Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 11:45:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691996
  • Total Topics: 118430
  • Online Today: 696
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: M.O.O.S.(E). Ministry of Occult Studies (England): 12/10 Game shots  (Read 679580 times)

Offline Mathyoo

• Scientist
    • My blog here!
And that was the last time we have seen Mason online...

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
I feel that I must make some sort of apology to Uncle Mike.

Many apologies, Mike. I had no idea that I was infringing on your IP!

Please dont send me a 'cease and desist' letter.
 ;)

Luckily we are not dealing with a certain large genius but flawed, over-corporate and greedy games company here, who shall remain namelss due to their general lack of a sense of humour and a ruthless need to seemingly crush creativity wherever their products are involved...

:o

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
And good luck to Murphy tomorrow - he needs all the luck he can get that Lockswin lol...

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
And that was the last time we have seen Mason online...

lol lol lol
That did make me chuckle....

..... flawed, over-corporate and greedy games company here, who shall remain namelss due to their general lack of a sense of humour and a ruthless need to seemingly crush creativity wherever their products are involved...

:o

I think I recognise this description but...

...this:

Luckily we are not dealing with a certain large genius

I am unsure about... ::)

And good luck to Murphy tomorrow - he needs all the luck he can get that Lockswin lol...

lol
Who?
The LUCKswin?
King of the '6's?
Lord of the Critical?

Surely not!

Anyway- Sorry, Uncle Mike.
I did not know.
Honest.

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
No apology necessary! Everyone should have at least one copy of that model in their collection, it is a perfect pulp baddie. Can't remember what I called him...pretty sure it wasn't as clever as The Grinning Rictus thou...

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
No apology necessary! Everyone should have at least one copy of that model in their collection, it is a perfect pulp baddie. Can't remember what I called him...pretty sure it wasn't as clever as The Grinning Rictus thou...

Thanks, Uncle Mike!
I didnt think you would mind, but it is an eiree coincidence that not only did we both chose the same model as our Rogue Agent, but we painted it almost identically.
Weird!

On to another matter.
I have been asked several times over the past few months about my Strange Aeons 'board', and as I was asked again only a couple of days ago, I thought now would be a good time (as I am setting up the table for when The Lockswin comes over in a while) to clear this little matter up.

I do not have a Strange Aeons 'board' as such.
It is just a couple of cloths laid upon my kitchen table.

Firstly, there is a standard green felt cloth (the kind that most gamers use, an 8x4 folded in half) laid upon it.

On top of this is a black cloth which has had a 3x2 section cut out of the centre.

Here it is folded up.

You can see where the 'flaps' of cut cloth have been folded back and taped down. I was supposed to glue them permanently, but that has never proven necessary as they have not come unstuck yet.

All it needs then are a few bits of scenery placed on top...

The table is coming together nicely for the game later...

The Lockswin has just arrived, so we are off to the pub for a spot of lunch.
After that we will return for some Strange Aeons shenanigans.
 :D

Back later with the AAR...

« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 02:02:41 PM by Mason »

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
Excellent idea........I keep thinking of our kitchen table and smiling....my son is almost 14 and I am sure he could be persuaded to swap PS3 for a game for a few hours one night....just need to arrange for the Mrs to take the rest of the family out  lol

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
That works a treat Mason, splendid idea. I took the easier option and just attached GW gaming mat to 3x2 size mdf board.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Excellent idea........I keep thinking of our kitchen table and smiling....my son is almost 14 and I am sure he could be persuaded to swap PS3 for a game for a few hours one night....just need to arrange for the Mrs to take the rest of the family out  lol

Now that sounds like a cunning plan!
 :D

That works a treat Mason, splendid idea. I took the easier option and just attached GW gaming mat to 3x2 size mdf board.

Both ways do the same job, mate.
Looking forward to seeing some games on that board of yours.
 ;)

Righty-oh!
As previously mentioned, I met up with The Lockswin on Friday afternoon for a game of Strange Aeons.
We decided to continue with the theme of the Grinning Rictus taking delivery on the Irish coast and set up the table accordingly:

Murphys Boys headed to the Dockside in an attempt to thwart the schemes of the Grinning Rictus by preventing a package being passed by one of his Henchman to his allies on a waiting launch.

The forces of Evil that would be attempting to break the cordon.

The mission would be the alternative version of The Bag Man, where the Lurkers would be attempting to get the Courier safely through the game and off of the opposite board edge.

More later...

« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 08:10:11 AM by Mason »

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Building the suspension again, eh?   >:(  :D

The start looks intriguing and the opposing forces quite evenly balanced... even though there seems to have been a semi-clad "lady" present to distract the opposition  lol

No gaming for me yet... still reading "The Green and Pleasant Country" supplement and just bought from ebay some (read: several but don't tell my missus) old (80s) White Dwarfs just to have extra CoC material... Hopefully get to roll the characters later this spring before the snow melts :)

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
All looking superb mate.......

