Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 07:02:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: M.O.O.S.(E). Ministry of Occult Studies (England): 12/10 Game shots  (Read 679609 times)

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
I will just add my pics to this thread if you don't mind?
I played the asylum group, including the Mad doctor, three zombies, three asylum guards and a maniac
The doctor had injections that could turn the zombies into a monster and as a last resort on himself, only if he was the last man standing.
Things went pretty well from the start. The Cult leader was killed by some long range shooting by moos(e). My maniac then charged in and chopped up the rest,
My guards done well against the group from the dock, managed to shoot a few of them.
My Mad Doc tried every turn to create a monster with no luck.
My Manic then proceeded to start chopping up the moos(e) then got killed.
My leader finished the game getting killed chasing the last remaining moose member off.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
I will just add my pics to this thread if you don't mind?
I played the asylum group, including the Mad doctor, three zombies, three asylum guards and a maniac

Of course I don't mind.
The more pics, the merrier, and it saves me from stealing them off of you anyway.... :D

I should also point out that gamer Mac may well have emerged victorious if he hadn't been robbed by the buffoon of a GM who actually forgot to bring the Guard with the double-barrelled Shotgun.
Sorry Colin!
 ::)

The game had such a close finish that one more nutter with a big shooter could well have tipped the balance.

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
This is wicked! Wish I could have seen it in the flesh. Also, got some hedgerows, it was driving me mad!  ;)

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
I must say that the pics really brings out all your hard work, Paul :) Especially on the farm and the vehicles. It's a sad pity I couldn't make iy :( I hope to bring Herring next year if possible :)

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Smashing looking setup there gentlemen!  :-* I particularly like the barn and the MOOS(E) bentleys.

At least most players had fun, Eric provided you all with a fun day. That's very kind of him. ;)

Cheers
matt.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
No matter how The Game came out, the board looks like a joy to play on...it certainly is WONDERFULLY photogenic. You & Thunderchicken (love that nom de forum) should collaborate more often. GREAT STUFF!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 12:37:56 AM by DeafNala »
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
Excellent looking set Paul, love that old bus.  8)
Well I've lead an evil life, so they say, but I'll outrun the Devil on judgement day.

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
Great set-up and good to see some new players having a go at Strange Aeons.
Love the pictures too.  Looks like it was a blast! 
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb...
- Dark Helmet

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Wow, everything looks great! I also hate your guts as I was not there! That distance thing you know!
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
This is wicked! Wish I could have seen it in the flesh. Also, got some hedgerows, it was driving me mad!  ;)

Thanks, Uncle Mike.
Hedgerows are indeed a must-have, especially with my British setting.
I shall be making mine soon.

I must say that the pics really brings out all your hard work, Paul :) Especially on the farm and the vehicles. It's a sad pity I couldn't make iy :( I hope to bring Herring next year if possible :)

Cheers, Skander.
There is always next year, and I shall hold you to the Herring!
 :D

Smashing looking setup there gentlemen!  :-* I particularly like the barn and the MOOS(E) bentleys.

At least most players had fun, Eric provided you all with a fun day. That's very kind of him. ;)

Thanks, Matt.
Eric the Shed was certainly a very good sport, but this game was symptomatic of his luck on the day.
He had just been twatted pretty bad in the gladiatorial arena and his luck with the dice was pretty 'consistent....

No matter how The Game came out, the board looks like a joy to play on...it certainly is WONDERFULLY photogenic. You & Thunderchicken (love that nom de forum) should collaborate more often. GREAT STUFF!

Thanks, Al.
We are hoping to do just that.
 ;)

Excellent looking set Paul, love that old bus.  8)

Cheers, mate.
It is a bit of a favourite of mine.

Great set-up and good to see some new players having a go at Strange Aeons.
Love the pictures too.  Looks like it was a blast! 

Thanks, D@rth.
The game involved four people who have not played SA before, so spread the word it did.
 :D

Wow, everything looks great! I also hate your guts as I was not there! That distance thing you know!

lol
Cheers, Patrick.
You certainly have a way with words!

I will post an AAR of the game later, written from the view of one of the players, as Doug em4 took the role of the Rogue Agent and his minions and has written one for the BLAM board.

He has kindly given his permission to transfer it to here, so the rest of you chaps can see it.

You will also get to see some of the lovely pictures he took....

Offline Tas

• Mad Scientist
  • A keen eye for the ridiculous
    • The Man Cave
Everyone else has said it before, but I feel compelled to add my own
AWESOME to the pile!

Fantastic work- just...WoW!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:56:30 AM by Tas »

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Lovely looking game Paul and it was a shame I couldn't make the Friday to see it ... So,  :( but  :-*
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 38
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

former user

who manufactures the white guards with the blue kepi?

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Everyone else has said it before, but I feel compelled to add my own
AWESOME to the pile!

Fantastic work- just...WoW!

Thanks, Tas.
Much appreciated.
(Not ALL my own work, though).
 :)

Lovely looking game Paul and it was a shame I couldn't make the Friday to see it ... So,  :( but  :-*

Thanks, mate.
That does works two ways, Steve, as I was gutted not to be able to make the Saturday and Sunday. I was itching to play SSS (which has me even more intrigued now) and to see the WotR game set-up.
 :'( :'(

who manufactures the white guards with the blue kepi?

The ones with the club are a Partizan giveaway figure from some years ago, whilst the others are Dixon's Cops, from their Gangsters range, with their hats filed down to match the others.

Converted Dixons Cops

former user

THX

makes me think about filing down the hats of Copplestone future cops