Forum > Medieval Adventures

SAGA - Byzantines

<< < (5/5)

Koyote:
Very nice.  You've struck a great balance between bright and muted colors. 

I'm looking forward to seeing this warband progress. 

FierceKitty:
My 10mm Byzantines took a Crusader army to the cleaners last Sunday; very satisfying force. And the crusader and Turkish enemies can also wear mail, so lots more fun painting 'em.

armchairgeneral:
Nice painting.

I have quite a few Byzantines and I felt the GB figures were much nicer than the Crusader ones, and I am a big fan of Crusader figures normally.

Aventine have said they are doing Byzantines but no sign as yet and they announced this a couple of years ago.

Nobiscum Deus!

AngusH:

--- Quote from: armchairgeneral on June 19, 2018, 02:46:12 PM ---I have quite a few Byzantines and I felt the GB figures were much nicer than the Crusader ones, and I am a big fan of Crusader figures normally.

--- End quote ---

Yeah I agree re: the Crusader minis, especially the skutatoi. I like that they are bearded, but otherwise I think the GB are superior. Happy with the slingers though, and the javelin/archer/crossbow psiloi are likely buys when I start work on my Crusaders-era SAGA list.

Flicking through some Osprey books last week at my local book store, I think I appreciate the GB minis a little more in general - especially the faces. Seems like a conscious effort on the sculptors part to match images like this:

armchairgeneral:
Yes I felt the GB range is well researched.

For further reading I would very much recommend the John Julius Norwich trilogy of books on the history of the Byzantine Empire.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version