Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 12:00:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1692223
  • Total Topics: 118448
  • Online Today: 701
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Frostgrave - Rules  (Read 395260 times)

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave - Rules
« Reply #1215 on: August 03, 2016, 01:11:47 AM »
The House of Longreach:

Does a model need to elect to teleport through the portals, or does any model in contact immediate teleport?

- ie. If a model is pushed into a portal
 - Or, if I were to spawn a wandering creature, like an Imp, and through its action phase where it moves to the nearest model  (at the other side of the portal) "trick" it into teleporting (or how about just summoning the Imp right on top of the portal to start with?)

Similarly can inanimate objects like treasure be levitated through the portals?

Can a model teleport to a another portal which has a model on it already? Is the model on it pushed away, is the new model pushed, or do you re-roll the result (presumably not the last one due to the treasure vault). We ruled it as place the new model in base contact with the portal, just not on top of it.

Can a model teleport with its first action, half move with its second off of the portal, then move back onto the portal again with that action? (I'm asking this to obtuse at this point, we ruled only one teleportation per turn)

Or, no, stop asking questions you're just being a dick again. ;)

A model needs to move through the door to activate a portal and must be alive(as stated in the rules no undead or treasures). How they move is irrelevant. You can Leap a model through a door. If you are behind a door and a wandering monster goes through it as it moves toward you or due to random movement then it should be transported. If a model is pushed due to spell or loosing combat yes it should teleport.

Yes a model can go to another "portal" that already contains another model. They are described as doors not portals so I used the heroquest doors for them. This allowed me to choose which side of the "door" my model arrived on allowing me to choose if I want to be in base to base with an enemy on one side of a door or just appear on the other side. I guess you could randomize which side a model appeared on or have an opponent choose (if you are cruel). If both sides are blocked I would just put the model in contact with the side of the door.

Second A model can enter a door with it's first action then with it's second action go back through the door it just arrived through....why not.

Third

Offline zazq

• Student
« Reply #1216 on: August 03, 2016, 06:38:15 AM »

any form of movement, including leaping and pushing causes living creatures to trigger teleport.  a wandering monster who spotted a soldier through a doorway would indeed rampage into the door and possibly be teleported.  As it requires passing through the doorway to teleport, you can't spawn an imp and have it teleport, but you could spawn it right next to the door and hope its random movement causes it to enter the door.

undead, constructs, treasure, arrows, and other not living creature things can't use the doors.

Passing through a door doesn't generally end movement, and i'd rule that you could hop back and forth through the doors, using 1" of movement per and rolling again and again until you end up banished to hell or something.  you can totally end up at doors other people are standing near, probably in the nearest available space.  there's not really such thing as being 'inside' a doorway. 

Unrelated:  today i had a frost giant wander onto the board and charge my wizard.  it was no bueno.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #1217 on: August 03, 2016, 08:50:48 AM »
Well particularly in that scenario what happened was one player had a couple models in the vault before the other, killed the creatures, then stood by the teleporter. This allowed both sides to camp the portals through the "any enemy model which is free to move may engage your model if you move whilst within 1'' of them". Though those combats stalemated due to the lack of minis involved.:)

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
« Reply #1218 on: August 04, 2016, 03:34:55 AM »

Passing through a door doesn't generally end movement, and i'd rule that you could hop back and forth through the doors, using 1" of movement per and rolling again and again until you end up banished to hell or something. 

I disagree with this statement. I think that as soon as a model is teleported the current move action ends but a second move could be made to teleport once more. This prevents exactly what you are describing a model teleporting all over the table until he gets where he wants using 1" per teleport. This would allow models far too easy a time finding the hidden cellar.

Though we could wait til Joe responds.

Offline ImhotepMagi

• Librarian
    • Deep Dark Dungeons-A hobby blog
« Reply #1219 on: August 04, 2016, 06:22:25 AM »
Can a wizard carry a staff of power and a 2 handed weapon at the same time. If so, can he use its power reserve without actively wielding it? My gut says no but I have a player that is convinced he can just carry it around for the extra power.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #1220 on: August 04, 2016, 08:17:33 AM »
Question about Captains. In his rules about "Additional equipment" it says:

"Each weapon or piece of armour so purchased counts as one item for the purposes of carrying items."

Does this also count for free items (hand weapon and leather armour)?
So if I create a Captain with leather armour, hand weapon, bow, shield does this take 2 or 4 item slots?
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline R0nin078

• Student
« Reply #1221 on: August 04, 2016, 12:48:20 PM »
Count as 2 items
Run you clever boy... and remember

Offline Dranask

• Student
« Reply #1222 on: August 04, 2016, 02:23:04 PM »
Count as 2 items

I'd disagree, it clearly states -
A captain may carry up to 5 items, including any of the standard weapons and armour purchased as above.
The Free hand weapon and armour are included in the list and whilst the item is free it is still 'purchased' all be it for zero gold.

Of course you will soon equip him with magic gear instead and probably before you get to the mx 5 with your 'free' hand weapon and armour so the 'argument' maybe be irrelevant.

Offline Bishop Cockthrottle

• Bookworm
« Reply #1223 on: August 04, 2016, 02:55:02 PM »
Quickie on the Wall spell as I am about to model some markers.

Does the Wall continue through terrain? Eg I cast wall at the centre of a 3" wide street with 2" high walls on either side - Is the Wall created:

1/ 3" wide blocking the street but ending at the walls
2/ 6" wide continuing through the walls onto either sides

Just wondering how others play it?

Offline R0nin078

• Student
« Reply #1224 on: August 05, 2016, 06:55:36 AM »
You are right Dranask. After another reading you are right, the free items are free for money porpouses.

Offline joe5mc

• Mastermind
    • The Renaissance Troll
« Reply #1225 on: August 05, 2016, 11:37:26 AM »
All items count towards a the captain's maximum, whether or not they are paid for.  So a starting captain, using his 'free' gears only counts as carrying two items.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #1226 on: August 05, 2016, 11:59:32 AM »
Thanks! So my starting captain would have 1 free slot left. Check!

Offline jp1885

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • "An enquiring mind is sufficient qualification"
    • My Frostgrave blog
« Reply #1227 on: August 05, 2016, 02:14:21 PM »
Quickie on the Wall spell as I am about to model some markers.

Does the Wall continue through terrain? Eg I cast wall at the centre of a 3" wide street with 2" high walls on either side - Is the Wall created:

1/ 3" wide blocking the street but ending at the walls
2/ 6" wide continuing through the walls onto either sides

Just wondering how others play it?

Personally I'd say option 1.

Offline Valvorik

• Student
« Reply #1228 on: August 06, 2016, 02:04:51 PM »
Also about Wall spell.

Can a Wall spell be created to separate two figures that are in contact and "in combat" - thus making them not in combat?  Similarly can a Wall spell be created to run between a figure and a treasure marker it has moved into contact with but not yet picked up?

Rob

Offline zazq

• Student
« Reply #1229 on: August 06, 2016, 09:34:18 PM »
Also about Wall spell.

Can a Wall spell be created to separate two figures that are in contact and "in combat" - thus making them not in combat?  Similarly can a Wall spell be created to run between a figure and a treasure marker it has moved into contact with but not yet picked up?

Rob

i want to know this too.  i want the wall spell to be the all purpose everything solution to the game.