Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:54:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1692254
  • Total Topics: 118449
  • Online Today: 674
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Frostgrave - Rules  (Read 395315 times)

Offline joe5mc

• Mastermind
    • The Renaissance Troll
Re: Frostgrave - Rules
« Reply #1155 on: July 02, 2016, 08:12:25 AM »
No. You are still limited to one, they just give you options on what the one would be.

Offline ChaosChild

• Librarian
« Reply #1156 on: July 02, 2016, 06:05:08 PM »
If I have both the Amulet of the Ghoul King and the Book of Bones, can I have a (single) Zombie, a (single) Skeleton, AND a (single) Ghoul?

It isn't quite clear, but from the wording it makes it sound like you could (given you have both items) have ONE of each.

Thank you,
LC
No. The Amulet lets you summon a ghoul INSTEAD of a zombie. The Book of Bones allows you to raise a skeleton OR an armoured skeleton INSTEAD of a zombie. So having both items gives you a lot of choice, but not any more quantity.

Offline zellak

• Assistant
« Reply #1157 on: July 03, 2016, 06:28:26 PM »
Bones of the Earth

Does the combat with the skeleton hand work like a normal fight ?

ie.... say the skeletal hand gets a 20 and the ensorcelled target   ( say a wardog ) rolls a 1

Is the dog dead ?

Following on from this... if the wardog had 4 Bones of the earth cast on him, would the skeletal hands count bonuses for allies in the fight ?
North Ayrshire Wargames Club.

Offline Dranask

• Student
« Reply #1158 on: July 04, 2016, 01:56:34 PM »
Adding to Zellack's comments

Does the bones of Earth have an armour value, I've assumed not.

Offline nvrsaynvr

• Schoolboy
« Reply #1159 on: July 04, 2016, 09:45:15 PM »
I had the same problem with Example 5 page 37 that spree had many months ago - C1 is not a "friendly figure" and therefore does not provide support according to the rule as written.  But there is another problem with the example.  It says "the only situation" that support modifies the attack is when A1 or A2 attacks B1.  But surely it also applies if B1 attacks A1 or A2?

I would suggest changing the first sentence of the support rule to be:
Every figure also in combat with the opponent and not in combat...
And tossing in a: (and vice versa) into Example 5.

Offline joe5mc

• Mastermind
    • The Renaissance Troll
« Reply #1160 on: July 05, 2016, 02:12:55 PM »
Bones of the Earth can damage an opponent. (The Dog is Dead) It does not have any armour, so simply winning the fight, with any result will destroy it.

Multiple Bones of the Earth do not support one another. They are not creatures, they are spell effects. They never offer support in any circumstances.

Nvsaynvr - the enemy of my enemy (so long as he's not attacking me) is my friend. So, an uncontrolled creature that is attacking the same figure as you counts as a supporting figure. You are, however, correct. It would apply if B1 attacks A1 or A2. Supporting figures are worked out exactly the same way no matter which side is the attacker in combat.

Offline Dranask

• Student
« Reply #1161 on: July 07, 2016, 11:41:42 AM »
Nvsaynvr - the enemy of my enemy (so long as he's not attacking me) is my friend. So, an uncontrolled creature that is attacking the same figure as you counts as a supporting figure. You are, however, correct. It would apply if B1 attacks A1 or A2. Supporting figures are worked out exactly the same way no matter which side is the attacker in combat.

So I assume you get that support if the attacked figure is also in contact with a third player.

Offline zazq

• Student
« Reply #1162 on: July 08, 2016, 03:05:47 AM »
alright, i just read 78 pages of QA and 6 pages of errata, and my question is about THAT ONE SPELL.

As of right now, can i Leap to the top of a 6" building that is 5" away from me?  The hypotenuse is 7.8, but the most recent joe post indicated that you go to the wall and then up, which would result in 11".   

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
« Reply #1163 on: July 08, 2016, 04:25:43 AM »
alright, i just read 78 pages of QA and 6 pages of errata, and my question is about THAT ONE SPELL.

As of right now, can i Leap to the top of a 6" building that is 5" away from me?  The hypotenuse is 7.8, but the most recent joe post indicated that you go to the wall and then up, which would result in 11".   

Hi and welcome.
You measure actual distance (ie through the air/the hypotenuse).

Offline zazq

• Student
« Reply #1164 on: July 08, 2016, 04:50:47 AM »
and the falling stuff indicates that i can totally end a leap in the air.
Wall spells can float in the air and are climbable, and you can end your movement mid climb. 

So can i leap up and hang on to the side of a floating wall, and rain death down upon mine enemies?

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
« Reply #1165 on: July 08, 2016, 05:28:00 AM »
and the falling stuff indicates that i can totally end a leap in the air.
Wall spells can float in the air and are climbable, and you can end your movement mid climb.  

So can i leap up and hang on to the side of a floating wall, and rain death down upon mine enemies?

I don't know about floating walls. As far as I know they need to be on a surface of some kind or at least parts of them do.
Also though it's not stated if you are half way up a wall I'd personally rule that you couldn't shoot. You kind of need both hands to climb.
I'd ask Joe just to be safe.

Offline joe5mc

• Mastermind
    • The Renaissance Troll
« Reply #1166 on: July 08, 2016, 09:18:52 AM »
Walls don't float. They need to be on a surface. Fog can float.

As for clinging on to a wall and shooting. I'm going to leave that judgement to the players on the scene. Terrain is too diverse for me to make sweeping statements about what you can and cannot do on a specific piece. That said, if you are truly clinging on to a sheer wall, I would say no.

Dranask - yes.

Offline Darkson71

• Mad Scientist
  • Rolling 1s so you don't have to since '95
    • Home of the ARBBL
« Reply #1167 on: July 08, 2016, 11:12:37 AM »
As for clinging on to a wall and shooting. I'm going to leave that judgement to the players on the scene. Terrain is too diverse for me to make sweeping statements about what you can and cannot do on a specific piece. That said, if you are truly clinging on to a sheer wall, I would say no.

Because a lot of our terrain is very mixed (old Mordheim cardboard, GW 40k plastics, plaster-built, Maulifaux) we've always played that you can shoot from any surface unless specified before the game, because of the "crumbling" description in the rules.

Has lead to some interesting dilemmas, such as "should I spend the second action to continue to climb and get behind that upper wall, or take the shot from here now and be exposed to returning fire".
Home of the ARBBL
"I survived the 525"

Offline peterstiles

• Lurker
« Reply #1168 on: July 09, 2016, 01:20:18 PM »
Breeding Pits suggest a ceiling height of 10" for dungeons. Whilst in caverns that sounds  reasonable,  for classic 2" wide dungeon corridors that sounds rather strange?

Offline Skrapwelder

• Mastermind
  • Pluviophile
    • What Ho, Cythereans!
« Reply #1169 on: July 09, 2016, 06:46:01 PM »
This may have been asked before but I can't find any reference:

Spells cannot be improved to a casting number less than 5. Is this the base casting number or the Wizard's personal casting number? Would a Wizard be able to reduce an Opposed or Neuatral school's spell casting number to the point where he was paying no penalty?