Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 11:16:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Dr. Livingstone's Supplies for the Needy  (Read 1778 times)

Offline ushistoryprof

• Mad Scientist
    • World Historyprof-History Real & Imagined through Miniatures
Dr. Livingstone's Supplies for the Needy
« on: October 02, 2011, 09:48:12 PM »
[/img]
Carrying supplies and valuable elephant ivory (gifts from grateful tribes), Dr. David Livingstone's expedition heads to his next mission hospital in the heart of Africa.

[/img]
Eventually he will trade the ivory for much needed medical supplies to help the poor tribal peoples the colonial governments largely ignore.

More pictures are here:
http://worldhistoryprof.blogspot.com/2011/10/ivory-treasure-to-fund-my-good-works.html
Thanks for Looking
Prof
----------
http://worldhistoryprof.blogspot.com/

Offline Vonkluge

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
  • Dogs of War and Bengal Club member / Kaiser Bill!
    • Historical Hobbies
Re: Dr. Livingstone's Supplies for the Needy
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 12:37:17 AM »
Hi Prof, (Rick)

Great looking pictures! was it from a game or just staged for the shot? Your ground cover is great, the stuff from Michale's craft store no doubt?

Stupid me realized that we had spoken before and sorry for my memory! We are starting up a small campaign locally and if you are interested give me a call. We did a "test" game last night just as a refresher to the rules, integrating a random event card system, and work on any issues with terrain interpretation. We are trying to develop a campaign that will be very limited in time and scope so as to have it played out completely as well as one that gives the feeling of really exploring or functioning in Darkest Afrika not just different looking troops on the table trying to roll to hit......

I was interested to see you post this the very day after we were doing our game only miles away!

Bill W

Steve Gausche played the first "Ju-Ju" card against me! causing a large gorilla to leap from ambush on my un-suspecting Matchlock men...The big ape carried off one of the natives into the bush never to be seen again! Moments later another "Ju-Ju" card that I picked up indicated that one of this same group stepped on a Scorpion in his haste to avoid the gorilla! He died of poison two turns later! I was able to return the favor to Steve later in the form of a crocodile attack as he crossed the "Umflosslow" river several turns later. His high stepping askaris were to quick for the croc and no one was eaten!

Bengal Club members Doug and Chick fight it out at one of the river crossings. The game was dotted with half a dozen different engagements all over the map.

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 01:39:04 AM »
Bill,
Where did you get the tall trees and can you post a closer pic of them?
LB
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 02:07:20 AM »
Great looking game.
May I ask what material was used for the hills in the second picture.
Really like them.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Vonkluge

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
  • Dogs of War and Bengal Club member / Kaiser Bill!
    • Historical Hobbies
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 07:25:54 AM »
First sorry UShistoryprof for "hijacking" the thread! lol!

Lon the big trees are scratch built by me a wire armature inside and sculpy outside, baked in oven to harden. The foliage is from a "fern" type plant from a craft store. The sculpy is drilled then the fern piece is glued into it. They are a bit of work but no body has trees like these. The idea was to have someting tall to give that tall jungle canopy effect.

the hill or Kop is just foam sculpted and covered with PVA glue or for the low ones fiberglass resin covered.

Bill

PS the "avatar" I use is me in VonLettows uniform, photoshop!

Offline chicklewis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 10:12:04 AM »
Yes, this was a VERY fine game - - - even if I did first show up 22 hours early, and returned two hours late for it. 
"Sufficient for the day is the evil thereof."