matt. I'm very happy how it turned out and I will endeavour to bring some more bright colour schemes into the wild west.

If I remember rightly your previous western town had a lot of colourful characters, hope this one brings some good games with it.
I particularly like Siddhartha a very interesting play with the character.

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
Those are a couple more good figures.  That bottle can be a weapon, once it's emptied of course...  ;)

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
If I remember rightly your previous western town had a lot of colourful characters, hope this one brings some good games with it.
I particularly like Siddhartha a very interesting play with the character.

I believe you are remembering correctly Vagabond, and colour me impressed you do!

To me, half the fun in gaming is to be creative with settings, characters and all the other bits. If I may say it myself, "Chief Vindaloo" was an inspired stroke of genius  lol.

Beside the jokes and fun characters however, there is a modest amount of true history to my setting nevertheless. Set in Minnesota there'll be lots of Scandinavian ancestry amongst the population. Besides English, the most spoken languages at the time in America were German and Spanish, so we have some of that as well. I am going to stay away from the temptation to paint war paint on my First Nation people, they are not at war! I have also read a little about Sioux naming traditions, which could be quite complicated and learned that certain words have an inherit male or female application. So some names would be completely unsuitable for a character, depending on their gender.

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
Those are a couple more good figures.  That bottle can be a weapon, once it's emptied of course...  ;)

Many thanks for your encouragement CapnJim. That bottle never seems to be empty though  :D

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
Next building done! Allow me to present TT Combat Pitchstone Grand Hotel. Again, a little work needed to fit everything to my contentment but only minor things really. As usual, cut out pieces, dryfit the whole kit, put pieces in piles according to spray colour and lastly assemble. I tried again to put up some wallpaper and a carpet.

Next up will be more model painting. I like a bit of variety, paint some, assemble terrain,  take it in turns. Keeps me motivated. Instead of only painting or only making terrain.