Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 04:28:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10482
  • Latest: Veroo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694317
  • Total Topics: 118597
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Histoical Minis Con Royal Armory Copenhagen  (Read 1056 times)

Offline wkeyser

• Scientist
Histoical Minis Con Royal Armory Copenhagen
« on: September 10, 2013, 09:56:02 AM »
Hi All
Well we are well into the planning of DFF CON 13. This is a Historicals only Convention at the Royal Armory in Copenhagen, Denmark.

The dates are Saturday 16th November 10:00 to 18:00 and Sunday 17th November 10:00 to 16:00.

Our web site does not have English language but we are working on that as I write this.
http://www.dffcon.dk/

As this is our first time in the museum proper it is planned on the small side, so we can gauge the turnout and plan for the future based on that.

Games planned so Far more to follow.

Chain of Command 15mm WWII Normandy
Chain of Command 20mm WWII 1940
Heart of Oak Napoleonic Naval
General Quarters WWI Naval
DBM Battly of Lyr-Wood Hede Sept 1043
Zulu Battle using Sword and the Flame
Seven Years War 10mm using Black Powder
Afganistan Force on Force
WWII Arnhem Panzer Grenadier
By Fire and Sword Thirty Years War
Saga Vikings vrs Normans
American Civil War Murfreesboro Dec 1862 using Mr Lincolns War
Napoleonics From Valmy to Waterloo 1809 battle
Napoleonics From Valmy to Waterloo Viemero
Napoleonics Tricolor 15mm Battle description to come
In Cloads of Glory WWI Air combatg
Check your Six, B17s over germany!

We hope that this is the first in many cons to come!
Thanks
William

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Histoical Minis Con Royal Armory Copenhagen
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 11:31:07 AM »
As I was going to post an update about this, I figured I would drop a bit more fleshed out announcement in this thread - William I hope you don't mind  :)

This is a heads up for everyone living within travel distance of Copenhagen, Denmark. On November 16-17th there will be a great little historical wargame convention held at the Royal Armory in Copenhagen (http://www.thm.dk/) . This convention is solely and strictly focused on anything historical, so no zombies or fantasy stuff - but plenty of historical games of all flavors. It will be run by volunteers from a Danish wargame club, and other wargamers from the local area that are willing to put on demo games during the weekend.

I will be there running a demo game of By Fire & Sword, and I will also bring with me Winged Hussar posters (the same as you could get in the Kickstarter) and sample miniatures of the By Fire & Sword range which I have received from Wargamer.pl for these type of occasions. Anyone who shows up and plays a game of BF&S will receive a little gift. My friend Andreas will be there running SAGA. We will probably have at least 1-2 more guys from our club running games - though that is still to be decided but there is a possibility of a Flames of War and Bolt Action demo as well if they decided to join in.

This will be the first convention held at t he Danish museum, and though they are starting out small they hope that there will be enough games and visitors to make this an annual and growing convention. The really cool thing however is how the demo games are scheduled, there will be a number of tables and each demo game will be limited to a 3 hour slot. So there will be a lot of rotation on each table which means that visitors and those running demo games themselves will be able to catch a bunch of different games during both days of the convention.

The admission price is 100 Danish crowns for the whole weekend, and that covers the entry fee to the museum itself! That's a bargain if you ask me. And at this time the museum is having a exposition on Denmark's wars throughout history - so there is going to be a lot of cool stuff to look at for those taking a break from the wargaming!

Needless to say, I'm very enthusiastic about this convention. I have also been very envious of the Polish wargamers who play tournaments and demo games at the Royal Palace in Warsaw on events run by Wargamer.pl - as I think having such events in a historical environment makes it so much cooler and benefits both the museum and the wargamers. I actually contacted the Malmö museum about running a tournament of By Fire & Sword but didn't even get a reply.... As such I'm happy to see the Danish counterpart is much more open minded and reasonable. There really is a total lack of historical conventions or wargaming conventions where you can drop in and watch/try out new games here in southern Sweden. The only conventions around are focused on tournament play and have zero to offer for anyone else.

Anyway, I will post more information during the coming weeks leading up to the convention, until then here are the distilled facts and list of current games:

Where: Royal Armory in Copenhagen, Denmark
When: 16-17th November 2013 (10am-18pm Saturday, 10am-16pm Sunday)
Cost: 100 Danish crowns for both days and includes entry fee to the museum itself

Games to expect (list will be updated/expanded in future posts):

Chain of Command 15mm WWII Normandy
Chain of Command 20mm WWII 1940
Heart of Oak Napoleonic Naval
General Quarters WWI Naval
DBM Battly of Lyr-Wood Hede Sept 1043
Zulu Battle using Sword and the Flame
Seven Years War 10mm using Black Powder
Afghanistan Force on Force
WWII Arnhem Panzer Grenadier
By Fire and Sword (Swedes vs Danes and their Polish allies, war of 1658-60)
Saga Vikings vrs Normans
American Civil War Murfreesboro Dec 1862 using Mr Lincolns War
Napoleonic’s From Valmy to Waterloo 1809 battle
Napoleonic’s From Valmy to Waterloo Viemero
Napoleonic’s Tricolor 15mm Battle description to come
In Cloads of Glory WWI Air combat
Check your Six, B17s over Germany!

So please drop by if you have the chance, you won't regret it.