Forum > Season 12

Dr. Mathias's LPL 12 Portfolio

<< < (2/2)

Plynkes:
Outstanding. I think my favourites are the Japanese-style goblin types, and of course the DOAG meeting the Masai (because that one is right up my street).

Love that glimpse "behind the curtain" of how you set up the Orcs and Spiders entry, too. That one was a real feat of miniature and photographic magic.

I think you were treated a bit harshly by the voting public a few times this year, Matt. But that's the way it goes, I guess, people are going to like what they like and there's no accounting for it.  One time I was the beneficiary of it, too, so it would be churlish to complain.  :)

Keith:
Some of my very favourite entries this year Matt.
That penultimate Orcs vs Spiders picture perfectly captures the essence of what attracted an eight year old me to fantasy and miniatures. Wonderful.

Dr Mathias:
Thanks all, appreciated.

--- Quote from: Plynkes on August 15, 2018, 05:56:30 PM ---Outstanding. I think my favourites are the Japanese-style goblin types, and of course the DOAG meeting the Masai (because that one is right up my street).

Love that glimpse "behind the curtain" of how you set up the Orcs and Spiders entry, too. That one was a real feat of miniature and photographic magic.

I think you were treated a bit harshly by the voting public a few times this year, Matt. But that's the way it goes, I guess, people are going to like what they like and there's no accounting for it.  One time I was the beneficiary of it, too, so it would be churlish to complain.  :)

--- End quote ---

I can't rightfully complain about the voting this year- there were a lot of real stunners. Only reason i got as far as I did was some people weren't being religious about the themes and other LPL specific aspects!

I had a lot of fun and didn't stress about it too hard, and got rid of some lead pile too :) I'm really glad to be almost done with the oriental orcs and goblins, they've been waiting for ages.

Of course having started on the DOAG means I'll need to paint more in the near future, can't game with that little group  lol

--- Quote from: Keith on August 15, 2018, 10:56:16 PM ---Some of my very favourite entries this year Matt.
That penultimate Orcs vs Spiders picture perfectly captures the essence of what attracted an eight year old me to fantasy and miniatures. Wonderful.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, that's great to hear. Eight year old me would have died if future me dropped in with a time machine and said 'You'll be doing this someday'.  lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version