Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 06:12:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Town of Upsheet (Wolf?) Creek: Captain Blood's Pics!..... UD:28/09  (Read 725906 times)

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Re: GeroniMac's 'Ride'... The Town of Upsheet Creek UD:07/10
« Reply #2760 on: October 07, 2015, 12:26:58 PM »
You've made it Paul! Well done.

Hope you guys enjoy blam, take lots of photos and share all the laughs for the rest of us.

Ps. May the constable win.

Cheers
Matt

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #2761 on: October 07, 2015, 01:05:07 PM »
Great job Paul
The only thing that does not meet BR Standard specification is the lack of a safety rail in the smoking area to stop the guard falling (getting pushed) out.
Not a train spotter but a Railway emgineer for 30 years so I am supposed to know what I'm talking about. Put a sign saying mind the step and you'll be ok

lol lol
I am tempted to do that.
 ;)

You've made it Paul! Well done.

Hope you guys enjoy blam, take lots of photos and share all the laughs for the rest of us.

Ps. May the constable win.

Cheers, Matt.
 :D

I am sure there will plenty of all of the above.
It seems you are not cheering the Apache, then...?
 ;D

Update: I am just in the process of setting everything up to make sure that everything gets packed and nearly fell down the ruddy stairs with half the town in boxes in my arms.
 :o

Note to self: Be more bloody careful!
 ::)

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #2762 on: October 07, 2015, 02:23:37 PM »
EXTRA! EXTRA!

Earth quake in Uptown Creek! Several casualties!
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline S44lade

• Scientist
« Reply #2763 on: October 07, 2015, 03:15:31 PM »
The offending article....

As previously mentioned, something I made up and threw together last night to act as the Government Snatch Wagon for the BLAM game.
A very quick paint job, but it will do.

Now, the question is: Will GeroniMac get to ride in his new wagon or will his band rescue him from that fate?

Looks like an "Artistic interpretation" of a London and South Western Railway 10 Ton Goods Brake "Road Van" 5706 (How it got to Upsheet Creek is another matter!)

http://www.bluebell-railway.co.uk/bluebell/wagon/5706.HTML

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2764 on: October 07, 2015, 03:34:38 PM »
Definite train spotter lol lol lol

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #2765 on: October 08, 2015, 12:01:50 AM »
EXTRA! EXTRA!

Earth quake in Uptown Creek! Several casualties!

lol lol

No casualties this time.
I was looking that I managed to avoid sliding more than a step.

Looks like an "Artistic interpretation" of a London and South Western Railway 10 Ton Goods Brake "Road Van" 5706 (How it got to Upsheet Creek is another matter!)

Ya see?
Not so crazy after all.
 ;)

Definite train spotter lol lol lol

lol lol

You should certainly know what one looks like from your previous job, shouldn't you.
 ;)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Dirty Dirk and his 'Assistant'.. The Town of Upsheet Creek UD:08/10
« Reply #2766 on: October 08, 2015, 12:14:57 AM »
A final, pre-BLAM update, because I just could not resist it..... ;D

Dirty Dirk and his 'Assistant'....

....but which one is Dirk, and who is his assistant??
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 09:08:55 AM by Mason »

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: Dirty Dirk and his 'Assistant'... The Town of Upsheet Creek UD:08/10
« Reply #2767 on: October 08, 2015, 06:53:05 AM »
Those two remind me of another pair of Germans.....

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2768 on: October 08, 2015, 07:27:19 AM »
Re: the "boxcar".  I was actually hoping there was a real life version - but from the old west, not the old country.  There were so many things built in railroad shops that just about anything can be justified. 

I am soon to embark on converting some flat cars into stock cars, gondolas, and tank cars for my 15 mm wild west train - to go along with the box cars Peter Pig makes.  Oh, and I'm keeping a couple of flat cars as, wait for it - flat cars.  I'm also going to convert a couple of passenger cars into combines and probably modify one or more of the cabooses to look more appropriate for the old west.  Want a bit more variety in my trains.  Yes, I said trains.  An advantage of 15 mm is being able to put a full train on the table and still be able to have it "go somewhere".  Of course, by a full train I mean about 3  to 5 cars behind the locomotive.  And I plan to have a railroad yard, at least three tracks wide with a spur serving the stock yards.  Got to have stock cars for the old west!  (for carrying those long horned cattle to the eastern slaughter houses).

