Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:00:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1693811
  • Total Topics: 118556
  • Online Today: 630
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: European Agents of Threshold!  (Read 2733 times)

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
European Agents of Threshold!
« on: June 09, 2016, 12:56:29 AM »
Currently working out an acronym for the Forces of Good in Strange Aeons, but here are the members.

(Personalities, from Left to Right)

Fredrik Falk (Character)- Swedish adventurer that has travelled extensively and is well acquainted with violence. He encountered some Unfathomable Horror in Central Europe a few years back and a lesser man would've been driven insane. Instead, it galvanised him into action and for a time he was a Loner with a mission, to root out Evil! But His activities drew attention, luckily it was the right kind and he is now a Senior Field Agent and have his own little cell. He is a lethal shot with his Mauser rifle, which more than one monstrosity has experienced first hand!

Sun Feng (Agent)-
Hailing from Shanghai, Sun Feng undeniably draws attention to himself in mainland Europe. He is soft spoken and seems quite harmless at his five foot nothing frame, but woe betides those who try to visit violence upon him! Then he turns into a Dervish of Death, dispatching assailants with uncanny ease, using only his fists! Sun Feng has some basic understanding of Marksmanship, but dislikes using the 'noisy' handgun he carries in his pocket.

Professor Gerhard Shroedinger (Agent)- A portly and mild-mannered middle aged German, at his happiest sorting out the numbers in the books and very adept at making resources go the extra mile. However, in his youth he was a promising fencer and a decent shot at the Heidelberg military academy and he has the scar to prove it, but some undisclosed event saw him stripped of his honours. Once in a while he gets sent out into the field and proves time and time again that there indeed still is steel underneath those extra pounds. However, a recent altercation rendered him with a severe dislike of seeing blood spilt, regardless if it's his own or someone else's.

Lorraine de Witt (Agent)- A fairly plain looking Dutch young lady. She studied archaeology and is well versed in history, but when it was found out she sometimes sold off antiques that really belonged in a museum, most respected universities turned down her job applications. It was when she tried to fence a curious stone idol off that she ran into Fredrik Falk. After ascertaining that she was unawares of what it really was, he offered her a position with the agency. She knows she won't find any recognition in this line of work, but the rewards are tenfold... and so are the dangers!!! In a recent debacle she was severely wounded and will never be her self again, she had to amputate one of her legs and she now moves with the assistance of crutches, but her Zeal is as great as ever!
"Who knows what Evil lurks in the heart of men?"
"The Shadow knows!!! Hahahahaha!"

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
Re: European Agents of Threshold!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 11:57:07 PM »
A Pan-European agency; Sounds cool.  Where to you plan on basing your organization?  Looking forward to reading more.

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 01:12:36 PM »
Very neat, I'm thinking of moving some of my games to Europe
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 11:22:54 PM »
Nice work!
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 09:45:40 AM »
Apologies all for late response, just came home from Download music festival \m/

A Pan-European agency; Sounds cool.  Where to you plan on basing your organization?  Looking forward to reading more.

Cheers folks, always nice to get comments on my mad ramblings  lol.

Thank you horridperson. Probably going to put them in the UK or possibly Switzerland  ;). Used to play the old RPG Chock back in the day so probably cook up something along those lines.

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 01:14:19 PM »
Switzerland sounds like a solid choice.  Swing the organization as a byproduct/initiative of the fledgling League of Nations (1920) and you have a semi-plausible root for your fiction.  I'm not so sure about the UK; The impetus for cooperation might not be as strong.  I like the LoN mandate because your teams could have rivalries and dislike one another due to national biases but still have the powers that be forcing them together.

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 06:30:53 PM »
Thanks a lot for the input horridperson, I think I might just do that. Currently writing up some fluff and went with Bureau Of Occult Studies and Exploration (B.O.O.S.E.)  lol