Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:27:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1692620
  • Total Topics: 118476
  • Online Today: 660
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Chrome Warriors  (Read 7353 times)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: Chrome Warriors
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 01:09:37 PM »
Any chance you can zip up the cards or something? Kind of annoying to have to click through and save every image individually.

In the main map of Chrome Warriors you can click on the row with the Cyberpunk Event Cards. Above all maps and files a new row appears and you can find the Download button to download the entire folder.

I now also have added a PDF with all 54 cards and backs. So you print this double sided, cut them out and have a deck of 54 cards. The cards are all the standard 63x88mm.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2016, 04:49:22 PM »
Lotsa suggestions for further options I would love to make, but I think playtesting the current framework might be better then bolting on more stuff.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2016, 09:24:59 AM »
while i have little interest in cyberpunk these days I do really love the games name. God knows how many times I have clicked on this link thinking Chrome Warriors, ooooo that sounds cool and sci fi lets check it out....

Thanks man! You know what they say: Cyberpunk is all about style :)

Update
I changed the character card in the document (thanks again, YPU) and changed the Cyberspace map (added an outer glow to the hubs that contain data packages and I added 2 more RAM-token tracks).

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2016, 10:07:58 AM »
Just downloaded your rules and will give them a read this weekend  :)

By the way, was allready flicking through the rules and saw a typo on page 9.
The word "Mission" written in the mission-table is missing an "s" ;)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2016, 10:13:41 AM »
Not anymore...;)
Thanks man!

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2016, 10:17:59 AM »
Not anymore...;)
Thanks man!

My pleasure  :)

More feedback soon to come...

Offline salcor

• Librarian
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2016, 01:02:26 PM »
Malebolgia,

Sorry I must have mixed a few of the different rulesets that I am reading currently.  I think at the moment I need to get the game on the table.  I like what I am reading so far, but have a questions about the "character driven" portion of the rules.   So the stats for the different types of characters are pretty much the same, just different in whether it is a combat character or a skill character.  Is your intention to have the abilities be the differentiating factor between characters in execution?

Salcor

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2016, 01:07:14 PM »
My main intention was not too make it too complex, with the differentiation mainly being in the chosen Abilities. Even then the differences are not huge, but with different Abilities you get characters that feel unique and have a different role in the game. But I wanted their Combat and Skill stats not to differ that much in order to avoid skewed lists focused too much on one element.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2016, 07:33:37 PM »
I wanted a flying drone for this, but couldn't find one that suited my taste, did some quick drawing.

On first print things turned out to be smaller than expected. (they ALWAYS are) but I think I like the shape I arrived at. I might try to find a way to make it a quad copter, since that appears to be the trend of design these days.

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2016, 07:46:45 PM »
hmm I would round up the frontpart of the Dronebody a bit. That total edgy Design of the Main Body looks not smooth together with the rounded Edge-free Turbines imo.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2016, 07:53:58 PM »
hmm I would round up the frontpart of the Dronebody a bit. That total edgy Design of the Main Body looks not smooth together with the rounded Edge-free Turbines imo.

I'm considering replacing the entire front with a sensor dome, since that would make more sense, but less "cool" Your right on the visual connection between the turbines and the body though. The first print was so small it is hard to notice much for now.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2016, 06:13:43 PM »
But wait, there's more!

page 17, sneak "When affected by Dar, characters" should be dark.

page 22 burst  "The attacker makes separate attack rolls for all models..." Is that You roll once for all models or once for Each model?

Page 22 sidebar says you could spend 3 bullet time to react shoot 3 times, page 23 says "A character can react only once per turn."

Can a model go prone on purpose?

Can I move off a ledge on purpose and to fall further then my movement would allow?

Page 27 still shows the bad card, also the example bellow it is wrong, it should be 5d with a reroll. not 6d

page 28 says " 9-10 the player can choose where he wants to place the access hub." should that not be Which acces hub? this makes it sound like you can create a new acces hub on a 9-10.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2016, 07:22:35 PM »
You're a machine man 8)

*P.17 - Check!
*P.22 - Changed to "The attacker makes separate attack rolls against all targets and all attack rolls suffer from a -1D penalty." (so one attack roll for each target model; 3 targets...3 rolls)
*P22 sidebar - changed to "Shooting once per activation
The rules state you can Shoot or Burst once per activation. This means you can shoot outside the activation by using Bullet Time. So a model could make one Shoot attack in its activation and use one Bullet Time to do one simultaneous attack as reaction. "
*You mean Knocked Down? No, I will add a sentence.
*Yes. Falling does not add to movement. I'll add a sentence in the Moving chapter, with an example.
* p.27 - Check!
* P. 28: Changed to "On a result of 9-10, the player can choose on which access hub he places his avatar. "

New files are in the Dropbox!
Thanks man, this is really helping 8)

And love your drone! It fits what I had in mind for the drone. I think a 4-rotor version would be nice, fits in with the current commercial drones in use and I like the look :)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2016, 07:57:13 PM »
You're a machine man 8)

*You mean Knocked Down? No, I will add a sentence.

And love your drone! It fits what I had in mind for the drone. I think a 4-rotor version would be nice, fits in with the current commercial drones in use and I like the look :)

Half man, half machine, all game proofreader.

Yeah, knocked down might be of use when trying to optimize cover.

Once I figure out how to ship the trusses I'll see about adding in a drone. I have a spare printed anyhow. I like the idea of a version with 4 individually articulated rotors, would look real nimble I think.

Also people on my FB have been using "PhotoFunia" to quote silly 80's taglines in a "cool 80's style" I found it rather fitting:

« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 08:28:12 PM by YPU »

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2016, 07:05:19 AM »
Half man, half machine, all game proofreader.

Yeah, knocked down might be of use when trying to optimize cover.

Once I figure out how to ship the trusses I'll see about adding in a drone. I have a spare printed anyhow. I like the idea of a version with 4 individually articulated rotors, would look real nimble I think.

Also people on my FB have been using "PhotoFunia" to quote silly 80's taglines in a "cool 80's style" I found it rather fitting:

Awesome about those trusses and drone. I think I will make an overpass road sign with them, they are perfect for this. The drone will get the 1st place in my painting queue 8)
That image is quite sweet! I think I can spice up my cover image with some inspiration from that one...