Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 09:12:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1692074
  • Total Topics: 118439
  • Online Today: 696
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Little Big Man Banners  (Read 5545 times)

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Little Big Man Banners
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2023, 11:15:59 PM »
I feel ashamed of myself, because it’s not nice to mock the afflicted, but I couldn’t help laughing when I read the description of trying to glue the plastic side of the decal down. I can only imagine the frustration!

I have to admit that I have occasionally been more than a little bit irritated when trying to peel that off the decals to stick the bastards down, especially on really small pieces (try a few of the 15mm sheets sometime, if you want a lesson in fiddliness).

All that said, the LBMS decals do look great when they go on successfully, and I seem to keep buying them.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2023, 02:48:21 AM »
try a few of the 15mm sheets sometime, if you want a lesson in fiddliness.

:o :o I do not think I'd be able to cope!  :o :o

All that said, the LBMS decals do look great when they go on successfully, and I seem to keep buying them.

They do look amazing and once you get used to prepping and adding to the shields you do actually save a lot of time.

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2023, 12:04:59 PM »
They do look amazing and once you get used to prepping and adding to the shields you do actually save a lot of time.

With the idiot-proof instructions I found them a lot easier to fit and yes, they do look lovely. Homemade finials made with wire and greenstuff.

'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2023, 03:29:59 PM »
With the idiot-proof instructions I found them a lot easier to fit and yes, they do look lovely. Homemade finials made with wire and greenstuff.

One (very) fab looking command stand Cubs, the home made finials are most excellent mate  :-*

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2023, 06:19:20 PM »
One (very) fab looking command stand Cubs, the home made finials are most excellent mate  :-*

Thanks! Much converting to make them - ensigns are the 'receive cavalry' Highlander standing pose, with musket cut away, backpack and 'squaddie' accoutrements chopped away, legs chopped off and swapped with legs from British Infantry box, swords added (made from scraped down 28mm plastic swords to get an approximate shape) with plastic spears from a 28mm sprue, with the heads scraped down to size. Colour Sergeants are the loading pose, with musket cut away, head chopped off and repositioned looking more upwards, swords added again as above, pikes made the same as the flagpoles, but with care to include a crossbar shape, sergeant's sash ends added with greenstuff. A lot of the minor details you can just paint on.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2023, 10:56:52 AM »
Thanks! Much converting to make them - ensigns are the 'receive cavalry' Highlander standing pose, with musket cut away, backpack and 'squaddie' accoutrements chopped away, legs chopped off and swapped with legs from British Infantry box, swords added (made from scraped down 28mm plastic swords to get an approximate shape) with plastic spears from a 28mm sprue, with the heads scraped down to size. Colour Sergeants are the loading pose, with musket cut away, head chopped off and repositioned looking more upwards, swords added again as above, pikes made the same as the flagpoles, but with care to include a crossbar shape, sergeant's sash ends added with greenstuff. A lot of the minor details you can just paint on.
/quote]

Now you've said that, it's easy. lol lol lol
Excellent work ,as always.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2023, 06:02:20 PM »

I'm pleased that a pretty complicated conversion all turned out so well Cubs. The banners look fab  :-*