Can't keep up with thread as much as I should. let alone game as much as I should!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: M.O.O.S.(E)- Ministry of Occult Studies (England) UD:18/03 The Courier AAR
« Reply #1421 on: March 18, 2013, 03:26:23 PM »
Building the suspension again, eh?   >:(  :D

lol
Not really, mate, although some seem to prefer the smaller installments.
I am not in a position to complete the whole thing at one sitting.
It is also a lot easier writing shorter sections, as the screen likes to roll to the top all the time when I post a long thread and I cant always check what nonsense I am typing.

The start looks intriguing and the opposing forces quite evenly balanced... even though there seems to have been a semi-clad "lady" present to distract the opposition  lol

She does seem to get noticed, doesnt she?
 ;)

No gaming for me yet... still reading "The Green and Pleasant Country" supplement and just bought from ebay some (read: several but don't tell my missus) old (80s) White Dwarfs just to have extra CoC material... Hopefully get to roll the characters later this spring before the snow melts :)

I always enjoy reading CoC material in old White Dwarfs.
 :)

All looking superb mate.......

Can't keep up with thread as much as I should. let alone game as much as I should!

Cheers, mate.
You know where we are when you can escape.
 ;)

A quick runthrough of the game.

The Lockswin began the game defending the right hand side of the table, trying to prevent the Courier from making it to the waiting boat.

The Minions of the Grinning Rictus made their way onto the board from the left hand side.

The M.O.O.S.(E). team made their way forward to engage the enemy.

The early turns did not go well for the Agents of the Crown.
They lost two of their number in quick sucession to very accurate Shotgun fire.

The rest of the team moved up to engage the two Shotgun-armed minions and were involved in a prolonged firefight, which neither side seemed able to gain the upper hand of.

Meanwhile a half naked Maniac charged out of the wood and assaulted Agent 'Tiny'.
The huge Irishman seemed most perturbed at the sight of the scantily clad banshee!

Desperately fending off her attacks 'Tiny' was most grateful for the assistance of his leader and his trusty Sword.

After some seriously lucky escapes from Murphy and 'Tiny' (who were constantly outclassed in combat, but saved on more than one occasion by their CON of 8, -both of them!), the Maniac was eventually defeated.

The Lurkers were quick to retaliate though, as one of the Shotgun armed Minions stepped forward and gunned down Agent O'Malley, who was wielding a pair of pistols.

Murphy quickly took revenge for O.Malley and charged the shotgunner......

.....and cutting him down mercilessly.

Whilst Murpht was dispatching one of them, the other shotgunner was finally taken down by 'Tiny', being thrown into the back of one of the vans by the pinpoint shot.

At this turn of events, with three Lurkers cut down in rapid sucession, the Agents seemed to get the upper hand.
It was not easy but they managed to take down the rest of the Lurkers without any further loss.

The Courier had been stopped and the Package that he had been carrying had been recovered, but at what cost to the Northern Irish Branch?

The post-game sequence was seriously painful for The Lockswin, though, with all three of the casualties in this game (two Civilians and an Agent) dying from their wounds!

Ouch!!!

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #1422 on: March 18, 2013, 04:06:43 PM »
Quite a match! That scantily lad lunatic surely managed to keep up fighting that long just because of her attire distracted the good guys  lol Interesting to hear if NIB recovers to fight another day after such big loss to their numbers though? And what did they find inside the intercepted containers, more cult undies??  ::)

Offline smokezombie

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #1423 on: March 18, 2013, 05:35:18 PM »
Ouch indeed..

..still.. one step closer to promotion and a fat restock of agents  :D

Sterling effort old chap.
"The sword sung on the barren heath,
The sickle in the fruitful field;
The sword he sung a song of death,
But could not make the sickle yield."
William Blake

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #1424 on: March 18, 2013, 07:42:24 PM »
Quite a match! That scantily lad lunatic surely managed to keep up fighting that long just because of her attire distracted the good guys  lol Interesting to hear if NIB recovers to fight another day after such big loss to their numbers though? And what did they find inside the intercepted containers, more cult undies??  ::)

I realise that I made a mistake regarding Command and Murphy should not have been able to nominate anyone else whilst in combat, so things could have been worse for the Northern Irish Boys, but it was tough on them as it is.

As for whats in the containers......all will be revealed in The Lockswin's next game.
A Quest scenario.... ;)

Ouch indeed..

..still.. one step closer to promotion and a fat restock of agents  :D

Sterling effort old chap.

Yep- Ouch!
One step closer to Promotion-Yes.
Restock of Agents- No!

The three survivors have a Base Point total of 14, so only one Civilian was added to the team.
The team now consists of only four chaps, but two of them are rock hard.

Interesting times for the boys from Northern Ireland...

« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:07:05 AM by Mason »