Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2024, 11:36:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1695241
  • Total Topics: 118669
  • Online Today: 571
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1737372 times)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #7440 on: October 11, 2017, 10:22:35 PM »
Interesting points, i'd wonder for example, how much third party kits has affected sales/sales patterns, does buying third party(and therefore not buying SoB's for example) throw off the numbers as to GW's eyes less of their products are being bought (and logically they are unpopular?).

I'd disagree on the imperial guard conversion kits, forgeworld has done a few and I recall a very nifty pack of metal heads for conversions...we still need a sprue of great coats though.

I think someone with a thorough understanding of Gw release schedules needs to wade in and educate us as a friend pointed out, this is vital, for example: Inquisitor greyfax while released relatively recently was designed as a hobby piece(not for public sale mind you) a few years ago and therefore, her ''boobplate'' is not indicative of the current trend...but the trend a few years ago.

The exorbitant price of the metal Sisters, even though most of them are technically in print, probably has something to do with it too.  

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #7441 on: October 11, 2017, 10:30:29 PM »
Pics doing the round online of a forgeworld primaris super heavy grav tank.

It's an ugly ,heavy, boxy looking beast bristling with guns and i want to marry it.
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7442 on: October 11, 2017, 10:57:58 PM »
Well, it will probably cost as much as a wedding.

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #7443 on: October 12, 2017, 12:03:20 PM »
Well, it will probably cost as much as a wedding.

It'll bring more joy and last longer though.  ;)

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
« Reply #7444 on: October 12, 2017, 12:26:52 PM »
Want plastic sisters, Want space Dwarfs, and we want them from GW.

I think that's basically answering itself, there are those who want them from GW, not some other source, they don't want to kitbash or use proxy miniatures.

It's a bit sad? perhaps, I can understand if its specific to the look/design hopes, that they want the particular GW style as such.

That's not true. I know many of my customers want GW female models, but still by lots of my heads in the meantime. If it's from GW it's visible in a way conversions using my products will never be: in a shop on the high street for wee girls (and boys) to see and be inspired by.

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #7446 on: October 12, 2017, 08:03:34 PM »
All of the money.

you send GW your bank statement, and if they decide you have enough, they take it all and send you one.

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #7447 on: October 12, 2017, 08:09:09 PM »

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7448 on: October 12, 2017, 09:14:29 PM »
It's very nice looking but would take up half the table.

I like how the title reads "Forge World Preview: The First Ever Primaris Super-heavy" as if Primaris space marines have been around as long as the regular marines and they finally got around to making a tank for them.

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7449 on: October 12, 2017, 09:25:17 PM »
Has anybody noticed.....a lack of skulls! :o

That may be more use as a generic sci fi tank! 8)

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #7450 on: October 12, 2017, 09:33:00 PM »
That's not true. I know many of my customers want GW female models, but still by lots of my heads in the meantime. If it's from GW it's visible in a way conversions using my products will never be: in a shop on the high street for wee girls (and boys) to see and be inspired by.

For some it is, I don't say all - I simply say "there are those" and your customer's are simply proving the over side to it, some people, like me even, are "those that are", who are happy to source or find something to suite a specific need elsewhere, the point, is that some, are not. They may change or they may stringently stick to their guns as such, or heads even.

Its a self limiting choice as such, if they are happy with that, great but there's a limit as to what they will get from that single source.

I am not in denial and saying "everyone" - as that denies the depth and variety that I have already mentioned I like so much.

So yes it is true, but so is what you say as well.

Both aspects stand in relation to the hobby space as such and how some perceive how they want it, like it and have it. or not in the case of some not currently available GW Plastic things.

I Like super heavy grav tank..

it does not sound right but I like it.

Sadly I, no. wow. nice. no. I am financially incapable of whatever they will be asking for that.

Has anybody noticed.....a lack of skulls! :o

That may be more use as a generic sci fi tank! 8)

Those cost exta, and come in a seperate optional multipart upgrade kit....

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7451 on: October 12, 2017, 11:20:46 PM »
Really nice vehicle, but a little large for my gaming tables! Oh and out of my price range

Offline Connectamabob

• Mastermind
« Reply #7452 on: October 13, 2017, 01:18:35 AM »
The tank... actually looks pretty cool. I'm picky about sci-fi tanks, but I like that one.

It is impossible for me to imagine it coming in at a reasonable price point though. Anything resin that size is going to cost a mint, and when you add the "GW markup" to the estimate, things get far beyond nope. Everyone will want one, but they'll probably only actually sell like five of them.

If I could say anything to GW about it, it would probably be "anything that retails for more than 1/3 the cost of a 3D printer is only going to make your 'alt minis' problem worse".
History viewed from the inside is always a dark, digestive mess, far different from the easily recognizable cow viewed from afar by historians.

Offline chamberlain

• Assistant
  • Hhhhmmmmmm!
« Reply #7453 on: October 13, 2017, 02:51:30 AM »
I like the way it looks, but definitely won't be getting it.  It'd be cool for the once a year giant mega game type thing that some people do at a con or whatever.

The current most expensive space marine item forge world sells is the Sokar pattern Stormbird at £750.  The Thunderhawk is £450.  I don't know their sizes well enough to know which is more analagous to this tank, but I could easily see it being around the Thunderhawk's price.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #7454 on: October 13, 2017, 04:21:15 AM »
I don't look on FW much so I must say that finding out that even just a Thunderhawk costs 450 quid bowled me over.

Holy Christmas biscuits! I can't even begin to imagine what this gravtank will cost.