That conversion work is why I checked out the boxcar - wanted to see what Mason's talented hands created.  Love the finished look and hope the car survives the one game.  Again, nicely done.

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #2769 on: October 08, 2015, 08:38:59 AM »
An advantage of 15 mm is being able to put a full train on the table and still be able to have it "go somewhere".  Of course, by a full train I mean about 3  to 5 cars behind the locomotive.  And I plan to have a railroad yard, at least three tracks wide with a spur serving the stock yards.  Got to have stock cars for the old west!  (for carrying those long horned cattle to the eastern slaughter houses).

You know that you can do it! http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=35212.0
...and yes, you´re right about stock cars:

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #2770 on: October 08, 2015, 09:11:08 AM »
Perfect for chaining vengeful greybacks* up in too  ;)

Cheers
Matt

*Hell on Wheels: Season 1

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #2771 on: October 08, 2015, 09:14:13 AM »

Cheers
Matt

Exactly!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #2772 on: October 08, 2015, 10:17:04 AM »
Those two remind me of another pair of Germans.....

??? ??? ???

.... An advantage of 15 mm is being able to put a full train on the table and still be able to have it "go somewhere".  Of course, by a full train I mean about 3  to 5 cars behind the locomotive.  And I plan to have a railroad yard, at least three tracks wide with a spur serving the stock yards.  Got to have stock cars for the old west!  (for carrying those long horned cattle to the eastern slaughter houses).

15mm does have its own benefits, just too small for my eyes.....
It sounds great and I am looking forward to seeing your progress on it.
 8)

That conversion work is why I checked out the boxcar - wanted to see what Mason's talented hands created.  Love the finished look and hope the car survives the one game.  Again, nicely done.

Well, like I said, just a quick job to simulate what I need for the game/s at BLAM.
If I was going to make more use of it (and had more time) I qould have gone for something different, but it will do.
I hope it proves of some use to you and look forward to seeing what you do with your own set-up.

You know that you can do it! http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=35212.0
...and yes, you´re right about stock cars:

That is a brilliant well thought out and executed table, Michi.
Very clever, the way you can swap everything out to change the setting and genre.
 8) :-* 8)

Exactly!

Zigackly!
And even an angry Apache or two.

Offline Yggdrasil

• Scientist
« Reply #2773 on: October 08, 2015, 11:53:21 AM »
Nice to see that you are using the 'Trench Coat' Guy, too. I really love this sculpt!   8)

It's hard to tell which of them to use as 'Dirty Dirk', because both models differ much in Character.
I would say the Tough Looking Guy would make an ideal 'Barrombrawler'-Assistent, who's capable of throwing out all Roughians and Cowboys which are going to far. In that Case 'Dirty Dirk' would be the dubious looking Trench Coat Guy who don't seem to be tough enough to help himself getting out of trouble. So you would have Dirty Dirk as the Brain and his Assistant as the muscles.

Changing both Characters would end in a really hard, tough looking Dirty Dirk who knows exactly what he's doing (being able to beat his opponents up in a brawl) and of course the Trench Coat Guy who would be an ideal Spy-Assistent for some kind of dubious Boss who's affairs are way to illegal. In that Case Dirty Dirk would be the Tough one while the Assistent runs all the dirty background works (bribing, hiring Mercenaries and so on).

I think it is up to you which one to use as Dirty Dirk  ;)
And thanks for the great Idea of using an capable Assistent for the Amusement. I've recognized that the traveling Cathouse I built has no 'Security Guys' right now. Maybe I find some real tough looking Brawlers, too  8)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 11:56:32 AM by Yggdrasil »

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2774 on: October 08, 2015, 05:57:49 PM »
Think of a British TV programme with a French cafe owner, his singing wife, several waitresses, etc and you'll know who I mean!