Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:21:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694064
  • Total Topics: 118578
  • Online Today: 448
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fooling around in Spandex  (Read 1584 times)

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Fooling around in Spandex
« on: July 02, 2015, 08:13:26 PM »
Now that I got your attention (here, have some bleach for the mental image), by a strange twist of fate (or a fiendish plot, not 100% sure which applies) I came across by a couple of blister packs for the Batman Miniature Game by Knight Models.

In particular, I went for a set of the Watchmen figures, because apart from the 1960s' Batman TV show and movie, it's pretty much the only superhero stuff I really like. Don't get me wrong, the Burton and Nolan Batman flicks are rather good pieces of film-making, they don't capture my imagination quite as much. Neither does Spidey or the Avengers except for the first Captain America and Ironman pieces. Never was a superhero fan by any length.

But anyway, I got the Watchmen figures and a handful of the Gotham Police packs since those would be useful for various settings. Not too impressed by the figures, and if the ones I got are indicative of Knight Models' overall quality, I'm happy I didn't actually pay money for them. Poor casting quality, wrong parts (a right hand where it should have been a left) and overall tricky assembly won't see me hurry to get more.

Still, the Watchmen went together well and painted up a treat. I'm considering doing an Owlship plus a Sing-Sing gameboard, since my other option (Times Square ca. 1975) is a bit daunting due to the required investments and work for which I just don't have the time and enthusiasm anymore. Getting old, methinks.

Some nice figures came out of it. Don't know how much more I'll do for this project, but I wanted to show you these for your amusement.

First, a group shot. I quite liked the schemes used for the stat cards and so didn't go for a proper movie or comic book scheme.

Plus individual shots:

Nite Owl II:

Silk Spectre II:

Rorschach:

Ozymandias:

And finally the Comedian:

Thanks for looking! Comments welcome, as usual.

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
Re: Fooling around in Spandex
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 08:49:58 PM »
Very, very nice, love the watchmen and your painting does them justice.

Sorry to hear about the bad quality of the knight models, shame considering how much they ask for them

Regards

Jim
Cult of the black goat cultist No.10

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 10:46:05 PM »
Wow  :-*
Great painting Chris. You have certainly done a great job on those. Really lovely.

Offline Duke Donald

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 12:50:39 AM »
You did a great job on them. I agree the quality of these minis is appalling, which is a pity as the poses and proportions are nice. However the quality of the sculpting is quite variable and the casting is simply disgraceful for modern minis.