Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 10:50:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Mike McVey "Sedition Wars"  (Read 74946 times)

Offline elysium64

• Potatoe Cup Holder 2010
  • Mastermind
(KICKSTARTER) Mike McVey "Sedition Wars"
« on: May 25, 2012, 10:34:46 PM »
Saw this on Frothers very tempted by the $80.00/$100.00 deals
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/sedition-wars-battle-for-alabaster
Fully backed in one day!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 06:35:52 PM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: Mike McVey "Sedition Wars" on kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 09:04:06 AM »
does the 80 doller one come with the special limited edition resin version of Kara? lol
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 09:09:22 AM »
I see he's got into bed with CMON on this, I suppose that means that the figs will be produced in the same plastic they've chosen for Zombiecide (i.e. not as hard as your standard on the sprue figure), unless anyones heard any different???

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 10:19:24 AM »
I see he's got into bed with CMON on this, I suppose that means that the figs will be produced in the same plastic they've chosen for Zombiecide (i.e. not as hard as your standard on the sprue figure), unless anyones heard any different???

McVey has stated they'll be done in the same plastic as the Warmachine figures are made in. I've got plenty of those and it's absolutely fine.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline kalamadea

• Librarian
    • Image Gallery
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 10:25:50 AM »
They're probably the same type of plastic Fantasy Flight uses for their board games. It's softer than styrene model kits, but not nearly so bad as the "bendy" plastic. Check out the Gears of War boardgame figs, they have some absolutely fantastic detail (better than many metal models I've painted) and they paint up extremely well.

I can't wait to see what kind of stretch goals are introduced, they've almost hit the first stretch in 1 day. I barely passed on zombiecide. I have no interest in zombies, but the gameplay looked very good and the amount of stuff you got was incredible. This setting is right up my alley and I'm already sold on it, so everything from here on out will just be additional awesomeness.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 10:28:50 AM by kalamadea »
~Kalamadea
(aka Ember)
My Image Gallery

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 10:57:33 AM »
Shame that as it's a uk studio, we're having to pay international shipping? Assume it's being pulled together in the US, if not then that's not a good use of time/money to double handle project back across the atlantic.

Will give this some thought, like the strain Idea, very flood-ish though...

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 11:01:16 AM »
I went for zombicide in the end due to the enormous pile of stuff that came with it. If this goes the same way then I'll be dropping cash on it as well I expect, although I'll have to sell something in order to do so...

The only issue I have is that the basic vanguard trooper is the same pose and you get 12 of them. I really would have expected 2 poses for that figure. That said, the 1st stretch goal is to have alternate female sculpts so it still may happen. I can't tell whether the female sculpt is a basic trooper or the lancer though. I hope it's an alternate trooper pose but expect it'll just be a slight tweak to one of the lancer figures.

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 11:04:52 AM »
Shame that as it's a uk studio, we're having to pay international shipping? Assume it's being pulled together in the US, if not then that's not a good use of time/money to double handle project back across the atlantic.

Annoying isn't it? But then zombicide was done by a french studio and had the same thing.

CMoN are the people handling all the production, distribution etc and they are a US company. So yeah, everything is being done in the US which means that even though the McVey 'studio' is less than an hour from me, the game is coming from the States, probably after being printed in China.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 06:04:05 PM »
True, I was going to contact the studio, pledge my cash but ask for them to ship it from Sheffield? ;)

Offline Love_the_Lash

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 06:40:22 PM »
The only issue I have is that the basic vanguard trooper is the same pose and you get 12 of them. I really would have expected 2 poses for that figure. That said, the 1st stretch goal is to have alternate female sculpts so it still may happen. I can't tell whether the female sculpt is a basic trooper or the lancer though. I hope it's an alternate trooper pose but expect it'll just be a slight tweak to one of the lancer figures.

Well the stretch goal has now been met and Mike has some blurb up about the alternates. The 60k goal nets an additional 12 figs o that would be a cracking one to hit!

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 07:10:55 PM »
Yep, it's a good start. Hopefully it'll end up with similar figure levels to Zombicide, Vanguard army in a box :)

Doesn't answer my question on the alt figures from the first stretch but looking at that squad pic, I think it is just an alt lancer. So you'll get 2 lancers in the box, one without helmet and one with.

Edit: Actually, looking at it again and given the different named troop types are named after their weapon load out, it looks like they are alt basic troops which is a good thing.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 09:16:08 PM by Dewbakuk »

Offline kalamadea

• Librarian
    • Image Gallery
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2012, 10:19:24 PM »
well, the new 60k stretch goal is already 12 more vanguard figs so I'm pretty sure you'll be getting that full army by the time it's done. Personally I'm hoping they add a 3rd faction to it rather than give me more vanguards, but I'm sure at least they'll probably make more alternates and maybe some new figs just for the new stretch goals that they're almost assured to hit. I'm definitely in. Hell, actually I was in just for the base game and would have been perfectly content to have just that, all these bonuses are making me giddy.

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 10:28:14 PM »
Extremely unlikely to add a third faction due to tooling and game setup/design. I expect there will be a bunch of extra Strain and Vanguard but again I wouldn't expect too many alt sculpts making it into the box. Might get the offer of extra unique figs outside of the box contents though.

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 01:04:35 AM »
I hate to pay $80 to $100 but that does look like a nice set of tiles and plastics to play with. It's at least as nice as Earth Reborn as a set, and quite a bit nicer than AT-43 was (even if it did come with barricades and cargo containers. And you get WAY more guys. It has nice tiles that look like they could support a Necromunda style game.

I think I'd also like to get the Gears of War boardgame too since I missed out on getting Doom. (I didn't think it would be a limited time game) and ti's more of a techno dungeon crawl thing.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 01:20:47 AM »
I'm in for a copy of the game. Great figs.